• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Megaman similar to Brawl's Captain Falcon/Sonic?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know this question could be easily misinterpreted so allow me to explain. Early in Brawl's metagame, Captain Falcon and Sonic were considered mediocre at best and hilariously bad at worst. Despite this, a lot of people were dedicated to the characters and many people played them to better their overall standings. Obviously, they never became the best characters in the game or anything like that but you had some surprisingly good players for both of them. For this game, I kind of get the same vibe for Megaman: a character that people like so much that they want to do all they can to keep them from outright sucking. What do you guys think?

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I think Mega Man has all the tools to be awesome and it all depends on the players who play him!

I personally don't follow the belief that characters are broken up into tiers, so maybe I am biased in my statement: Mega Man rocks! (Get it? :p I made a funny.)

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Well with playing Mega Man, I find him satisfying to play since he's so different than the rest. I'm better with Mega Man than I am with any other character in the roster and I'd play him even if he was the lowest of the low. It's not like it's because he's the rep of my favorite video game series, like ever hehe rite

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Megaman is a character that trys his hardest to keep control of the battle at all times. U want them to be in the range of your pellets/metal blades.

Anyway I expect megaman to be low B teir at most he has a lot of options and answers to most of the cast.

D

Deleted member

I did remember originally hearing about concerns with Mega Man's standings early in the game that he might be a low tier character. Thankfully he seems to be performing better as time goes on and I hope that remains the case.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I don't know about that, just because megaman doesn't have many advantadges against characters like Sheik and Diddy, i don't think he is as bad as the poor Captain was in brawl.

As far as tiers go, i think MM will be mid tier. Sure, he is not the best in the game, but no way he is the worse either.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I believe Mega Man has all of the makings of an exceptional character, provided he is in the right person's hands.
Well with playing Mega Man, I find him satisfying to play since he's so different than the rest. I'm better with Mega Man than I am with any other character in the roster and I'd play him even if he was the lowest of the low. It's not like it's because he's the rep of my favorite video game series, like ever hehe rite
You and I are much more alike than I thought. I believe that part of being successful with Mega Man is being familiar with how he works. To me, it's like playing a Mega Man game, and me being a big fan of his series, using him feels very natural to me.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
I think Mega Man will eventually be pretty much Top of B tier or Bottom of A. There are too many ways to be obnoxious with MM and not enough ways to cheese him.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I believe Mega Man has all of the makings of an exceptional character, provided he is in the right person's hands.

You and I are much more alike than I thought. I believe that part of being successful with Mega Man is being familiar with how he works. To me, it's like playing a Mega Man game, and me being a big fan of his series, using him feels very natural to me.
Yep! I play him like Mega Man, not like I would anyone else, and what results is something that feels like a Mega Man game. I picked him up rather easily due to playing his games countless times in the past.

I think Mega Man will eventually be pretty much Top of B tier or Bottom of A. There are too many ways to be obnoxious with MM and not enough ways to cheese him.
I can't imagine him being Bottom of A or anywhere past mid-B but I guess we'll have to see where we take him. :p

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
Bowser Jr has great potential. He could be one of the better projectile wall characters if someone really worked hard on him.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Top Bottom