• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ISA Presents: Smash Orientation 2009 - August 29th - Indianapolis, Indiana

SmaDa

Smash Cadet
I'm working on putting together an updated roster for the tournament. I sent Count my list of people, he can add to it and then we will post it.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I still might need a partner :D (Seriously, somebody team with me.)
I think the problem may be that the majority of the midwest is convinced you don't exist. Try changing your name and claiming to be from anywhere but Huntington. I guarantee you'll get a partner.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I still need a partner for doubles. I don't know who's still looking. PM me and I'll take the best or most interesting offer depending on my mood lol.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I too have forgetful moments.

KEeeeeeeeeeeeeel!

Are you going to this?

Rest of Cincinnati, who is going to this and am I driving?! O_o

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You guys really need to do the whole planning thing so we all get an equal amount of people in the cars.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Guarantees:
OS
Y.b.M.
Smash64
Infern
Tyr

Maybes:
Kel
Tako
Sai
Nova

Is this right?

If it is, I call a spot with Tyr assuming none of the maybes go. :p

Kel

Smash Master
I'm still not sure yet. I should know by Thursday.

It all depends on where I'm moving/ how long it takes.

I'd like to go, definitely, so I'm going to try really hard.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Speaking of housing, where IS everyone staying? Or are we just driving back after?

Count

Smash Champion
Ugh, I can try to house people at the frat but I'd probably get a lot of **** for having that many 'randoms' in the house, especially on the night of a party or whatever. I can maybe talk to some other people around campus.

In other news, first day of classes tomorrow =/

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ugh, I can try to house people at the frat but I'd probably get a lot of **** for having that many 'randoms' in the house, especially on the night of a party or whatever. I can maybe talk to some other people around campus.

In other news, first day of classes tomorrow =/
1. Don't risk your social standing with college buddies to house smashers, it isn't worth it. We'll love you no matter what.

2. C'mon, its Cincinnati. Can you imagine Y.b.M. at your frat house? Good times.

If you do end up asking and they aren't keen with the idea, I'm sure if you just charged $2 for housing as a donation to your frat they'd change their tone. Most smashers bring at least $2 for MMs anyway.

Gurantees:
Tako
Tyr
Y.b.M.
Infern
Smash64
OS

Maybes:
Kel
Kassandra (prolly not methinks)
Sai

So right now we need to split into two groups of 3. I'd prefer not to drive (like Tako!) but can if need be. Tyr, do you still have the "I have to be home ridiculously early for no reason, but it's cool because I can shrug off parking tickets" stuff going on?

Speaking of housing, where IS everyone staying? Or are we just driving back after?
hmmm i MIGHT be able to house >_> i would have alot of running around to do, and the owner of my household (mom) doesnt really care how many people i have, just the amount of space, couple weeks ago there were 8 people in the loft of my house? if you really do want housing, post up and lemme know and ill do some behind the scenes work and see what i can do

*housing edit: this is extended to anyone, tho i would prefer if you let me know @ least how many your bringing with you :X not to sound picky

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
To all people riding with me from Cincinnati:

It's likely that I will have to drive back to Cincinnati the night of the tournament. This means leaving the tournament before midnight most likely. Depending on the number of people going from Cincinnati, atleast one person may have to ride back with me unless people can somehow arrange another ride (because the other Cincinnati car would be full if one more person joins.) I'm still living with my parents and they like it better if I'm home as early as possible so I probably won't be staying super long after singles is over. Also, I don't want to be getting home at 7 AM after driving everyone to their houses again like OUGA turned out. In addition, everyone please bring $5 for gas money. My parents own the car that I'm using to drive people to tournaments and are also paying for gas so if I don't get this money from people, they'll stop letting me use the car. Simple as that.

To the tournament organizers:

It'd be super cool if everything ran on time so I can get home at a reasonable hour. Please, please, please don't hesitate to ask for help from one of the many tournament experienced players coming to this.

Top Bottom