• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is three minutes long enough?

thegreatace

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, just wondering if three minutes is long enough since hey we play by eight minutes,
and yes three minutes would be sweet, but I hope that we can watch the full replay before the match is over...

so that we could record them from our own external recording...

what if it only remember the first three minutes and drops the rest later?

will we be able to cut and manipulate the shots to our advantage?

does sending vids to your friends take up memory in their 3 min. ?

hope this helps.:lick:

still I believe that this feature will be amazing none the less.

~~FTWii~~

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
The way it was explained it made me think that the game would record the match, and then you could save 3 exact minutes. I could be wrong, and probably am, but that is how I interpreted it.

err

Smash Journeyman
well i guess 2-3 stock matches could become the norm then if we're intent on recording/sending entire matches (i know i will be)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Three minute matches would be your best bet if you want to record a decently long match without any interruptions.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
I think the 3 minute limit could be just for showing others online. I couldn't imagine how long it would take to send an entire 10 minute match over WiFi. I hope you can record longer if you're just saving things locally to an SD card.

JPW

Smash Ace
3 minutes is enough for me. Also I reckon it'll be great for Sudden Death or Fast Brawl matches.

But what they need to do is open this up in Online world.

But yeah i'm happy. the fact that you can have fluke moments and take a snapshot and angle the shot would of done it for me.

This... is icing on the cake.

i'm just hoping there's prompt button or something afterwards. This could be best used in Timed matches though.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
3 minute thing isn't too bad after all I like to play alot of "fast-timed" matches that beat the clock, but i am hoping we can at least record more than 3 minutes worth so we can at least evaluate some of our matches

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Because of the 3 minute idea, the basic time match could've been updated to 3 minutes instead of 2.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo sounds like they really want to get some aspects of a community up and running. How long is a tournament match usually? I recall it being six minutes.

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
We got youtube but this will make things way easier think about people like me who dont have any stuff to record any gameplay thats just awesome for us and it will be better for combovideos aswell because the quality will always stay the same ( as far as you did record the combos in this mode )

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
It's still not long enough for the matches I have with my friend and the other opponents on my other forum. Something like 8-10 would do for me.

Wreked

Smash Lord
My guess is that it it records the last three minutes that happened. So if you just had a great combo and you want to send it to somebody just pause and send.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
No, its too short, the play should last, At least, 20 minutes, but may be is acceptable is your first time.
/Sexual Inneduo off

No, really, 5 minuts would be ok, 3 minutes is quite short

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I think its less for recording actual matches, and more for recording target tests, homerun contests, and various other modes in brawl.

Notice the update it was paired with.

DSB

Smash Apprentice
I hope that we can record more if we have a bigger SD card plugged into the Wii...

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
There's an option to upload from an SD card, or whatever it's called.

SD cards have more room and therefore may allow longer recordings.

StellaNova

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it will be long enough, given the characters being floatier and surviving until higher percentages and such. If you made the game's time limit 3 mins then it wouldnt matter, but then where does the meta-game go? No time for mind games, or perhaps new mindgames would have to be invented to KO people faster. eh?

alphameric

Smash Ace
im assuming 3min for sending, not recording.
the only reason i wanted to have replays is so if something sick happens and i dont have my laptop, i can save it then play it back later and record it onto my pc, NOT to send to other people.

Mama

Smash Ace
5 minutes would be better. 3 minutes is simply fart too short. If you can choose to toggle it on and off in the middle of a match then that may help people trying to make combo videos.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping with an SD card in you can save multiple 3 min blocks end on end, and then tape them together later on.

So long as you could export multiple 3 min clips, you would be there.

Top Bottom