• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there ANY unconfirmed newcomers we can agree on?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
well i'm not a fan of Olimar making it.

I reckon he's best as an assist.

I reckon Pikmin is a dead franchise.... it just failed sadly.

There's no leaks of a third or anything.

And i'm no fan of Skull Kid.

Why do people praise Skull Kid in MM. He's hardly a villain. He is moreso a puppet than anything else. You hardly fight him at the end. From what i've seen he has no fighting skill whatsoever.
Well techinically, Miyamoto leaked a 3rd Pikmin game not too long ago, but will it be on the Wii or the DS? Who knows?

And youre not a fan of Olimar getting in? Why?

And the thing is, even if it is a dead series, Game and Watch and the Ice Climbers say Hi!

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
I rekon the ones in my sig are in: Captain Olimar, Krystal, Sukapon.

Yes, thats right, I said it! I think Sukapon will be in! Any arguements for why not?

I have a feeling also that these characters have chances, albeit quite a bit less: K. Rool, Chibi-Robo, Ray 01, Bowser Jr, Midna.

When you think about it, they had less chance then is thought, except Chibi-Robo, who most people thought did'nt have a chance anyway... but I think he could surprise us. Pikmin and Chibi-Robo were the only two franchises that originated on the GC (AC actually originated as a Japan-only N64 game), so that increases his chances, plus he now has a DS game, so he was obviously popular enough.

I hope to god that EVERYONE I have listed is in, PLUS the highly unlikely Mach Rider and Sheriff.

If they were all in I would infinately happy dance :)

But I still believe that out of my list it may still only be Oli, Kryst and Sukes...

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
well i'm not a fan of Olimar making it.

I reckon he's best as an assist.

I reckon Pikmin is a dead franchise.... it just failed sadly.

There's no leaks of a third or anything.

And i'm no fan of Skull Kid.

Why do people praise Skull Kid in MM. He's hardly a villain. He is moreso a puppet than anything else. You hardly fight him at the end. From what i've seen he has no fighting skill whatsoever.

well then.
i hope all the charactersyou do hope on don't make it.
seriously.
since i support skull kid.
i hate you.
and i do like olimar.
not too much.
who do you support.
black night?
ha.

EDIT: does hardly a villian even matter?
so if your hardly a good guy does that make you not one?
no.
but if your retarted cough cough.
well then your retarted cough cough.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
well then.
seriously.
i hate you.
and i do like olimar.
not too much.
who do you support.
black night?
ha.
I like this guy, hes kind of pompous, but he supports Olimar, and Skull Kid is awesome, although I dont think his chances are good, he'd still be nice to have, plus the recolors in the skull kid thread are so bad@$$ its crazy.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Captain Olimar is a character from the pikmin series.
I wouldn't count on Ness to return since sakurai said he wanted no more clones in brawl. And Lucas is too much of a ness clone.
As for if either captain falcon or ganondorf returns the other one would probably be excluded. OR. They would give Ganondorf a different moveset(wich would be awesome).
EDIT: dang foz was 3 minutes earlier
Ness was also suppose to be cut from Melee but since MOTHER 3 didnt come out till...I dont know like 6 years after the game was announced, Sakurai decided to leave Ness in and leave Lucas out....until now.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
I think there is a chance Jiggly is back. I mean, we need a "You beat 1P mode once" character. Plus with sonic in the game, maybe rollout will be replaced.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
There are no unconfirmed newcomers we can all agree on. Not even Krystal or Mega Man can be agreed on, and this is coming from the person who did you-know-what.

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
Olimar should hopefully be in
He might of just been in two games
But he'd be a perfect playable character and all
He could walk around with .. 5 pikmin? and throw them at people
and use their unique powers
i would love it

oh and jiggly puff will be in for sure
but this is about the newcomers
not the veterans

krystal is goin to be in for sure
and of course we can't forget
the best character of all
BLACK SHADOW

BS could have moves like ganondorf has now
and ganondorf will hopefully have more moves with his sword
but also purple magic like in ocarina of time

BS is a more important character then Pico in F-Zero
and samurai goro is already an AT
SGoroh would have been the other F-Zero rep
and now that he's gone it has to be black shadow
We need more villains in brawl, especially since there's the whole plot
for the SE
Black shadow would be perfect in brawl since he has wings for multiple jumps
and magic
which would bring more diversity into the game

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
NO CLONES!

Black Shadow is a waste of a character slot, because if Sakurai adds him, he's simply giving the series a second rep, which now that its second most popular character is deconfirmed, it no longer deserves one.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Captain Olimar is a character from the pikmin series.
I wouldn't count on Ness to return since sakurai said he wanted no more clones in brawl. And Lucas is too much of a ness clone.
Sakurai never said such a thing.

------------
AC (A desgihn for a Animal Crossing Human has been made and sent to Sakurai why not?)
... what? Do you have a source for that claim? Because this is definitely the first time I've heard of it. Or are you just looking at the Eiji Aonuma interview for "inspiration"?...

I think there is a chance Jiggly is back. I mean, we need a "You beat 1P mode once" character. Plus with sonic in the game, maybe rollout will be replaced.
Okay, I don't see why people use this reasoning for claiming that Jigglypuff will be back. I mean, it's obvious she'll return, even if David Hayter hadn't said anything, but what does the fact that she was the "first" unlockable in SSB and SSBM have anything to do with that? Sakurai can easily make her a regular character and relegate that role to another character. Or he can even keep her as a secret character but still give the position of "easiest" unlockable to someone else.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Ok, for me, there are no shoe ins. Because we dont know what sakurai is doing (or thinking).

