• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is hump grab release < footstool a combo on some characters?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I've only seen this recently in mk vids and nobody has said anything about it from what I've seen so I'm going to ask it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I had a thread up discussing this, but I was saying on smaller characters you might be able to Diddy hump grab realease (DHGR) someone at the edge of the stage to a spike but no one tested it out on a human

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i thnk it works on mk because most mk's spam the jump button when grabbed thus forcing him to get footstool cause of well 2 variables. a character height/ jump height. testing ftw?

IDK

Smash Lord
its guaranteed if you practice it. true combo on MK is all i remember. probably was GNW too.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that the hump release to footstool is inescapable. I do this when I land a hump on someone off the edge and it's very effective. More testing would be useful though.

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
And after the hump release, it is neccesary fastfall to do the footstool inescapable?

ADHD

Smash Hero
So I guess nobody has a clear answer then, and NL is too greedy to tell anything about it <3

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'll test it tomorrow and have your answers then Chrome, if anything I'll test it on the higher tier characters first (as well as the spaceys) then progress to the rest of the cast.

I don't believe this is inescapable for Luigi. Just a hunch though.

Top Bottom