• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is pit the best brawl character?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
He seems pretty good, I honestly am not a huge Pit fan so I haven't see too many videos of him unless it included one of my favorite fighters, but he looks good.

Probably not the best.

-BLaze-

Smash Cadet
Its too early to be determining the best character(s)...

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
Like other have said, it's way to early to determine.

While playing it over the weekend, many characters are good! All of us who got together couldn't actually pick out a character that downright sucked ***. They are all just so much fun to play!

But i feel Pit will be a good brawl character, probably not the best.

But I'm going to main him anyway! XD

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
I think we can assume that each character could be the best. It all depends on the player, really, because each character has the potential. Yes, even Jigglypuff (and her giga body expansion of doom).

Zevox

Smash Lord
Too early to tell. I think hes certainly a contender, but the competition is so fierce, theres no obvious conclusion. Marth is supposedly at least as good as he was in Melee, perhaps better according to some players, and Meta Knight has most of Pit's advantages plus even greater speed of both movement and attacks, only losing some killing power and projectiles in exchange. Then you've got guys like Pokèmon Trainer (Squirtle and Charizard are both pretty impressive), R.O.B. (even better recovery than Pit, fast and strong attacks, auto-charging laser and chargeable thrown tops), King Dedede (chain grab like crazy, great recovery, fast attacks for a heavy type, KOs earlier than any other starting character), Peach (looks like shes still great), and wild cards like Snake, Sonic, Diddy, Zelda, and God-knows-who-else at this point.

Yeah, basically far too early to tell. I suspect Pit will be among the best, but perhaps not the best. I definitely think we'll see a lot of him though.

Zevox

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
i've only played at my friend's and we were all kinda fooling around w/ the characters cuz we wanted a feel for the game
but by the end of the day, i really liked pit - amazing recovery, nice bair and fair that are good at ejecting, relatively good priority for most attacks, has some range
not saying pit is the best, but pit will prolly be ranked pretty high

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Well, I really don''t see why your evidence for Pit being the best charictor was a link to a 3 month old GT video.

I can't stress this enough though, not just for pit but for every charictor discussion in this forum. Yes your charictor looks good, yes your charictor has fantastic [insert specialty here], and may be a force to be reckon with, but there are 34 other charictors that are competeing for the tital of top tier. Being top tier is all a matter of a charictors ability to deal with every single charictor and comeing out on top with ease. Only time and experimentation will tell who's the best.

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
Well, I really don''t see why your evidence for Pit being the best charictor was a link to a 3 month old GT video.

I can't stress this enough though, not just for pit but for every charictor discussion in this forum. Yes your charictor looks good, yes your charictor has fantastic [insert specialty here], and may be a force to be reckon with, but there are 34 other charictors that are competeing for the tital of top tier. Being top tier is all a matter of a charictors ability to deal with every single charictor and comeing out on top with ease. Only time and experimentation will tell who's the best.
that would be true
but having actually played the game, pit really does have alot going for him. the only character i haven't actually used is wolf, and i'll give it the benefit of the doubt. SSBB is a whole lot different from melee and pit's style really fits in. he has a godly recovery and it really helps cuz the boundaries seem a whole lot wider this time around. furthermore, he doesn't seem to be too light. he has spammable moves and can knock people off with his fair, bair, dair and use his numerous jumps to do godly edgeguards. you might say metaknight could do that but metaknights moves just rack up damage, there is barely any knockback, even with his smashes. pit's fmash is not bad and the aforementioned aerials. that and when i actually played pit, it was quite easy to survive and rack up kills. okay that sounded like a rant sorry XD but i really hope people relaize how good pit is
so no videos to show, but i hope my personal experience is enough for the critics

Top Bottom