• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any work being done on stage hacking?

Massive

Smash Champion
This thread is pretty damn awesome.

One of the very few things I enjoyed about brawl was the Lylat Cruise stage.
I wonder how difficult would it be to modify a stage like battlefield to match this configuration (stationary, of course)?

I might try my hand making it after the melee online beta is out.

Stay classy dudes.

Milun

Smash Ace
Well, sorry about the amount of time that took (family event), but here ya go. A remake of my first ever stage-hack:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gjmvl707fkgl0wu

Hey, just out of curiosity, what did you have to press in Debug-Mode to see my, *ahem* busted blocks?

And Svetsunov, It's kind of subjective. I see you like Pit and Dr. Mario best, so I have no idea whether you'll be pro or anti this idea.

Edit: Hey Steelia, I went in Debug mode with Green Greens, and I didn't see anything wrong... I think I know what the problem is however. Were you using the one on Illusory Labyrinth? Because that one is outdated. The latest one ( http://youtu.be/KmdiQXvpyTo ) has that glitch fixed. Now, I'm not 100% certain about this, but I couldn't find any floating blocks when I ran it. If you could tell me what/if I'm doing something wrong, I'd appreciate it.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hey, just out of curiosity, what did you have to press in Debug-Mode to see my, *ahem* busted blocks?
haha, I was actually playing Melee with some people when one of us bounced off of it... It was really odd, so we checked it out in debug develop mode and saw it floating wayyy above the stage. :p

Though, I could've sworn I downloaded that fixed version, I guess I missed it. 0: The new one's definitely fixed... Don't see any random floating blocks sitting up there in that one.

Also, thanks alot for the renewed MK1 stage :D Still need to test out the pinball one once I fix up the capture card.

Milun

Smash Ace
........OH NO! Nonononono I cannot allow you to waste a DVD actually burning something which isn't finished. I thought you emulatered it or something.

Now, on to make another Green Greens.

Milun

Smash Ace
Ok guys, the Green Greens is ready (and took way longer than it should have). You ready for this?

Tadaaaaaaaaaa:

...............no really. It may SEEM identical to the original, but with some key differences. Number 1: The Bomb blocks will NEVER fall, and in 0% chance that they do, their explosion does 0 damage and doesn't even stun or knock you back. Number 2: The blastlines have slightly altered to the same ones as with the Smashville Green Greens, mainly due to popular demand. Number 3: I didn't alter Whispy, for a good reason. Altering him does stop his wind, for either half the match or none of the match. I haven't figured out why. Also nothing I can do stops the apples. The main reason I didn't want to alter him is because his wind and the blocks seem to be linked somehow. In older versions of the Smash Ville hack, hitting the invisible block on the floor Steelia mentioned would actually switch his wind on. I have no idea why, but it just did. Anyway, enjoy. I'll have a video with footage of it (and some random glitch I found in Green Greens in general) later.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ku1mde6e8bu85mb

EDIT: http://youtu.be/mupLXHPKkLo

Also, I felt like taking a break:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bbtyonumhz6sap3

Milun

Smash Ace
Yeh, unfortunately I am. I used to have a site up that explained it all a bit, but it got taken down, and ever since Uni, I've barely had the time for any of this.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Something like that. But I have no idea where to edit the, surface I guess?, of the stage so that it matches with the modeled parts. ]:

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
This is really interesting work here. Just a shout-out of support and appreciation.

Milun

Smash Ace
Oops, sorry. Email didn't notify me of your post there Steelia.

Hm... Now I will get on that, eventually. But unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I'm working on a little something at the moment so celebrate my 100th sub on Youtube. It will be something Melee hacky, but it'll also (hopefully) be something nobody has done before.

Now don't get excited. The possibility of it being done isn't too high, as even I'm not 100% sure how I'll do it. But we'll see about that, won't we?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Hey Milun, did you ever get around to fixing the "glitch" on the Big Blue "Just the Flyer" stage?

It seems that there are platforms that hover high above the stage (but Falco or Fox could easily reach them) at certain points during the stage. I'm not sure what they are as I have yet to navigate the stage with Debug Mode.

Sorry if this is old news.

obv :080:

Milun

Smash Ace
No, it's not really 'old' news I guess. If I recall, I couldn't figure out how to fix/test if I've fixed the problem very efficiently, so I just left it. If I have time I'll look it over, but don't get your hopes up, it's exam time.

