• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Zamus similar to Samus?

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
I'm a Samus main, and I really want to pick up Zamus as a serious secondary. Is there any similarities between the two characters, gameplay wise?

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Eh, not really. Samus' playstyle is concerned with zoning with her projectiles, while ZSS is concerned with rush down and aggressive play. Both characters play totally differently from each other.

Muffin!

Smash Apprentice
In addition to what has already been said, I believe their up Bs are pretty similar and are used similarly. Multi hit attacks with a strong final hit, quick to come out, good OOS option, not the greatest vertical recovery though.

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
Despite being one in the same in actual character terms Zero Suit Samus and Samus are completely different. Zamus is a rush-down/aggressive with her toolkit packing a lot of aggressive pressure, amazing recovery and really good ariels. She also has a good Zair, OOS option (Boost Kick.) Samus is the camp behind projectiles and zone from distance. Samus honestly isn't good, but it's your choice on which character you want for your style.

Project_B

Smash Cadet
If you want to try to learn ZSS, even though the move sets and play styles are much different, I would recommend picking up a character like ZSS who can throw out hitboxes and cover up the tougher matchups for Samus, while still being technically the character that you like. In truth (not in me trying to insult you) then Samus is widely considered both bottom tier and almost completely unviable in most matchups that are found in competitive settings. However, you still can use whichever character you want, and having a character like ZSS who is high or maybe even top tier, with great movement and combo abilities is a good choice for competition. Never let anybody talk you out of playing the characters you want, but I would recommend having a backup in case you end up really wanting to win a tourney.

Top Bottom