• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it worth it?

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
I think he means $96 AUS. Where all new games are around $99.95 AUS

Go to K-mart, I think it is still $77 AUS.

Either way, I think it is worth it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, Australia gets screwed price-wise. Developers have noticed how much we pay from the stores so now they're matching digital downloads to match too, refusing to use non-US cards to buy things from US stores. But I disgres. Look around catalogues, you can find it about 75-80 bucks at a few stores (JB Hi-Fi is good at doing that) and places for trade-ins (again, JB hi-Fi gives the best trade-ins. I traded in Red Steel and Big Brain acadamy for MarioKart a few months back)

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Yeah, Australia gets screwed price-wise. Developers have noticed how much we pay from the stores so now they're matching digital downloads to match too, refusing to use non-US cards to buy things from US stores. But I disgres. Look around catalogues, you can find it about 75-80 bucks at a few stores (JB Hi-Fi is good at doing that) and places for trade-ins (again, JB hi-Fi gives the best trade-ins. I traded in Red Steel and Big Brain acadamy for MarioKart a few months back)
Are you kidding me?

So there is NO way for you to buy it from an online store based in the US?

Fr0sty

Smash Rookie
Look around catalogues, you can find it about 75-80 bucks at a few stores (JB Hi-Fi is good at doing that) and places for trade-ins (again, JB hi-Fi gives the best trade-ins. I traded in Red Steel and Big Brain acadamy for MarioKart a few months back)
JB Hi-Fi is the best, I bought the game for $70 from them. They also had a Trade in 2 games and get Smash free offer, but I didn't want to give up any of my precious games.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Are you kidding me?

So there is NO way for you to buy it from an online store based in the US?
Oh, we could buy US Brawl and a Freeloader, sure, but the latest Wii update breaks the freeloader.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think he means $96 AUS. Where all new games are around $99.95 AUS

Go to K-mart, I think it is still $77 AUS.

Either way, I think it is worth it.
Actually, due to the current low USD rate, $99.95 USD is almost exactly the same as $99.95 AUS. In fact, $101 USD = $99.95 AUS.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nintendo still think it's 2001, where $1 AUD=50 cents US.
Every game publisher does, not just Nintendo. Microsoft and Sony are worse actually, the RRP for some games can be as high as $110, even $120 in a few cases.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The market price matches what people are willing to pay. I'm a little surprised that people are willing to pay that much for videogames in Australia, but not America.

I also heard Nintendo was hit with the 4th largest fine(/lawsuit?) in the history of the European Union over price gouging.

Also, Brawl is worth it.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Your sig pretty much sums it up.

"Super Smash Brothers Brawl is the best game i have ever played! Snkae rules!"

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
C'mon people, it's Brawl. Of course it's worth paying $96 dead presidents. If push comes to shove, I'd purchase it for this much.

Hell, I'd buy Melee for $150. Now THAT game is worth $150! I've got money to burn!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Thats pretty ridiculous no.
Melee is though.

Tony_11

Smash Apprentice
i dont care what the price is or where you live, but u HAVE to buy it becuz its like teh BOMBA!

=P

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The market price matches what people are willing to pay. I'm a little surprised that people are willing to pay that much for videogames in Australia, but not America.
We were paying more originally because of the exchange rate, but I guess they decided not to bother readjusting.

Top Bottom