• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is C-Stick frowned upon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Not using the C-stick because it's uncomfortable is like not learning how to wavedash because you tried it 5 times and couldn't get the timing.

Whether or not anyone wants to admit it, this is a competitive arena and forum. Soooooo no one should be surprised or offended when someone who is making an adamant and fairly stupid argument (sorry) gets shot down.

if you want to be good at this game, or better, use the C-stick. If you don't want to be better than don't. You just won't find any support; your fighting style is like recovering without double jumping.

It makes no sense. Btw winning IS fun. Seriously it's fun af.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
You can DACUS with wiimote nunchuck, razer does. It's not as easy but still.

Also adapting is easy lol. My controls have R set to jump, tap Jump off, Y to grab. That def doesn't feel natural. But you just keep telling yourself to do it every match, and eventually guess what? You start doing it.

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
People act like the C-stick is the be-all and end-all of competitive game-play when it's not. I totally respect people for using it but I do beat competitive players without it and I don't john about it when I do lose. As I said, just make the controller work for you. It doesn't matter what it is, just find what works for you and use that. Feel free to try new things, yes... but if you've tried something and it's not working out for you, then it's your choice as to whether you want to keep using it.

That said, not many people don't get used to the C-stick eventually, which is strange coming from a person that prefers the wii-chuk haha! :p

One of the first things I remember seeing when I came in to the competitive scene was: "Something like 98% of successful competitive players use the GCC and like 2% use the wii-chuk." That is true. That said, don't be afraid to challenge the accepted limits of this community. If you feel something works and you feel you can go far with that... then do it. No johns, no tantrums, just do it.

This is coming from a person who lives in Australia, mains a LT character and uses the wii-chuk. ^^

Oh btw, retreating aerials can be done with the wii-chuk and with quick hands, the amount of difference between that and a retreating aerial with a GCC isn't actually that much. Just sayin' :p

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Personally, as a :pt: main, I need my C-stick in order to perform important techs like Hydro Fshmash, hydro Dsmash, Hydrograb, ect.

C-stick is also preferrable if you wish to perform a retreating areal (it is possible to do so without one, but it is much harder), or if you wish to have more general freedom in the air when performing a move. Say, air chases with Uair.

No it isn't frowned upon. If the option is given to you, and it has a positive effect on your play:

Use it! ~;)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I haven't played Brawl for a while... but I use the C-Stick when I want to use an uncharged Smash attack quickly and often use it for aerial moves.

Basically, I use it when it's convenient for me to use it... can't really explain. =P

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Why is this a topic lol

Once again, summed up

Whether or not anyone wants to admit it, this is a competitive arena and forum...If you don't want to be better than don't. You just won't find any support; your fighting style is like recovering without double jumping.
Does it work? Yes, obviously. Does it make sense? No lol. You can't apply logic to an illogical situation.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Why is this a topic lol

Once again, summed up

Does it work? Yes, obviously. Does it make sense? No lol. You can't apply logic to an illogical situation.
Okay, fine but that's like asking why everyone doesn't use Meta Knight. He's obviously the best choice, the game provides him and you're just limiting your performance by not using him... or are you? You could argue people don't use him because we like variety but I like seeing a few people using wii-chuk here and there. You like that character? I like the wii-chuk. I'm gonna be honest here and say I don't see an argument that isn't linked between not using MK and not using GCCs.

Some people like using the 'worse' option. So what?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Ice Climbers, Pikachu, and Olimar disagree that MK is the best choice.

But America land allows silly stages and MK can just ban or strike out the neutrals where he loses so that's sort of moot.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Meta Knight has access to the C-stick, like other characters lol. So it's not like that
I'm not talking about them relative to each other in that way. Forget the C-stick for a second. :p The analogy is, MK is clearly better than the rest of the cast (I haven't really heard an argument for anyone other than ICs disagreeing with that. :p) just like you claim GCCs to be (I could settle that they probably are). If that's the case, the argument you're presenting also applies to MK: With your logic, everyone should use MK, everyone should always use the best thing, always, because you're 'limiting yourself' if you don't.

I'm saying that's not always the case.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
When I say the C-stick isn't cheap, my friend counters with "Well then, explain to me why they banned it in Single player mode." <-- lol

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
I had a tendency to complain about it, because I never really used it, and my friend used it because he couldn't properly pull off an A-smash every time. But I stopped complaining eventually, and just accepted that he could never charge his smash attacks.

Also, I totally forgot that it was viable as an aerial move selection tool, and instead just learned to move my hands really quickly from down to up or left to right on the stick and then back again to avoid slipping up my movements.

Wtf?? How would anyone know if you're using a c stick as opposed to control stick + A? Are they looking at your hands like a creeper? And more importantly, why would they care?
It's a different flicking sound and usually your gameplay shows that you use it if you use it in excess.

crush

Smash Master
I had a tendency to complain about it, because I never really used it, and my friend used it because he couldn't properly pull off an A-smash every time. But I stopped complaining eventually, and just accepted that he could never charge his smash attacks.

Also, I totally forgot that it was viable as an aerial move selection tool, and instead just learned to move my hands really quickly from down to up or left to right on the stick and then back again to avoid slipping up my movements.

It's a different flicking sound and usually your gameplay shows that you use it if you use it in excess.
C stick IS cheap. we live in the same state lets meet up and have a cash battle ill win even if you use the cheap c stick :glare:

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
mmm....it was revived.....

the only people who think the c-stick is "cheap" are the people who aren't that good at the game in the first place.

its even essential in many adv. techs in the game, many tactics and tricks are impossible without the c-stick/classical controllers right analog.

so the only people that think the c-stick is unfair/cheap are the people who are a joke and not very good at the game(s) and no one will, or really should, pay attention to what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom