• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is pit a little better than Ike?

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Ike just isn't as good in terms of recovery and pit is faster than him. Although Ike can deal extremely strong smashes, they probably won't hit unless you can do a gimpyfish combo with Ike.

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
Lol, this thread is probably more biased than truth... all videos ive seen of ike vs. pit, ike won, and i watch live streaming all the time.

Fumetsu

Smash Rookie
sure pit has speed and recovery...but he has no killing moves, sure he can tack on damage, but its really not that life threatening...

Ike in the right hands is a monster! so they both have there strengths and it really just depends on the players skills

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
If a character has no killing moves then they can't do much even if they are fast.

Ike is slow and powerful but in theory Pit could keep him at bay via arrows. If a good Ike could get in then it is all over.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Also Ike come back isnt as good as pits but ikes final smash maybe better

Final Smashes arent a factor...

And all vids of Pit suck. Period. Go ahead and ask Inui just how Pit rocks the world.

Dont take casual games into account, please.

Fumetsu....did I read the words...no...killing...moves?..Go ahead and give up, beacause you are clueless.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I don't think it's a matter of one character being outright better than the other. Rather, one might be used as a counter for the other.

It really depends. Hardly any one's seen enough valid skill level matches to be able to make a correct decision.

My money's on Ike though. Even with the arrows, I'd imagine that Pit would have a hard time KO'ing a heavy character, since all of his kill moves are close range, and , let's face it, getting close range to Ike is like playing hot potato with a nuclear warhead.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I don't think it's a matter of one character being outright better than the other. Rather, one might be used as a counter for the other.

It really depends. Hardly any one's seen enough valid skill level matches to be able to make a correct decision.

My money's on Ike though. Even with the arrows, I'd imagine that Pit would have a hard time KO'ing a heavy character, since all of his kill moves are close range, and , let's face it, getting close range to Ike is like playing hot potato with a nuclear warhead.
Really, I'm tired of this. Pit is not hard to KO with. His arrow spam is amazing, and Ike's reaaaaalllyyy strong attacks are all....grounded. Guess which ones are also reeeaaaalllly slow? His grounded ones. Ike needs the air, and his air attacks are not uber powerful.

And I love how you guys have absolutely no knowledge of the game, yet you try to have a serious debate. Pit is actually heavy. He'll survive up 150%, hell, Inui commented saying with his amazing recovery, he lasted to 200%

Look, I respect people who play low tier, I don't respect people who make topics that discuss why one character is better than the other, with out actually knowing why. Every topic aside from the guides on the Ike boards is so full of holes and lies it's not even funny.

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
I like Pit better because his moves are much faster and therefore intercept most of his moves.

And unless your a moron Ike can KO 10000000000000 times better.

Soooo... it would actually be a pretty good team :}

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Really, I'm tired of this. Pit is not hard to KO with. His arrow spam is amazing, and Ike's reaaaaalllyyy strong attacks are all....grounded. Guess which ones are also reeeaaaalllly slow? His grounded ones. Ike needs the air, and his air attacks are not uber powerful.

And I love how you guys have absolutely no knowledge of the game, yet you try to have a serious debate. Pit is actually heavy. He'll survive up 150%, hell, Inui commented saying with his amazing recovery, he lasted to 200%

Look, I respect people who play low tier, I don't respect people who make topics that discuss why one character is better than the other, with out actually knowing why. Every topic aside from the guides on the Ike boards is so full of holes and lies it's not even funny.
Lol @ u. You say we don't have enough knowledge of the game? >.< People survive longer in brawl. Your statement doesn't have so much wait to it.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
Pit can spam projectiles, has faster moves, great recovery... Ike has power... Pit>Ike, but that's just looking at the facts

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
You forgot to mention that Ike is heavy, has super armor w/Aether, long range melee, etc.
Math only works if all the variables are included.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
e105, you are reaaally biased. Ike's KO strength wont do **** if he cant hit, which he wont when he fights Pit. If you are so determined to protect him, see me an Inui during the tier wars so we can laugh at how pathetic this was.

blue_dragon

Smash Apprentice
e105, you are reaaally biased. Ike's KO strength wont do **** if he cant hit, which he wont when he fights Pit. If you are so determined to protect him, see me an Inui during the tier wars so we can laugh at how pathetic this was.
You keep saying "Inui'll show ya!" and the like, however all you are proving is that players are good not characters. With a good player Ike could last to 500+ just as Pit can last 200+. No character is better than another, even jiggs, when they have good players. So quit trying to persuade people with your unstated killing moves and "uber speed" arguements.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
I might be biased, but not without reason.
Pit might be fast, but it's mostly attack speed.

