• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it wrong to go for the Kirbycide every match?

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Lol, honestly kirbicides are normally pretty easy to avoid if they're a good player and they think about what's going on. It's far from being the one and only thing that defeats people(especially people with good recoveries). It really comes down to your opinions on what you consider "cheap". This goes into a lonnnng discussion about who smashboards considers scrubs, etc. which I don't think we really need to get into seeing as there are 9999299932429 other threads about it. So let me just put it like this.

What will you have gained from doing the kirbicide as opposed to not doing it? Vice versa?(winning?practice?etc.)

Do you want to play to win on all of your matches every time, regardless of what people think of you?

Can you play without them?(you should consider the scenario where they don't work on someone!)

Of course, kirby has lots of other moves. I highly recommend you learn to use them or most people won't really consider you a kirby player xD(same way a lot of people will play bowser just to bowsercide sometimes. You don't consider them a bowser player so much as someone who is playing bowser to bowsercide). It's a legitimate tactic in tournament level games so if you can pull one off, I would recommend doing it. However, it's actually hard to get someone into the proper positioning for one if you're playing against a good opponent. Also, I think it'd be better for you if you didn't use it in practice matches or friendlies since you can use those matches to improve on your OTHER kirby skills. If the match has more meaning for winning than just for pure practice, than by all means 3 stock them with kirbicides(if you can pull em off without dying i mean). Otherwise, I would reconsider =]

Best of luck

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Lol, honestly kirbicides are normally pretty easy to avoid if they're a good player and they think about what's going on. It's far from being the one and only thing that defeats people(especially people with good recoveries). It really comes down to your opinions on what you consider "cheap". This goes into a lonnnng discussion about who smashboards considers scrubs, etc. which I don't think we really need to get into seeing as there are 9999299932429 other threads about it. So let me just put it like this.

What will you have gained from doing the kirbicide as opposed to not doing it? Vice versa?(winning?practice?etc.)

Do you want to play to win on all of your matches every time, regardless of what people think of you?

Can you play without them?(you should consider the scenario where they don't work on someone!)

Of course, kirby has lots of other moves. I highly recommend you learn to use them or most people won't really consider you a kirby player xD(same way a lot of people will play bowser just to bowsercide sometimes. You don't consider them a bowser player so much as someone who is playing bowser to bowsercide). It's a legitimate tactic in tournament level games so if you can pull one off, I would recommend doing it. However, it's actually hard to get someone into the proper positioning for one if you're playing against a good opponent. Also, I think it'd be better for you if you didn't use it in practice matches or friendlies since you can use those matches to improve on your OTHER kirby skills. If the match has more meaning for winning than just for pure practice, than by all means 3 stock them with kirbicides(if you can pull em off without dying i mean). Otherwise, I would reconsider =]

Best of luck
Oh, heaven knows I only do it when it's the best option. I still need to get the timing on the Forward B, but besides that, alot of Melee stuff carrried over (Or at least carried over enough to where it was easy to learn)

Beo

Smash Apprentice
wait wait, people will call me down because I kirbycided?

Wow, I bet Gimpy is the life of the party at tourneys then.

Anyways, Kirbycide is weak, unless your opponent can get out and you footstool him. Shooting him down under the stage is a better idea if you ask me, also safer.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
wait wait, people will call me down because I kirbycided?

Wow, I bet Gimpy is the life of the party at tourneys then.

Anyways, Kirbycide is weak, unless your opponent can get out and you footstool him. Shooting him down under the stage is a better idea if you ask me, also safer.
I usually go for the Dair. I know it's a relatively weak spike, but when you're doing it from below the stage, it works wonders.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
I go for the D air when the opponent is recovering

But when I am the one recovering, and the opponent is standing close to the edge to do what ever move he thinks is best, I'll jump above him, start up Inhale, and just fall down. You'll eat him and just star shoot him below the stage. Of course alot of characters can get out of it, but if they do you can just D Air.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I go for the D air when the opponent is recovering

But when I am the one recovering, and the opponent is standing close to the edge to do what ever move he thinks is best, I'll jump above him, start up Inhale, and just fall down. You'll eat him and just star shoot him below the stage. Of course alot of characters can get out of it, but if they do you can just D Air.
So by shooting them below the stage, I can be safer yet just as effective?

