• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Wolf broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth309

Smash Apprentice
Last night, my brother and I were playing and I just tore through all his mains (with the exception of his Olimar, through I beat that a couple times too) in back to back matches with my Wolf. He got incredibly upset, started throwing temper tantrums because I was apparantly "demoralizing" him, he starts throwing out johns like he always does, then he goes way over the top and starts telling me things like "Wolf is the most OP'd character in the game!" and "All his attacks go through my shield!" and even "It takes no skill to win with Wolf" and so on and so forth. He also tells me he quit playing Wolf (b/c he used to when the game first came out) because people were *****ing at him about how Wolf is so overpowered. I need help from the experts on Wolf. Is he broken? I mainly need answers for the following (and some other comments would also be VERY helpful to help my case):

Can Wolf just rush (bum rush, as he calls it) the opponent and not get punished for it? Is it possible?

Do all of Wolf's attacks just go through the opponent's shield, I mean, BREAK through it? I didn't see it when I played.

Is Wolf really one of those characters that require no skill to play well?

Aside from blaster spam, is Wolf really a cheap character?

Any other helpful comments would also be appreciated.

tekkie

Smash Master
O_O

Can Wolf just rush (bum rush, as he calls it) the opponent and not get punished for it? Is it possible?
no, because you can hit wolf. usually with any ranged attack. snake/mk's ftilt for example. if you run in i guess you could throw out a fsmash but then they can just shield and destroy you for it

Do all of Wolf's attacks just go through the opponent's shield, I mean, BREAK through it? I didn't see it when I played.
nope, but fsmash and ftilt hit twice so you have to hold shield until it's completely done

Is Wolf really one of those characters that require no skill to play well?
depends. against scrubs who can't beat a wolf who just fsmashes across the stage, yeah wolf is pretty easy. against anyone with any semblance of an idea of how to play this game well at all, not so much.

Aside from blaster spam, is Wolf really a cheap character?
no. he's pretty good and there is nothing that is both easy to spam and hard to punish, nor is there anything one-hit-KO about wolf.

wolf is a strange character so a lot of people get beaten just because they don't know how to play against him. once they get matchup experience, i.e. know to shield all of fsmash, how to get around bair walling, etc., wolf becomes much much much much easier to handle. like i can destroy people without matchup experience with fsmash and dsmash alone. playing against good players is extremely difficult.

tl;dr: tell your brother to try MK. (or teach him to ftilt with snake or how to chaingrab with DDD)

inbefore"rofliwaskidding"

Chuee

Smash Hero
No wolf is not broken.
Tell your brother Wolf is broken when the opponent sucks :3

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
I'm not too sure whether this thread is him trolling or not...
but in all seriousness...

Check the tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom