• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is the CPU (lvl.9) a decent opponent to you?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
No, they're not. I wish they were, computers are boring to fight.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
No. They have no mindgames, DI poorly and sometimes not at all when they should, miss opportunities to attack when most humans wouldn't, and often times recover so poorly they leave themselves very open to gimping.

BTW, welcome to SWF!

Barge

I'm used to mindgaming humans (Smash attacking in the opposite direction in your facing to predict that they'll roll behind you). So sometimes I do that to Comps and they don't do anything. Lol

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
CPUs = fail... too easy to read + disgusting DI+ they get you into the habit of rolling.

and welcome to the boards.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I actually enjoy training with lvl 9 CPU's. People say they create "bad habits" but all you have to do is concentrate on not forming bad habits. You just have to play them with the right mindset. They help show you what combos are inescapable/escapable. They help you learn priority and basic physical spacing (not mental spacing... that is from human experience.) They help you notice holes in your aggressive strategy if you do happen to attempt one on a CPU.

It's all in the mindset. Play to learn.

.AC.

Smash Lord
actually my lvl9 cpu bowser learned to infinite jump.i have the replay.

Barge

I actually enjoy training with lvl 9 CPU's. People say they create "bad habits" but all you have to do is concentrate on not forming bad habits. You just have to play them with the right mindset. They help show you what combos are inescapable/escapable. They help you learn priority and basic physical spacing (not mental spacing... that is from human experience.) They help you notice holes in your aggressive strategy if you do happen to attempt one on a CPU.

Computers don't DI.
=/

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
^^^

if CPUS can break out of a grab in a instant i think that they have some kind of input...

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439

I agree with this, although I no longer train with CPUs. My problem with them is that they FAIL at recovering intelligently. I can get over the airdodges after everything, but I should not be able to recklessly edgeguard computer MK. At this point, it's very difficult to improve my game with CPUs.

However, they are excellent for mastering and refreshing the basics, which is something all smashers should do every once in a while.

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
id haveta be pretty freaking bored to every play with a cpu...i would generally just go do something else...not video game related

jyuuberu

Smash Journeyman
actually my lvl9 cpu bowser learned to infinite jump.i have the replay.
Upload it. I have to see this.

I always have people to play with and if I want to practice something specific I go to training so I don't know...

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I agree with this, although I no longer train with CPUs. My problem with them is that they FAIL at recovering intelligently. I can get over the airdodges after everything, but I should not be able to recklessly edgeguard computer MK. At this point, it's very difficult to improve my game with CPUs.

However, they are excellent for mastering and refreshing the basics, which is something all smashers should do every once in a while.
yet... they get you into the habit of rolling X_X

well i guess they could be a chance to rid of this habit also if you have a lot of brainpower.

.AC.

Smash Lord
Upload it. I have to see this.

I always have people to play with and if I want to practice something specific I go to training so I don't know...
actually i cant upload it right now but i will put it up later

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I used to play comps, but then I started just hanging on the ledge and watching them jump off and fall to their doom in an attempt to stage spike me.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
I used to play against them all the time, but now all I do with them is to use them as a starting point for new mains.

Top Bottom