• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is This What You Call Entertainment And Fair Play?

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
You're right it's not ridonculous, it's going to help MK get banned, not that I was a firm supporter of it, but it's all going to end up well. Worst case scenario everyone starts to do this and I convert to Brawl+, not that bad cause Brawl+ is the ****.

D1

Banned via Administration
I hate people that complain about how boring people play. If they play boring its because they already realized trying to play in a manner that amazes the crowd usually gets them killed easier so they try to play as safe as possible so they can either win/lose the match with little to no regret.

I dunno how many countless times in Brawl I'd decide something ******** and get punished for it...it if I just decided not to do that and do the safest most unpunishable thing possible (while remaining unpredictable of course) I would've probably prevailed. Then again...even when you know what someone is doing in this game and try to punish you get diddly squat as a reward for punishing.

Which is why I loved games like Melee or even SF4 given the amount of skill the player has he can make an awesome comeback after reading the hell outta his opponent.

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820
i Hate People That Complain About How Boring People Play. If They Play Boring Its Because They Already Realized Trying To Play In A Manner That Amazes The Crowd Usually Gets Them Killed Easier So They Try To Play As Safe As Possible So They Can Either Win/lose The Match With Little To No Regret.

I Dunno How Many Countless Times In Brawl I'd Decide Something ******** And Get Punished For It...it If I Just Decided Not To Do That And Do The Safest Most Unpunishable Thing Possible (while Remaining Unpredictable Of Course) I Would've Probably Prevailed. Then Again...even When You Know What Someone Is Doing In This Game And Try To Punish You Get Diddly Squat As A Reward For Punishing.

Which Is Why I Loved Games Like Melee Or Even Sf4 Given The Amount Of Skill The Player Has He Can Make An Awesome Comeback After Reading The Hell Outta His Opponent.

^--- T_T

(limit breaker)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
True. I tried and failed.

I'm gonna wait for Brawl+ to get consistent because Chocolate Brawl rewards you for playing like a ****.
The sad truth is that Dream mix TV World fighters has a better chance than Chocolate Brawl.

Why am I calling regular Brawl Chocolate? Because it may taste good at first, but you don't know where the chocolate came from, and the more you learn about it, the more you don't want anything to do with it. Gross.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
True. I tried and failed.

I'm gonna wait for Brawl+ to get consistent because Chocolate Brawl rewards you for playing like a ****.
The sad truth is that Dream mix TV World fighters has a better chance than Chocolate Brawl.

Why am I calling regular Brawl Chocolate? Because it may taste good at first, but you don't know where the chocolate came from, and the more you learn about it, the more you don't want anything to do with it. Gross.
Chocolate comes from trees.
Well, coa coa leaves make chocolate.

Vanilla is more appropriate. I like brawl crawl though lol

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
i love how spam got 3rd at a giant national tourney just by playing extremely gay. it sounds like something i would've done.

oh wait..
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!

Proof.

You don't need to travel.

You don't need to train.

you don't even have to like the **** game.

All you gotta do is play smart with good characters that have good match-ups and you will place.

ggpo

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Don't know about you guys, but chocolate and vanilla are too good of names for this.

"Brawl Crawl" is way too fitting; I'll go to some tournament and just yell this term out loud mad randomly.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Don't know about you guys, but chocolate and vanilla are too good of names for this.

"Brawl Crawl" is way too fitting; I'll go to some tournament and just yell this term out loud mad randomly.
Leave the brawl bashing to those melee players.:laugh:

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Neither side should be shoving their game down each other's throats. Just ask if they play the game. If they say no, leave it at that.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
There are some crappy characters in brawl+, honestly. Tiers will always exist. Squirtle vs Fox will become commonplace until it is fixed.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
They do have bad matchups. I'm just disputing The-truth's statement that everyone is a beast in brawl+.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I mean... I know people don't like being comboed but, picking falcon and up airing snake across the stage into a knee is amazing. I don't care what anyone says lol. To me it feels like brawl+ is meeting everyone half way. It's like the flashy combos and offense from melee with the ease of brawl but then everyone is like, zomg comboes i cant DI no fun gg.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Counterpicking is a vital part of a balanced game IMO.

There shouldn't be a completely safe option. It kills diversity and makes the game boring.

Or in Brawl's case even more boring.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
While counterpicking is important, it shouldn't turn a game into rock paper scissors...we already have a game for that...called rock paper scissors...Brawl is like rock paper scissors with some of it's matchups, and brawl+ fixes that for the most part.

Top Bottom