• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Yoshi Better In Melee or Brawl?

bigman40

Smash Master
Yeah, that's what I meant too. With less lag and less knockback it's sure to be a more lethal move in the hands of a good Yoshi player.

Yeah I'd rather not have the squeekish sound effects either, but trust me, true Yoshi players will eventually fall in love with that too.;)
I already have fell for Yoshi's sound effects, especially his taunts. He tap dances! It's the best one ever!:)

Sharky

Smash Master
hehe I like the taunts, the squeaky toy sound effects might take a little longer, but they're wearing on me =P

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Indeed. And while we all have grown attatched to those sounds, our opponents will get annoyed by them, and go frenzy on us, missing everything. Hey, Yoshi might actually become god tier then! :laugh:

Fawriel

Smash Master
The only thing I dislike about Yoshi's new sounds is that I can no longer deliver a spot-on impersonation of his "Yoshi!" exclamation.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
The other bit of aerial news is that yoshi's dair isn't a meteor smash anymore. In fact, it hardly moves the opponent at all. At higher damages, the opponent will be stunned for long enough for a dsmash, like was possible in melee. Bad news is you can't spike people with it anymore. sad yoshi =( It's still good damage though. Happy yoshi! =D
It sure looks like it can spike in this video at 4:15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bompsfWPS4U

Sharky

Smash Master
Hmmm, I haven't been able to get a spike in yet, at any rate. Must be harder to hit right with it. Good find, though. =D

EDIT: looking at it again, I'm not 100% convinced that it is infact a spike. Pit isn't exactly falling with super speed there, and the only reason why he couldn't come back after the second one was because once pit is hit out of his up b he can't use it again. So it could be a spike, but it might not be. Matter of opinion, I suppose.

Joeshi

Smash Rookie
Well as far as im concerned 3rd jump or no 3rd jump,jump out of shield or no jump out of shield, djc or no djc Yoshi is going to be the best character in brawl to me and he should be to any yoshi lover out there.I could give an honest crap about tiers or any of that stuff all i care about is the fact that i get to own with my favorite little green dinosaur who has back problems from Marios lazy *** sitting on him constantly.

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
If yoshi is a dinosaur, then shouldn't meteor smashes do critical damage?

The Last Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Yoshi's fAir CAN SPIKE. It CAN. Its just got a new sweetspot feature. Depending on what frame in the animation your opponent is sweetspotted, he will fly either straight ahead of you or straight down or even at a slight downward angle.

I know this because this is how I've gotten at least half of all my kills while playing Brawl in the last couple weeks.

True, when done improperly and at lower percentages it hardly knocks the opponents far but the damage is good and you can do an nAir afterwards which is just fine.

You can short hop this and sweetspot your opponent so that they fly at an exact horizontal if you time it well enough and its like hitting them with a meteor while they are still on stage. (Think of New Ganondorf's fTilt trajectory).

With Yoshi's floatiness this fAir has improved drastically in part because its much easier to do anything to hit your opponent off the edge and fAir them while they are recovering. Yoshi's jump distance is PERFECT for it and the many means of air control allow for much good recovering.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=145414

PLEASE all of you watch this video for examples. I can't stress enough how much of Yoshi's great potential is shown here.

Top Bottom