Feh at the tier wars. I acknowledge differences good-wise in characters, but tiers cause everybody to avoid certain characters, causing no discovery in battle strategies for anyone besides high-tiers and little variety in tournaments and the like.

But yeah, this argument is a little pathetic since none of us have either:
A. Played the game
B. Played it long enough

Oh well...

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You keep saying "Inui'll show ya!" and the like, however all you are proving is that players are good not characters. With a good player Ike could last to 500+ just as Pit can last 200+. No character is better than another, even jiggs, when they have good players.

Ike get KO'd around 130-150. Pit survives to about 150% I just commented saying their was an instance where he lived that long, lol.

Still, pit is actually alot more weightier than he seems. I know, it's odd, but he is not easy to KO as he seems. Ike is also, very durable, and his offense is generally a perfect defense...but if his attacks leaves him open, the punishment will get to you head.

I'm gonna have a talk with Lord Knight on details about Ike, so I can re evaluate this lil argument, but for know, Pit>Ike in my head.

See you guys around.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Ike get KO'd around 130-150. Pit survives to about 150% I just commented saying their was an instance where he lived that long, lol.

Still, pit is actually alot more weightier than he seems. I know, it's odd, but he is not easy to KO as he seems. Ike is also, very durable, and his offense is generally a perfect defense...but if his attacks leaves him open, the punishment will get to you head.

I'm gonna have a talk with Lord Knight on details about Ike, so I can re evaluate this lil argument, but for know, Pit>Ike in my head.

See you guys around.
But a good Ike player won't miss :)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You keep saying "Inui'll show ya!" and the like, however all you are proving is that players are good not characters. With a good player Ike could last to 500+ just as Pit can last 200+. No character is better than another, even jiggs, when they have good players. So quit trying to persuade people with your unstated killing moves and "uber speed" arguements.
Very well said. Too bad everyone seems to have ignored your plea for common sense lol

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Very well said. Too bad everyone seems to have ignored your plea for common sense lol
Lol, this thread does have some pretty good common sense compared to some others though.

It's just that:
"With a good player Ike could last to 500+ just as Pit can last 200+."
Has no evidence, and:
"No character is better than another, even jiggs, when they have good players. "
Depends on HOW good the players are. You need some SERIOUS skill to beat a (using levels to represent player skill) lvl 7 Marth with a Bowser, around lvl 10 or so. The Bowser character needs to be supremely dedicated to his craft, and not just be a pro who is good and uses a character.

blue_dragon

Smash Apprentice
Lol, this thread does have some pretty good common sense compared to some others though.

It's just that:
"With a good player Ike could last to 500+ just as Pit can last 200+."
Has no evidence, and:
"No character is better than another, even jiggs, when they have good players. "
Depends on HOW good the players are. You need some SERIOUS skill to beat a (using levels to represent player skill) lvl 7 Marth with a Bowser, around lvl 10 or so. The Bowser character needs to be supremely dedicated to his craft, and not just be a pro who is good and uses a character.
With a good Aether abuser it would be very possible to last 500+

And as far as the characters go, people choose characters based on their preferences toward their moves. Thus a Pro is more likely to use someone he mains in a match as he knows, and uses to the fullest potential, their moves. And If a player is level 10 with Bowser, then you know he is dedicated. :chuckle:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
With a good Aether abuser it would be very possible to last 500+

And as far as the characters go, people choose characters based on their preferences toward their moves. Thus a Pro is more likely to use someone he mains in a match as he knows, and uses to the fullest potential, their moves. And If a player is level 10 with Bowser, then you know he is dedicated. :chuckle:
If Ike can survive to 500%, he will be banned from tourney. O-o;...maybe more like 200%...

I'm seeing some really wicked **** with Aether. It seems guaranteed to be used brokenly.

blue_dragon

Smash Apprentice
If Ike can survive to 500%, he will be banned from tourney. O-o;...maybe more like 200%...

I'm seeing some really wicked **** with Aether. It seems guaranteed to be used brokenly.
No because it requires too much skill to do generally broken moves are easier to use. If it's used brokenly, then Ike can easily be punished due to lag, evening him back out. Besides 500% is only against noobs, but yeah I could see 300% with counter and super armor against pros.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Pit is 100% better than Ike. Safer aerials, better approach, strong defensive game, better recovery, easy edgehogging similar to Jigglypuffs. Has much more options that Ike. Pit is one of the best characters in the game, like I said in other topics Ike will be about where Link/Roy were in the Melee tier list.

