• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is it possible to download a ntsc brawl back pack and play it on PAL brawl.?

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
Hey, i am very new to the whole hacking brawl thing. I downloaded a ntsc brawl hack pack and it didn't work on my version of brawl because its PAL.... obviously.

Alot of this stuff is complicated for me and i was wondering if there was a way to make the ntsc brawl hack work on my version on brawl when i run it through gecko.

I tried renaming the RSBE01.gct to RSBP01.gct and also changed private\wii\app\RSBE to private\wii\app\RSBP i thought that would work but it didn't.

I then used the PAL code and used code manager to create a new RSBP.gtc file and that didn't work either....

Any help to change from ntsc to pal... or does it have to be pal the whole way trough?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
NTSC and PAL versions use different codes. Honestly, your best bet might be to import the NTSC version and play through Gecko. (You might need component cables for that, though.)

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Yes you can run hacks through a usb loader. However, we are not allowed to discuss it further than that. I'm pretty sure that buying a US copy of brawl off of ebay and running it on a PAL wii should be fine. I'm not entirely sure though, as I am not a PAL user.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Iirc the wii is region locked so if you have a method of overcoming this then i see no reason why it shouldnt.

M!nt

Smash Champion
hold reset while holding power to boot up preloader.

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
ok, so i got a ntsc brawl off the internet and the hacks work fine :) now im trying to download a save file. I've already created a save file on the ntsc brawl just to test it out, but in the wii save files, the pal and the ntsc brawl look the same.......??? :/ if i copy a 100% save ntsc save would it overwrite the ntsc brawl save or do i have to delete the save first from the wii... because the last thing i want is to lose 700 hours play on my pal brawl..? please help

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
You won't have to worry about losing your PAL saves because it has a specific save file for that region. It's extremely rare that they'd share the same save file for a different region.

Ok, copy both saves to your sd card, the NTSC SSBB file (once you figure out which it is) will save a folder named RSBE. Get your new save you want to import and replace it with the one in that folder then put the sd card back in your wii and copy over your NTSC save.
Brawl needs Savegame Manager so you can copy it over.

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
Ok, thanks for the help :) its all working but i have a problem with creating brawl music files (brstm). I can create them fine but the song stops in the middle of it and another song plays (the defualt brstm that was already on there), even though i replaced the X02.brstm (menu music) with my new one it cuts off at about 45 seconds in and another music file plays......?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyx2U2Ff3EI

That is the hack pack i downloaded. Why does my song magically cut out...? and the old one plays after i already replaced it..?

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
I don't know. Try getting Brawl Custom Song Maker and making your brstm with that.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I run NTSC brawl on my wii and im a PAL user, I havent come across any problems so far. I imported since i wanted more codes to use.

So it should be fine

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
hmmm weird, i deleted the original x02 file and tested it then, it played normal music the whole way through, so i put my custom music in and it worked :)... seems though i have to delete the one i want to replace before i put it in there... weird, because before it had half my song and half the other song in one brstm file..

oh well now i know how to make it work :)

Top Bottom