I gotta try that.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
There´s nothing wrong using kirbycide in a match (unless you have agreed with your opponent not to use it), but if your whole gameplay would be consentrated on getting kirbycides, then it´d became annoying. As long as you don´t just camp for the change to use it it´s okay to do that when change arrives.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
If your opponent is playing aggressive off the stage while you are trying to recover (I usually find this with marth and metaknight) threaten them with the Kirbycide by inhaling when you expect them to approach. This usually makes them think twice about chasing you off the stage with a b-air.

trying to use it a lot = being predictable + it's not even that great of a move

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Don't pull it off too much, or your opponents wise up to it; use it when they least expect it. You could use it to even out the stocks if you have more damage than he, but really.

You could use Inhale in edgeguarding to an extent so it's sorta based off of Kirbycide; They get knocked off, Edge guard by Jumping and puffing, inhaling as faraway from the stage as you can, fall as low as you can, spit them out, float back up using Puffs and SideB+UpB.

Sorry I wasn't too specific on that but that would be a nice way to kill them instead of simply dieing with food in your mouth. :p

ron561

Smash Journeyman
I'm a good player but i kirbycide every now and then.

If im ahead by a stock and the guy is on their last stock i will kirbycide
If i have high damage and I feel like i am about to die I will kirbycide
If im being constantly edge guarded,I will kirbycide in an attempt to stop it later
If im bored i will kirbycide

I would tell you not to use it to much as players do catch on to it.You have to know when to use it and if you are going to kirbycide make sure you are benefitting from it.If its a pretty even match,i wouldn't recommend doing it.If you both come back with the same amount of stock and its already a close match,they could possibly get the upper hand in the match.Also dont use it again chracters with good recovery unless your prepared to fight them in the skies to keep them from recovering.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
yeah i actually learned to play as kirby and THEN learned to kirbicide. i dont rely on it, but its one more trick that makes you just a little deadlier and more difficult to edgeguard. really, i probably only do it once every other match at most. and i never try to get myself into a position to do it; i just use it when it would be useful in the immediate situation.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
This thread in a nutshell:

If you can get it off go for it, but spitting them under the stage or just using his dair alot offstage are safer and just as reliable.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
well people will call you a noob a disgrace too kirby and think ur cheap which it is but thats pretty much it lol and most people know how to get away from being sucked in so i think u should also try to get some other moves goin on

GeekY

Smash Cadet
its not wrong. i mean look at bowser & D3. im pretty sure nintendo wouldnt put it to make him OverPowered. or they put it in just for fun... or would they.. . * stupid trip mechanism * (;

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
It's not that hard to get out of a kirbycide, and by the time it is hard to get out you probably already at a high percentage. plus, if your stupid enough to fall for a kirby side then you probably would have been killed by another mean anyways.

faytmaker

Smash Rookie
I would say by all means pull it off if you can...

But try experimenting with inhaling the enemy as you fall and shooting them under the stage...then while they are under there B-air or U-air them into the stage, which will spike them indefinitely around 60% or so...even if you spend 2 or 3 jumps trying to land the air attack you should be able to make it back to the ledge on most levels...

Some characters like Sonic, R.O.B., MK are harder to this too if at all unless they are at much higher percentages

If you find this to not work at all for you i would recommend trying to D-air spike, as soon as you pick up the timing on it it's a really nice weapon to have.

lilthunder91013

Smash Cadet
If your opponent is dumb enough to fall for it I say go for. If some one says that u suck with kirby because u do that, chances are that they are the one that sucks for falling for it. I dont think kirbyciding is cheap because it is extremely easy to avoid.

Kirby_Is_Da_Man

Smash Apprentice
I don think it's wrong to kirbycide. i do it kno n then, but i usually don kill myself. i go safe lik wat da other guy said, n throw them under da stage. only if the stage doesn't have a bottom, go low enough and jus take away their second jump, it's not that hard

Kirby_Is_Da_Man

Smash Apprentice
i don think so. it's juss ppl don avoid it, n if they c it coming then it's their own falut. i do it now n then, but tryin watchin sum video combos. it helps a lot, or try makin combos of ur own

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
Lol, i think its absolutly brilliant to do this move in competitive matches

Its the funniest thing ever to have your mate beside you watch in horror as you inhale them and watch the fall to their doom

It never fails to make me laugh.

If you're on 100% and have 2 stocks against 1 because you've just launched them with a Fsmash, whats the point in letting them launch you when you can simply suck them up and win the match?

Simple but effective.

Top Bottom