• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is C-Stick Too Slow?

Lunesta

Smash Rookie
Im new to the melee competitive scene and was wondering if the C-stick is too slow to be integrated with fast moving characters such as fox. Should i just stick to A?

Game Freak201

Smash Rookie
It's not slow at all, in fact, flicking the c-stick up to do jump canceled u-smashes is how many players usually do it.

Lunesta

Smash Rookie
I know c-stick has its place in running up smash and up smash out of shine, but it is still fast enough for drill waveshining characters such as peach?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
c-stick is better for smashes, theoretically.
Someone needs to correct me on the frame data here, but I believe when you preform a smash with A, it requires at least like 2 or 4 charge frames minimum or something like that.
Then with the c-stick its less.
I don't remember exactly, I read some strong bad post about it like 2 or 3 years ago or something.

but pretty much do what feels most natural.

Rolton Cussell

Smash Cadet
I use c-stick for all smashes, and Dairs. It's just more comfortable for me that way. I noticed in training mode you can only use down a for dairs and it feels so weird to not use the c-stick. A game like smash certain movements and techniques are just burned into you brain.

Im new to the melee competitive scene and was wondering if the C-stick is too slow to be integrated with fast moving characters such as fox. Should i just stick to A?
Its a method for you. Each player is different. Find your method which works for you depending upon what you need to accomplish. If you can make it work do it. Otherwise, you might find it easier with something else depending.

Top Bottom