• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Ganon is worthless online?

canswer

Smash Cadet
I have recently been playing a lot on the internet due to having no one to play with. a good amount of 1 v 1's, and some team battles with randoms (I hate basic brawl). Most people I play it doesn't matter much if there is just a hint of lag (or a LOT of lag) but if the person im playing is good, its just impossible to powershield, and spot dodge, like i normally can offline.

Basically what I'm asking is.. If you are playing someone with skills online, does ganon have a chance?

I say not really :(

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
I agree 100% with the lag and my Ganon. See, I just got done playing online with this guy and there was lag. He murdered me with Snake with the lag but when I swirched to Marth and Link I did better (the lag was still bad). I just think Ganondorf is harder to play with lag because lag slows the game down and that Ganondorf is already a slow guy :lick:

canswer

Smash Cadet
stroups im not talking about teams, ganon ***** teams everyone knows that.

I'm talking about good people 1 v 1....

__V

Smash Journeyman
He isn't remotely worthless online. Dair still *****, and that's all you need.

Black Dragon

Smash Cadet
I have trouble connecting with Dair. I time it all wrong when I short hop it. and forget trying to spike with it. If someone sweetspots the ledge, you're just begging to be gimped at that point.

I guess I just need more practice.

__V

Smash Journeyman
It's a guaranteed kill anywhere past ~20%. So, yeah. It's very useful.

canswer

Smash Cadet
Ummm this isnt a "is d-air the best spike in the game(yes it is) thread" its a can ganon play competitively online thread.

Yes D-air *****, we understand that. but have you ever faced a really good MK or snake. its really really gay, and online IMO its close to impossible.

a good snake is impossible to spike, and a good MK you wont have the opportunity to spike....

__V

Smash Journeyman
It all depends on how much you lag. It can vary a lot. I lag with someone two states away, and get less lag facing a friend in Australia. Play for fun before you play competitively.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
I've played a good MK and Snake, more frequently Snake, and had little trouble. And I'm a decent Ganon.
Of course he ***** hardcore offline, but he can also child-**** online.

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I find that ganon does have trouble with lag more than other characters do. Just today I was playing an online match with random people. I was ganon, there were 2 pits, a falco and we were on hyrule temple. Most of the match I was getting wrecked because of lag, but right near the end I did pretty good cuz of the lag, it was kind of epic actually. Everyone was down in the lower area and I was in the tunnel leading to the upper part. There was about 10 seconds left, so I jumped down, and in mid fall I charged up a warlock punch. At this point, there was heavy lag, it literally took about 30 seconds to do the punch and you could see that it was going to hit and I'm sure that the other players were like "noooo!!!". The punch landed and hit all 3 of them. They all had near 100% damage so they all went flying. One of the pits and the falco died and just before the other pit died I was disconnected.

Moral of the story: Online hates ganon.

Thani

Smash Cadet
Eh, I don't know. I always thought lag played to my advantage. It slowed down the super fast characters to Ganondorf's level.

canswer

Smash Cadet
I always thought lag played to my advantage. It slowed down the super fast characters to Ganondorf's level.
?!?!?! hold on, making Ganon even slower is an advantage?

If you have lag that will slow down a fast character, it will take ganon about 30 seconds to do most of his attacks. Its ridiculously easy to see what move ganon is going to do in lag, making it to easy to defend against his already slow move-set...

Griffard

Smash Ace
I've been using Ganondorf online for teams with anyone, and it's been going really well. The only times i've lost is when I"m teamed up with someone who ends up with -3 or -4 :p

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
I managed to get 2nd place in an online tournament with Ganon, although it was fairly
n00bish

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
I've been playing a lot more online with my Ganon and it's been getting better for me. Although there is lag at times I try to take my time and act defensively. Still though if it's lag and a fast player, my chances dwindle :embarrass

Top Bottom