• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this new?

billbaggins

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this is new or not so sorry this is old and you all knew this.

I was playing as gannondorf and I found that while running in one direction, you can quickly do a side b in the opposite direction (no dash dancing involved) by rotating the control stick downward and then backward in a half circle and then hitting b.

Normally you have to wait until after the animation where your character changes directions to do anything. I guess this is kinda like dash cancelling but I'm not sure If I've heard of something like this before.

Moooose

Smash Champion
well usually you can cancel a dash by crouching...referred to as "dash cancelling" so if you're rotating the control stick downwards at some point you'll be crouching. i think what you're doing is dash canceling and then side b-ing immediately

i just tested it and it's might not be that...it seems much faster.. but i'm not sure

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Its known to most Ganons, apparently. I see it a lot in matches of Ken against Azen. They run, and once they're out of their dash animation, you can crouch and do anything. The lag is almost none.

Top Bottom