• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is spamming the dash attack necessary?

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
I am noticing a little more Mr. Game & Watch players online than before. Some of them are pretty aggressive and they seem to have a thing for constantly doing the dash attack.

Why is that? Lasting hit box? Makes it harder for their opponent to approach? Keep them in the air? Just be annoying? It just feels like it's an attack that shouldn't be safe to do constantly yet it still works. Kind of like how many Samus and Captain Falcon players love to keep using their dash attack too.

I have thought of getting back into him since I somewhat mained him in Brawl, even though he plays slightly different now.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Dash is soo great and it stops projectiles like Luigi's fire balls you can dash them then jab as they sprint in for a grab I think gw was one of the best dashes in the game

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Teach 'em a lesson and shieldgrab them. They'll either stop doing it or lose for doing it. The attack is great, but it's unsafe on shield I believe.

KnightofPizza

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LergiOfficial
At lower percents it can combo into itself on heavier characters, and is a solid move for getting the opponent into the air to follow up with an aerial, though like Collin said, it is unsafe on shield and can result in a grab combo/quick Smash if the opponent is quick enough.

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
It is by far his best move, with lingering hitboxes, sourspot followups, chain potential, combo potential, an ability to negate some attacks, and even a tiny bit of kill power. Because of its properties, it can be used to completely stop unsafe landings, and is the source of G&W's anti-air vortex as well as his surprise game.

Top Bottom