• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this the last SSB game?

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
i searched, but couldnt find an anything, so sorry if this has already been answered.

the question is pretty straightforward: will this (Brawl) be the last Super Smash Bros. game or will we just have to wait and see?

Iron Jawbone

Servant of Malroth
It looks to be the last one, but in the end it's a wait and see kind of thing.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
There's no reason to discontinue the series, but there probably won't be a new one for a decade or so.

bigknuxred

Smash Cadet
yeah when the next generation of systems comes out in about another ten years. The cant discontinue a great game likes this It makes them to much money and it also Promotes characters which earns them even more money. SMash bros is a great game and its also a PROMO for other games like a commercial or somthing. YEAH THIS GAME IS GONNA KICK ***! cant wait for MARCH 9TH

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
If you go to the wii website and take a look at the "Iwata asks" dialogues between Iwata and Sakurai, he says at one point that this will probably be the last smash brothers game (check it out for yourself, flame me afterwards). Now will this be true ten years down the road with a new system? Probably not, but it was a sad statement from one of the greatest video game directors ever.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
If they give us downloadable content such as:

Characters
Stages
Music
Adding on to SSE (
Probably not since they didn't give Wolf/Jiggly/Toon Link/Sonic much involvment
)
WAVEDASHING!!!! (Kidding..)

Then yes, this is the last, otherwise they will make another.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
prolly after about 7-8 years theyll make another one just like melle, **** i remember the first day melle came out i played it. now its over. and i dont have 1 GW video out
ive let my fellow GW's down, i bow my GW head in shame and beep off the stage

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Everybody and anybody who thinks that Brawl will be the last Smash game has no grasp on how video game businesses work, whatsoever.

Worst case scenario is that the fourth is a slightly upgraded version of Brawl, best case scenario is that Sakurai gets to direct again.

Zodiac

Smash Master
theres 12 final fantasy games out right now with I dont know how many spin offs and all of them have sold like mad. and now there making thirteen. Smash 4 will be here in 5 years.

OfficeManiac070

Smash Cadet
i seriously doubt they would stop making this series considering the fan base and amount of money smash bros. has made. Just have to wait and see though

Smash Ace
that's exactly. it. there's no proof either way, which is the problem.

=2007=

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is the last game in the series.

Exactly the same way as Melee was the last game in the series.

That is to say: NO.

SHUCKLE MAN

Smash Cadet
Well, he did say he didn't even want to make Brawl, so I don't see him making a fourth SSB game. Ofcourse, I could be wrong.

And yes, I do know that people are in it for the money, so if a series goes well, they add another game to it, but if someone doesn't want to make a game, then he won't make the game. Simple as that.

I can see other people making a SSB4 game though, although Brawl will be hard to beat.

blackninjaforevr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beefsloth
3DS FC
2681-2164-1047
no it will not be the last SSB game, I hate these topics, unless in a few years we all die SSB games will continue to be whored out and made easier for casuals ;)

Top Bottom