• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to create 'Custom Characters"?

Remixv4

Smash Rookie
I don't know much about how the core mechanics of all this works, so I thought I'd ask the professionals. Since people are able to use move-swaps to give characters the attacks of others, would it be possible to somehow give characters individual attacks instead of entire sets? Like being able to freely map Capt Falcons's Raptor Boost and Link's Bombs to Mario's move slots for example.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I don't know much about how the core mechanics of all this works, so I thought I'd ask the professionals. Since people are able to use move-swaps to give characters the attacks of others, would it be possible to somehow give characters individual attacks instead of entire sets? Like being able to freely map Capt Falcons's Raptor Boost and Link's Bombs to Mario's move slots for example.
Some things like moving Link's bombs aren't possible because those are articles, which are unique to each character. Captain Falcon's Raptor Boost can be fully achieved, but you have to manually edit the hitboxes to match after you do the animation swap.

So we can in a way create our own "Custom Characters". Hope I helped!

EDIT: Semi-ninja'd

Remixv4

Smash Rookie
Hmm, so the hitbox would need an edit? There goes my hope for easy swaps :laugh:

Thanks for the help!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Some things like moving Link's bombs aren't possible because those are articles, which are unique to each character. Captain Falcon's Raptor Boost can be fully achieved, but you have to manually edit the hitboxes to match after you do the animation swap.

So we can in a way create our own "Custom Characters". Hope I helped!

EDIT: Semi-ninja'd
We can move articles actually :V

Top Bottom