• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible for a sex kick to hit twice on the same person?

5pence

Smash Rookie
I was practicing fox tech on a donkey kong empty controller and when I baired him, I swear that it hit twice.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure it's possible.

I vaguely remember GERM double nairing a Fox in some Link combo video.
Link's nair has a hitbox very late in the move so that you can get a second nair out almost immediately after the first connects. It is definitely two separate nairs though.

A hitbox cannot hit twice on the same person, but you CAN get a phantom hit and then an actual hit with the same move, so that is probably what happened.

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
Isn't there some phenomenon where the same hitbox can hit somebody twice, provided that the hitbox makes contact with 10 or 12 (or some other crazy high number) other hurtboxes while the hitbox is out?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
no it isn't possible*, what you are most likely seeing is a phantom strong hit and then a weak hit actually hitting

*under normal circumstances

the ONLY possible way a move can hit someone twice is for that SAME HITBOX to hit 12 different things first.

5pence

Smash Rookie
The strong phantom to weak hit is almost definitely what happened because he was at least at 50% yet hardly moved at all.
As to the 12 hurtbox way, would you be able to dair the jelly on brinstar with ganon after the opponent and actually get it to hit again?

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
Link's nair has a hitbox very late in the move so that you can get a second nair out almost immediately after the first connects. It is definitely two separate nairs though.

A hitbox cannot hit twice on the same person, but you CAN get a phantom hit and then an actual hit with the same move, so that is probably what happened.
Makes sense. I couldn't find the video last night before bed, so I was thinking it must have been 2 separate nairs.

Ramo

Smash Cadet
What about if sheik nairs someone into a fly guy and they smash di the fly guy in some weird way. Prolly not gonna happen..

I wish I knew how to make a TAS to try it

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
A hitbox can technically hit the same person twice, but the conditions aren't practical. Apparently the game only counts to 8, so if you hit 7 other hurtboxes you can hit the original one again. The easiest example is the black hole glitch. Essentially what is happening there is that when there is enough turnips, the projectiles that are being reflected form an infinite hitlag loop against those turnips and don't move. If any new hurtboxes are introduced, they are added into the loop; thats why the game lags.

edit-

Massive

Smash Champion
There's this character called Samus, and hitting people with the same sex kick twice is pretty much her best ledgeguard.

5pence

Smash Rookie
That's definitely a special case because it actually moves you when you hit them. Are there any other moves that follow this?

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
An individual hitbox cannot hit the same character twice. However, if a move has multiple hitboxes, each of them can hit, so you'd have to go look at the framedata to really figure it out. Pretty sure most sex kicks are a strong hitbox followed by a weak, but they may just be a single hitbox that grows stronger over time. Look at the frame data, but from what it sounds like from other people, no, you can't do it.

Top Bottom