EDIT: Most of the people on the Ike forums are just fan boys that joined SWF from gfaqs or because Brawl is about to come out. Almost all of these people have no idea what high-level competitive smash is all about.

Ike is very slow he has very few approaches and nothing that can save him from being aggressively rushed down. He is very similar to how Bowser is in Melee. Ike is strong...but his killing attacks are all slow and easy to avoid except Bair. Ike is a solid character no doubt, but he is nothing special. He is extremely easy to abuse because his horrible recovery and not being able to do anything when people are pressuring him except his a,a,a combo lol.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
^ Hmmmm, we'll see.

While I can see where are coming from, I think you are underestimating his super armor, edge guard game, and game counter. His approach is solid with quick draw, too.

But of course, this is all speculation and perception from someone who hasn't played yet.

In Brawl I will be playing a lot of characters, but will be dual maining Marth/Ike. I will what I can do to make Ike a respectable character(though I think he is already).

Look forward to fighting you. I definitely don't fit into the category you generalized most Ike fans to be in.

vato_break

Smash Master
ike hands down dude
ike is full of KOing moves.
Pit is light and weak making him an easy foe for ike.
Don't get me wrong pit is good but, just not good enough

Mr.C

Smash Master
Ike vs. Pit looks like Sheik vs Ganon. No contest at all. :\
That is seriously what it is lol. Pit can combo 0-70% in a matter of seconds and get easy 150% kills if he doesn't gimp you on the edge for a low % kill.

Ike is one of the EASIEST characters to kill due to him having no options off the edge except Aether which has no horizontal recovery, and quick draw...if you jump in front of his quick draw when hes off the edge he automatically dies..lol.

^ Hmmmm, we'll see.

While I can see where are coming from, I think you are underestimating his super armor, edge guard game, and game counter. His approach is solid with quick draw, too.

But of course, this is all speculation and perception from someone who hasn't played yet.

In Brawl I will be playing a lot of characters, but will be dual maining Marth/Ike. I will what I can do to make Ike a respectable character(though I think he is already).

Look forward to fighting you. I definitely don't fit into the category you generalized most Ike fans to be in.
Ike has super armor on two moves. His release of Eruption and the starting animation of his Aether. Yes these things are good but are situational lol...nothing that will define him as a character. He doesn't have much of an edge guard game compared to other characters...although he can bait jumps and hit with Uair, Bair which are nice killing moves, essentially his smash attacks are pointless because they will hit as often as Bowsers Fsmash in Melee lol. To be honest quick draw is his only approach when people are spacing, projectile pressuring....its kind of like how Luigi's only approach in Melee was Wavedash after being shield stunned. Its very predictable not to mention you can't follow up with anything if the quick draw attacks.

Ike is a SOLID character, he will definitely be apart of the better half of characters but putting him against Pit, Marth, DDD, Luigi, TL, Sheik/Zelda which IMO will be some of the best characters in the game put him at a disadvantage.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
ike hands down dude
ike is full of KOing moves.
Pit is light and weak making him an easy foe for ike.
Don't get me wrong pit is good but, just not good enough
See, the instance you say Pit is light and weak, you can gtfo. He's not light, he looks light, but it's obvious you have absolutely no knowledge of the game.

Pit has plenty of options, and has two killing moves. And like Marth, he really only needs two killing moves.

And there is no way in hell Ike will be low tier. Ike is solid, and very awesome, but can get ***** by Pit.

vato_break

Smash Master
See, the instance you say Pit is light and weak, you can gtfo. He's not light, he looks light, but it's obvious you have absolutely no knowledge of the game.

Pit has plenty of options, and has two killing moves. And like Marth, he really only needs two killing moves.

And there is no way in hell Ike will be low tier. Ike is solid, and very awesome, but can get ***** by Pit.
my bad on that i had no clue pit wasn't light
i apologize

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
my bad on that i had no clue pit wasn't light
i apologize

It's cool, lol. All I can say is lurk moar...God knows I need to. XD

I will say this however, Pit is easily Gimped, so that can really **** with his awesome recovery. Still, his projectiles are very easy to spam with, and the speed and combo ability of hsi attacks are very good.

vato_break

Smash Master
It's cool, lol. All I can say is lurk moar...God knows I need to. XD

I will say this however, Pit is easily Gimped, so that can really **** with his awesome recovery. Still, his projectiles are very easy to spam with, and the speed and combo ability of hsi attacks are very good.
Just asking but, are you going to main pit?

Top Bottom