• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Sing Actually Worthless? New Glitch

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Wow, right after the "Sing is horrible" thread.

Looks pretty cool, and useful. But this looks like somthing that only exists because of stage terrian. Like the "wavedash" uphill.

Still, cool find. It looks like jiggs is pushing off the yellow bayonette looking thing on the great fox. It might work in some other places though.

I don't have high hopes for this.

EDIT: You jumped o_O

The momentum from the jump pushing on the underside may have done the trick. Mabey if you DI bach while jumping under FD's lege, and using forward DI and sing after, the same thing will happen.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
that is really interesting. Does it work on other stages with flat edges, or do you have to be going up at an angle. otherwise, cool find

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I think its all in the DI against the bottom of the stage. I saw a jump against the ceiling before you sang.

If jiggs had a wall jump or a wall cling, you could just hop around the corner of the edge and use sing as you near the edge.

Metatitan

Smash Master
sing is still worthless, this is just another variation of the ledge canceled sing :(. nice find tho. one time i did a rising sing under final d's lip and it autocanceled, i couldnt replicate it tho and it seems worthless so meh

Veril

Frame Savant
sing is still worthless, this is just another variation of the ledge canceled sing :(. nice find tho. one time i did a rising sing under final d's lip and it autocanceled, i couldnt replicate it tho and it seems worthless so meh
yes, I believe this is possible. The range at which you can grab the ledge after using sing is INSANE.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
yes, I believe this is possible. The range at which you can grab the ledge after using sing is INSANE.
If you mean under the edge. If you are off a little more to the side of the edge when you use it, (like I foolishly did in lag yesterday) You cant reach it. If you are under it, the grab box is easier to grab.

When I am knocked off very far with not many jumps left, I try using rising pound with my last jump. It often buffers because I am franticly trying to get to the edge, and I sing/DI/jump instead. This results in me grabing the ledge at a very lucky range.

Meow n Stuff

Smash Rookie
can someone explain why sing under the left and right platforms of japes sometimes just stops and cancels completely? sing cancels without grabing on edge there. glitchy stage ?

Veril

Frame Savant
can someone explain why sing under the left and right platforms of japes sometimes just stops and cancels completely? sing cancels without grabing on edge there. glitchy stage ?
Its not just japes, its BF, Final D, Smashville, and possibly others.

I've been looking into this. Here, have a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_upXyxnIaM

There's a spot in which you don't snap back to the ledge but it counts you as having done so. I'm not sure exactly how it works but I know there are other specials (falcon's up-b etc) that have a similar effect.

Rhed, you should look into these two techniques. Maybe sing has some wacky super stall potential. On that note, we should allow Rhed to take things from here. Sing is sorta his deformed premature baby.

EDIT: I figured out how it works :) Video of me using it for extended periods of time will be up later hopefully. As of now I haven't been able to do it more than 4 times in a row.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Its not just japes, its BF, Final D, Smashville, and possibly others.

I've been looking into this. Here, have a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_upXyxnIaM

There's a spot in which you don't snap back to the ledge but it counts you as having done so. I'm not sure exactly how it works but I know there are other specials (falcon's up-b etc) that have a similar effect.

Rhed, you should look into these two techniques. Maybe sing has some wacky super stall potential. On that note, we should allow Rhed to take things from here. Sing is sorta his deformed premature baby.

EDIT: I figured out how it works :) Video of me using it for extended periods of time will be up later hopefully. As of now I haven't been able to do it more than 4 times in a row.
This is awesome!!!!

Top Bottom