• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Is...Is he issuing commands?!?' Will Red lose the silent protagonist role?

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
not to sure about the pokemon cry theory that you just mentioned. i just think its jsut a random pitch that is played, but then again i could be wrong.

i posted in here a while ago and i just remembered that there are more protaginist that speak. cant beleive i forgot Fox mcCloud. i can be stupid. so no not all protaginists are slient like the ones in POkemon. but if they do make the pokemon trainer talk, they should give him Ash's voice from the show. it would make it seem more realistic

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
actually, the pt does talk - in ALL the games. he does issue commands in the handheld games. everytime he yells an attack, switches out pokemon, encourages them, yeah, thats him, not some translater standing right there. dontchu remember things like:
"Go, SQUIRTLE!"
"Come back, IVYSAUR!"
"Hang in there, CHARIZARD!"

also, if he loses, the box thing could show up and say "Player 1 whited out!", or whatever player you are or whatever name you have in, and then the screen would fade into black for a sec and he would be gone like in the games when all your pokemon fainted.

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
I guess it would be kinda cool if the classic text boxes appeared at the bottom of the screen whenever a special is performed, kinda like the Triple Finish. Then it would stay true to the games. But it could get annoying after a while, seeing random text boxes in the middle of a fight.

* "Flamethrower!!!" *

wisewaters

Smash Apprentice
You don't have to talk to issue commands. You could always use facial expressions, guestures, and body language to get it through.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
Well it's better than having Pikachu scream out his eight bit cry in pain as he gets knocked off of the stage...
omg, that would be so freakin' hilarious!

I'm pretty sure that if he talks, he'll talk at the same time that you attacked. You know, like the falcon punch. Actually I wonder how the pokemon will sound more than I do the trainer.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't care if he talks...I'm looking forward to playing as him, but I still have to wonder why badasses like Samus/Snake/Link, etc. Just wouldn't casually walk over and blast/strangle/stab him to death. Lol.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
How would PT talking be any different then:

"Falcon PUNCH!" and "Falcon KICK!" and "Pikachu!"

Characters all have distinct sounds for attacks, so it will be no different then anyone else.

I think he will be shouting commands. Short and sweet ones like:

"Flamethrower!" and "Bullet Seed!" and "Waterfall!" etc.

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
RED is a Nintendo character. They don't have vocal chords. I actually feel really bad for Snake and Sonic, they only have each other to talk to for the rest of their days because all the first-party characters lack speech.

He's just going to point and do generic "WTF are you doing?!? ATTACK!" gestures like pointing and flailing his arms and legs.
Some people luigi and Ganondorf may talk, though.
and i heard in a video for SSE, Pit talks.
Actually, can i get a link to that, someone? plz.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
He would actually answer commands and would say things like "good, now return!" Or, "Your foe's weak, go get em' ____".

Top Bottom