• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Your Body Ready for SSB4's Best Newcomer? Reggie Fils-Amie for Super Smash Bros!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
How did I not think of this before. This is an amazing idea. Would totally be my new main.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You guys will definitely be able to play as Reggie.

As a Mii. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Over 2,800 signatures? Dayum.
People really want the Regginator.

Vale

Smash Ace
It wouldn't be fair to make him a character. Think Metaknight in Brawl, but three times as centralizing. I support him as the boss of the hardest difficulty mode, though (although, nobody would ever be able to beat it...).

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well... this is random and the fact that there are that many signatures is even more random.

D

Deleted member

I heard that there is a petition and it already has 14000 signatures for Reggie to be in SSB4... wow.

D

Deleted member

I'm a little afraid now.
.....how many signatures does the petition have now? I didn't have computer access for the past 4 days.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Reggie Fils-Aime

Let's face it. Reggie is a shoe-in for SSB4. Let me list proof why:

1. His body is ready.
  2. He's sexy.
  3. He has an established history with Nintendo.
  4. He's been at every Nintendo conference. Subliminal marketing, people.
  5. He's more iconic of anything that Nintendo's ever done than Mario.
  6. He is Haitian. With the social stigmas that exist today, minorities have to be filled, people.

Discuss.

I'm totally serious by the way.

HE NEVER ORIGINATED IN A VIDEO GAME, USING YOUR LOGIC, PHIL HARRISON SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN PSASBR JUST BECAUSE OF HIS HISTORY WITH SONY, IF ANY NINTY EMPLOYEE WOULD GET IN, IT WOULD BE EITHER BE MIYAMOTO OR SAKURAI. :mad: :mad:

D

Deleted member

HE NEVER ORIGINATED IN A VIDEO GAME, USING YOUR LOGIC, PHIL HARRISON SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN PSASBR JUST BECAUSE OF HIS HISTORY WITH SONY, IF ANY NINTY EMPLOYEE WOULD GET IN, IT WOULD BE EITHER BE MIYAMOTO OR SAKURAI. :mad: :mad:
Umm... I'm pretty sure that this thread is a joke of sorts... LOL

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well...SOMEBODY'S body is not ready :smirk:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
28,000 signatures?!?!

Um... wow....

My body wasn't ready for that.

I'm kind of afraid that this might actually go somewhere....

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The amount of support for Reggie is... baffling to say the least, but I still don't think it will amount to anything. Especially if we get Miis (though honestly I'd rather have Reggie :laugh:).

D

Deleted member

You know... there is such a thing as taking a joke too far, and I think this definitely falls under that category. Christ man... Hahahaha

I blame 4chan.

I think a Reggie AT would be swell, in fact Miyamotto, Sakurai, Iwata and Reggie should all be one AT of some sort. It would be a nice gag. But a character? You guys are insane.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You naysayers have no imagination whatsoever. I seriously want to and have wanted play as Reggie since he was introduced.

The fact that people are getting "scared' of this actually happening, or go as far as to regret signing this is disgusting.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Working for Nintendo makes him eligible. :troll:

Or is your body just not ready? :troll:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
this thread is absolutely pathetic.
wow rude
i dont hurt your feelings because you want an impossible character like vanellope and ralph while we want somebody who legitimately is just fine with being a playable character if sakurai likes the idea

You don't have to like the concept of Reggie in Smash, but you dont have to be so critical about something that people actually would like to happen.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Ralph is more likely than Reggie. Reggie has never been in a game, and as such is ineligible.
Reggie works for Nintendo and is video gaming icon. By definition he can be considered a Nintendo character (figuratively speaking of course, he isn't a figurative being). Not to mention that Reggie has openly stated that he is perfectly fine with having his likeness be among other Nintendo characters in a battlefield. Whereas nobody from Disney has openly stated seeing interest in Ralph in Smash Brothers (Or anything other than a movie sequel that could potentially include Mario in it and him being in Sonic All-Stars Racing with Danica Patrick).

As far as I am concerned, there is no rule against not being a Video Game character originally that was created by Sakurai. It's something we made up so we didn't have anybody suggest Jackie Chan or Goku and consider them realistic. While Reggie isn't a video game character, he's a gaming icon and one of the most recognizable faces in Nintendo (Next to Iwata and Miyamoto).

While Ralph had a movie to do with Video Games that did well.
big whoop
disclaimer i think ralph would be cool but he has no shot in comparison to reggie which is funny because both realistically have a small chance but reggie's chances are literally 50 times that of ralph's tbh

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Ralph more likely then Reggie? My sides are hurting. And I'm a guy that supports Ralph.
Ralph is more likely than Reggie. Reggie has never been in a game, and as such is ineligible.
Yeah...no. Ralph's chances aren't great at all. Especially when you compare him to someone that's part of Nintendo.

Groose

Smash Champion
The signatures have pretty much reached a standstill.

I think it'll take waaaay more than 30 grand to make him playable. For a while, it looked like you might have had a shot.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Ya never know. He could be the unexpected hidden addition similar to R.O.B. and game & Watch. :troll: (Which wouldn't surprise me honestly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom