• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this new?

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
So i was playing friendlies with a few friends the other day.
It was Wolf and wario, brinstar. Now, on the part where there are multiple balls that can be destroyed, i somehow managed to put wario in a lock there by using shine over and over, he apparently couldnt escape. I'm not sure if this is a legit lock, so i plan to do some more testing with it, and if it works i'll try it on some other characters too, but if not, i'll be sure to post and let you guys know.

D

Deleted member

This seems really interesting...I've never thought to do that. Maybe it could be effective as a possible infinite against walls?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
@_@ interesting... Frame data says that this shouldn't really be possible, but further testing sounds like a good idea :3 Try double jump and airdodge to escape, the only reason I can think of why this would work is because Wario was airborne so it took him a few more frames to land which gives enough of a frame advantage to shine, and a DJ airdodge is the best way out of that (if that's actually what happened, idk)

:059:

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
Tested it out, it DOES infact work, but only under certain conditions.

- You must have depleted at least half of the balls that are there
-you both must be stood ontop

after about 3 or more shines they should be able to escape.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
This means we can shine > dsmash as well then, correct? Because of frame data, etc... I'm definitely trying this out next time I go home lol, cool find :)

:059:

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
Yeah.
Basically, it bounces them against the tiny wall that is there, and also makes them land in a lying down animation, so you can dsmash them i'd assume.

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
Not yet, unfortunatly, i'll probably do some more stuff with it later today if i can get ahold of my wii.

Choice

Smash Champion
if you fall down you can tech as long as its not a trip.

Top Bottom