Milun

Smash Ace
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaw come on. The title of the video even sais it. Though I maintain I came up with it way before they did. I just didn't feel like hacking it till after.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Strong Bad didn't you guys borrow that from someone else? Like it was in existence before P:M? Or did you make it for the game?

Milun

Smash Ace
Ok guys, the links to Hyrule Temple have been updated (the camera and blastlines were greatly improved).

And, coming not so soon:

Now, will you guys complain about the left side?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
If the UFO is either removed or better integrated with the stage, probably not.

But haters do what they do best.

obv :012:

More hyped for this than the Temple for some reason lol

Also don't forget about lowering the platform heights of YI64, if you still want to do that anyway. ^^

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It's no problem good sir. You've done so much for me already haha. But yeah, lower the platform heights and lose the clouds. Now I'll play on the book with a "loving" heart anyday. <3

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
How do i change a stage in the CG Tool?

Edit: Nevermind, i figured it out. Its easier than i thought ahahha

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Now, by any chance could you obtain the Black City Fourside texture from Steelia and release an alternate version of your stage using that?

Tero.

Smash Champion
Does Brawl BF already exist? Or at least a BF version with lesser screwed ledges?

Akorax

Smash Rookie
For the fourside stagehack I find the moving platform a bit too low. Maybe raise it 1/4 of the height it stands at for the moment?

Also the blastlines for hyrule temple is waaaaay to far out.. both on the sides and the top but bottom could be lowered some.

Milun

Smash Ace
For the fourside stagehack I find the moving platform a bit too low. Maybe raise it 1/4 of the height it stands at for the moment?

Also the blastlines for hyrule temple is waaaaay to far out.. both on the sides and the top but bottom could be lowered some.
OMG QUIT TROLING CATN COPMALING FREE ENTERTANNINGI'm just kidding. I love genuine criticism. Now, I've looked into Hyrule and, well, I definitely agree the ceiling should be lower. The sides don't seem too bad, but maybe they could stand to be moved in a little... I guess it's just the ghost of Hyrules past that causes the stage to be huge regardless, or maybe I suck. One or the other.

NOW, with Fourside, I should point out another thing. Did you notice how on one side, the platform is lower than when it's on the other? I could rectify that, but it would require it to move in a square, i.e: bottom right, bottom left, top left, top right, bottom right, etc. I don't know how well that would be received though. What do you guys think?

JPal

Smash Rookie
There seems to be an issue with ledges on a few of these stages, Milun. When playing as Captain Falcon, pressing away from the ledge while hanging will make him do an instant walljump instead of the usual drop. This happens on the right ledge of the B+/PM Temple, both ledges of the two platform Yoshi 64 stage, and both ledges of the new Fourside.

This only happens with Falcon. No other walljumpers have the problem.

Akorax

Smash Rookie
The sides don't seem too bad, but maybe they could stand to be moved in a little... I guess it's just the ghost of Hyrules past that causes the stage to be huge regardless, or maybe I suck. One or the other.

NOW, with Fourside, I should point out another thing. Did you notice how on one side, the platform is lower than when it's on the other? I could rectify that, but it would require it to move in a square, i.e: bottom right, bottom left, top left, top right, bottom right, etc. I don't know how well that would be received though. What do you guys think?
I haven't noticed the platform moving to different heights. Sounds very strange. But since it's moving anyway I belive it's a smaller issue compared to it beeing a tad low. (Always a challange to figure out the details though. Take some cred, its not childs play when you're first to look into it.)

Again at the hyrule stage. It's waaay out when you get hit hard to the sides. Fastfallers like fox/falco seems to have like 0% chance to survive even with good DI if they get hit far out. I can understand that it's the stage default blastlines that have stayed in place after the hack but didn't you change them on the 64 yoshi stage? Maybe I haven't looked at it enough...

Anyway - for those questions that always find their way into every thread:
Wii Menu 4.1E PAL
DML 1.5
Wiiflow 3.1 (I think, like latest stable release, not nightly build)
SSBM on Standard SD 32GB (tried with 16GB which also works)
And this work 100% on my PAL wii from 2008.

And good job so far Milun. You have done so much for the SSBM modding interested people.

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
I think the different heights of the platform on fourside is pretty cool.

Top Bottom