• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is the doctor viable?

viable?

• Total voters

Ching Chang Chewie

Smash Rookie
Is Dr. Mario viable in a competitive environmen? I am going to. Tournament tommorow and I'm trying to decide if I should use him. He is like my 3rd main and I love the doctor but it feels like sakurai just really f'd him over. He does good damage and all but literally his sabe is only 2nd (WORST) to little Mac he doesn't have many combos.. and its just really upsetting to see so many characters that jus. Wont see play because stuff like that. Of course there will always be high tiers and all but it just seems like there is no competitive hope for characters like the doctor,wii fit, charizard and many more. But back to the actual question is the doc able to stand up to highly used characters like diddy Kong. Shiek And the rest?

Pyr

Smash Lord
Well, are we talking in a customs or non-customs environment, first of all? I think Doc is absolutely amazing with customs. I think he isn't as good as most the cast without.

Ching Chang Chewie

Smash Rookie
Well, are we talking in a customs or non-customs environment, first of all? I think Doc is absolutely amazing with customs. I think he isn't as good as most the cast without.
Without because I really don't count customs personally because yeah they are in the game but on a competitive level they aren't used much even in like popular tournaments I hear they are intagrating it but like if I were to go to a local one they wouldn't because nobody has time for 100+ people to make their names controls and set up customs to possibly multiple characters if they don't only play a single one

Pyr

Smash Lord
Without because I really don't count customs personally because yeah they are in the game but on a competitive level they aren't used much even in like popular tournaments I hear they are intagrating it but like if I were to go to a local one they wouldn't because nobody has time for 100+ people to make their names controls and set up customs to possibly multiple characters if they don't only play a single one
The custom ruleset thread would mean that all customs are imported and people choose from them. This could be done at locals as well with no unlocks being required. All someone would have to do is have a 3DS with them unlocked and set up for all systems at locals.

That said, without customs, Doc is one of the "not good" tier characters in a very solid manner. He doesn't have a way to deal with the tops most of the time. While Dr. Mario has a PHD in medicine, reg Mario has a masters in kicking your ass, and that matters more in Smash.

Top Bottom