But these are my favourites.

NEWCOMERS:

Black Shadow (cmon, he'd be awesome)
Megaman (so many people have been asking, but will it happen?)
Ray 01 (never even played the games, but just looking you can tell he'd have some awesome moves)
Wolf (would be cool, but i don't really mind if he isn't)

RETURNERS:

Ideally they'd all return, but if some had to go...

All except....

Young Link (i dont think he is needed anymore)
Pichu (i actually think he returned, because one of the pikachu outfits has the goggles, so i think thats him evolved.)
And one of the fire emblem guys probably...
Dr Mario (alternate outfit maybe?)

Yeah... just wanted to get that out there...

because i was bored...

kirbyking99

Smash Rookie
Yes, Ridley's size matters when Kirby shouldn't even come up to Samus' knees. Size in Smash Brothers is completely relative and cannot detract at all from a character's odds, especially when they ranked first on Sakurai's poll.
Yeah I hate people that say Ridley would be too big for brawl when he would totally pwn as a playable character, either way ridley is going to be in the game in some shape or form. And what is this poll you speak of? Was it a poll sakurai started himself? Would much aprecciate if someone could tell me more about this :)

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
The only character I'm pretty sure everyone agrees on is Captain Falcon.

I heard about the Animal Crossing thing as well. Apparently the creator of Animal Crossing sort of leaked that the Animal Crosser would be a playable character. I don't even want to bother looking for a source, so I will argue this no further.

Yeah I hate people that say Ridley would be too big for brawl when he would totally pwn as a playable character, either way ridley is going to be in the game in some shape or form. And what is this poll you speak of? Was it a poll sakurai started himself? Would much aprecciate if someone could tell me more about this :)
You'd think this would be common knowledge by now... Sakurai had a poll on the old Japanese Dojo that was open to requests for playable characters. There is a pinned thread about it...

JPW

Smash Ace
Well techinically, Miyamoto leaked a 3rd Pikmin game not too long ago, but will it be on the Wii or the DS? Who knows?

And youre not a fan of Olimar getting in? Why?

And the thing is, even if it is a dead series, Game and Watch and the Ice Climbers say Hi!
Okay I just didn't ilke Pikmin. I played it, and sadly I just got bored of it after just 2 hours of gameplay.

To be honest I really don't like to be bored after 2 hours in a game, by this time i'm hoping for a good storyline or something that sucks me in to keep playing.

I believe moves can be made out of scratch and what he lacks in fighting ability, they could probably still make up a moveset with him. But I just don't see it happening. THere are other characters that should get the spot before Olimar.

well then.
seriously.
i hate you.
and i do like olimar.
not too much.
who do you support.
black night?
ha.
It's a bit too late for none of my favourites making the cut.....
let's see:
From Veterans
There's Mario, Link, Fox, Bowser(back and revamped, just the way I wanted him), Samus, and Kirby.

Newcomers
Ike(one of my favourite FE lords from one of my favourite FE games, and I hope PAL regions still get a chance for FE10.)
Sonic(made me very happy I don't care who else makes the cut, I got Sonic. Time for some good old revenge on Nintendo.... lol. nah jk Sonic was awesome back in the day.)
Pit(Love how the bow turns into swords exciting new character.)
Wario(the fart is going to be awesome.)
King DeDeDe(A fighting Penguin, bring it on.)
Metaknight(Looked so cool in the first trailer, absolutley stole the show with his moves and such.)
Snake(Moveset looks awesome and is going to be different.)
Diddy Kong(Very Unique character, also I believed he was expected.)
Pokemon Trainer(Different and interesting. A fun concept.)
Zero Suit Samus(I think i'm going to like this one better than the old Samus.)
Lucas(Don't know much about earthbound/mother series, but i'll give him a shot, I'm always on the horizon for new and odd characters I've never heard of. How do you think I ever got into Fire Emblem... oh praise Marth.)

Newcomers are done for me. There's only 3 other I could possibly want and they all would own Skull Kid and Olimar.......

Ridley, Krystal and Megaman.

Ridley got claws, and can glide.
Krystal has a staff, and it's something different to the rest.
Megaman(he's classic and he started out on NES, and Megaman 3 still holds a place in my top 25 games of all time. And believe me that's a tough list to make.

liwi

Smash Rookie
I believe that Olimar has a good chance. The Pikmin series is a VERY underrated and unique series. Sakurai said that the Wii would be PERFECT for a 3rd installment of Pikmin, and it's one of his favorite series. Plus, he could be a very unique fighter.

And I believe I heard something about Krystal's VA hinting at her or something. Even if that isn't true, Sakurai said he wanted more females in this game. And who better than Krystal?

Ridley I believe also has a good chance. People say he won't be in because it would be "awkward", but just look at Charizard. They practically have the same body structure, and Charizard is playable, right?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Andy from Advanced Wars. Seriously, Advanced Wars is an awesome series, and I don't see why it's neglected so much. There was that one Advanced Wars AT or something, but I'm not sure if that eliminates the possibility of a playable Advanced Wars character or not. People say that Andy wouldn't have a move set, but what about Fox and Captain Falcon? I didn't know either of them were pyro-kinetic before SSB.

Balloon Fighter I also believe might make it. IIRC, he was supposed to be in Melee (like Diddy and Dedede), but he was outed in favor of the Ice Climbers.

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
Wolf, Krystal, King K. Rool, Ccaptain Olimar, Lucario, Sigurd, Animal Crosser, Claus, Ridley, and Black Shadow FTW!!!!

Top Bottom