• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is DK still king of multi-man? [kinda spoilers]

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I've been trying to clear the challenge to beat the 100-man brawl in 3 minutes, 30 seconds and the closest I've got is 3:46. I'm using DK since he's always been the best at these because down-b spam = lots of dead fighting polygons/wireframes. I'm wondering with all the new characters though if there's someone who could be better at this, and hopefully not be relying on how quickly the enemies wander into my down-b attack.

I'm sure I'll get it eventually just from luck with DK but I'd rather find someone who can kill these things rapidly and aggressively.

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
Or use SAMUS

Her up+b = ownage

Just remember that it kills better if you do it off the ground, and not in mid-air.

Also, dsmash.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Fox's shine is great for killing. You gotta be quick though. And Fox illusion is great for when they start to group up.

VandalD

Smash Cadet
Try using Wolf if you have him and just use his smash attacks with the stick. Worked really well for me.

Caramel Bear

Smash Rookie
The easiest way for me was spamming Pikachu's d-smash while making sure to pick up any useful items: Pokeballs, Assist Trophies, charged up Hotheads....

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I haven't really tried it since I posted last, but I have every character unlocked so I'll try these suggestions tonight.

ronin_galiver

Smash Cadet
I just pwned with Marth throughout 100 man brawl. But I keep dying 13 minutes into 15 minute brawl. T-T

NukeA6

Smash Master
I did it with DK and spammed the down b while under the top platform. I also used pokeballs and ATs when available.

Raisinbran10488

Smash Cadet
I did it with DK and spammed the down b while under the top platform. I also used pokeballs and ATs when available.
I did almost the exact same thing, but i found that i got hit less often if i hugged the left or right edge of the bottom platform. I suggest trying that.

carpedro

Smash Rookie
seeing as that DK is a power type it would make sense if you used ike. he has similar power smashes and is very powerful. i would recommend trying it with him.

Mudokon Man

Smash Rookie
I did almost the exact same thing, but i found that i got hit less often if i hugged the left or right edge of the bottom platform. I suggest trying that.
I've been trying to clear the challenge to beat the 100-man brawl in 3 minutes, 30 seconds and the closest I've got is 3:46. I'm using DK since he's always been the best at these because down-b spam = lots of dead fighting polygons/wireframes. I'm wondering with all the new characters though if there's someone who could be better at this, and hopefully not be relying on how quickly the enemies wander into my down-b attack.

I'm sure I'll get it eventually just from luck with DK but I'd rather find someone who can kill these things rapidly and aggressively.
I tried this as well, but DK has issues with startup and ending lag with this move, and not to mention kirby frames (green) like to float and interrupt. I found that using DK's utilt worked much better and was able to clear it with almost 20 seconds to spare. It hits the platform above and has a sweeping motion and kills everything in 1 hit even most of the spawned "real" characters.

templar rage

Smash Cadet
The problem with Ike is that he is slow and as you get further in, the CPU difficulty rises and you will get into that loop where they knock you almost off the screen, you come back, they do it again, and Ike isn't built for horizontal recoveries, since his ->B needs charging. I passed the 100-man with Lucario (Aura pwns), but not in 3:30, it was like 5 something cause Lucario starts out weak. I tried DK, but since the alloys are based off of actual characters instead of just a separate moveset, they are better at disrupting it. For 15 minute, as well as Cruel, I have heard you can just use Jiggs and float under the stage and the CPU's will follow you and die since they have no recovery, but I have yet to try it.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
i managed to to get around 3 mins with game and watch

is up-A is a beast as well as his down A and smashes

Attractive Penguin

Smash Apprentice
3:21 with Marth. Spamming up smash and side smash works wonders.
7 kills on Cruel with Jiggs. After getting enough to break the window didn't feel like going on.
Also, with 15 min brawl if you take them down to 98 kills, then there'll only be one enemy on the field. Just avoid them for the rest of the time and you've got the win.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
its simple i did it with my man ike

spam uptilt
Exactly what I did. I got 3:03.

Donkey Kong songs. Ike's UTilt is the way to go. It's strong enough to kill EVERY TIME, and it can kill all of them at once with ease.

EDIT: Woah, did I say Donkey Kong songs? I meant DK sucks. >_>

mog1919

Smash Rookie
I did in in 3:20 with Zelda. If you stand under one of the lower platforms, you can take out the enemies above you with her utilt, and her forward B move is great for taking out enemies at long range on the other platforms, especially because of its large hit radius.

I also agree that Ike is very effective on this level for the reasons others have already stated. I got 3:44 on my first try with him.

lostsoul5673

Smash Apprentice
yeah, it was easy, after maybe ten rounds at dying when all i needed was one more... but then i finally beat it with ike in 2:35... i just used the c-stick on the gcn controller

Top Bottom