• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is using a regular Memory Card with Action Replay a Conflict for the Melee debug or..

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
.....Games in general

I kept thinking that v1.1 of melee was futile to 1.0 because i thought that the 6 player debug melee code for 1.1 was bad since it keeps freezing after the match and i can only play 1 match in final destination or corneria where the 5th player automatically falls through the stage at the start to begin with 1 stock less than everybody else

my friend has 1.2 and theres no luck with that either.........He also realized that his game is a DOL-GALE-0-02 JPN and not USA...........i was starting to think that maybe it was possibly becuase it was JPN.

The reason why i bring this up is because i remember i used to have my "Original" melee bought all the from gc launch which means i had 1.0 and i used the AR codes flawlessly and had fun with 6 player melee but now i cant do that with 1.1 after i lost my original and i can't even have a simple 1on1 match with Master Hand in it because it will freeze too upon decision. I could of sworn that it would go to NO CONTEST when I played back then.

I don't want to be running around looking all over online and the city for a 1.0 melee if the version isn't the problem. The only thing i can think of is that the memory card i'm using for action replay may be a cause.........and to clarify I do have Action Replay for the Gamecube but i lost the "AR memory card" that comes with it awhile ago. Basicly i've been using a normal memory card for AR functions which is working because i don't get stuck and cheat codes have worked like "ALL characters" but i'm wondering if it is still an obstacle against the function of "Master Control Debug for 1.1" and "6 Player Debug Melee for 1.1".

So is it because of the memory card? the version 1.1 suck for 6 man melee or to play as master hand since it doesn't end in "NO Contest? Does a 1.2 disc have to be the USA one?

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
Im answering my own question.........dont use AR with any other memory card other than the dongle

Top Bottom