• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ISA Presents: Study Hall Brawl 2010. August 14th, Indianapolis, Indiana

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Carzy, $1 Melee MM? I play Sheik, and I'm not that good :p
no but I want to play friendilies with a bunch of sheiks just not dittos I don't chain throw as sheik i'm fancy so i'll go sheik vs a space animal in friendilies.

hey insane car guy do you want to play melee i play jiggly puff and he is way so much better than pichu in fact pichu is not even better that kirby do you believe that
only if I pick the stages(legit by pound4 ruleset) battlefeild, KJ64, and FD.

Kel

Smash Master
@ Kel: ???? Because of the ledge grab rule??? Do you boycott MLG too? :(
Of course not! MLG is pretty much the reason I started playing Smash when I did (thank you MTV doing that special on KilaOR). I just didn't bother to request this weekend off because of the LGL, and the stupid starters. Believe me, having a LGL won't stop MK from being lame =).

The BBR does not advocate a LGL, despite Hylian spouting off that 95% of tournaments use it in America. It's a terrible idea that scrubs are all for because they want to meld the game to their own ideals instead of what the game really is.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
The BBR does not advocate a LGL, despite Hylian spouting off that 95% of tournaments use it in America. It's a terrible idea that scrubs are all for because they want to meld the game to their own ideals instead of what the game really is.
It could also be that some are getting impatient over a verdict on MK (which is something that really needs to be addressed at this point in time); and the LGL is a result of said impatience.

I personally don't care if there is a LGL enabled at a tournament regarding my own attendance, but I do advocate the idea so long as the indecisiveness and hush-hush period on MK continues.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
As legit as Infern beating Blue Rogue thanks to the LGL. Blue had 2 stocks! He should've won... xD

LGL is silly imo.

@_@

Edit: Wish I was going, Crash is too cool!
I like to see you take Blue to the 3rd game and make him grab the ledge more then 35 times to win the set!!!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Of course not! MLG is pretty much the reason I started playing Smash when I did (thank you MTV doing that special on KilaOR). I just didn't bother to request this weekend off because of the LGL, and the stupid starters. Believe me, having a LGL won't stop MK from being lame =).

Uh, I was one of the first people against a lgl in the bbr lol. I don't advocate it at all it's just silly to be harsh to someone for using one when the vast majority of tournaments here use one.

On that note it's absurd to call the majority of the community scrubs because you disagree about something. That mentality is elitest and close-minded. Probably the worst way to convince someone and imo the reason so many debates last so long and go nowhere.

Either way, just have fun :).

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ya'll better be prepared for some doom, cuz you're about to get hit with a ton of it... TODAY!

...Teehee this is fun~

Kel

Smash Master
It could also be that some are getting impatient over a verdict on MK (which is something that really needs to be addressed at this point in time); and the LGL is a result of said impatience.
We aren't allowed to discuss MK. Talk to Hylian.
On that note it's absurd to call the majority of the community scrubs because you disagree about something. That mentality is elitest and close-minded. Probably the worst way to convince someone and imo the reason so many debates last so long and go nowhere.

Either way, just have fun :).
I'm not trying to convince anyone because obviously reasoning and logic has not worked so far. Instead I just don't attend the tournament.
Changing or wanting to change the rules to fulfill one's personal ideals is the definition of a scrub. Falco is a much better character because of arbitrary rules laid out by "95% of the community" (Hylian 2010). If you don't think a majority of the community are scrubs, then why do we only have 100 people in the back room?

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@Radium: I'm goign to a Starcraft 2 "Lan" party today that's been planned for 2 months. (other games will be LAN, while SC2 is internet only... lolz)

@Hilt: No Laptops? Oh wells.

Good luck everyone at this event.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
It's not like I will be able to watch the live stream for long if there was one anyway, but I'd like to watch some matches. Oh well, RECORD AS MANY AS YOU CAN!

SmaDa

Smash Cadet
Renegade and Count are sitting in GFs doubles.

Kryz and DJ Scribz are in LF

Other teams still in: Y.b.M. and Infern, Arty and Hylian, and a host of others deeper into losers, one side of the losers bracket is a bit behind.

QUIVO

Smash Master
KB, I think it's time for TOs to just take matters into their own hands and ban MK.

I mean we might lose a few people because of that, but some people might come back at the same time (looking at NEOH)

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
@Kassandra, you have been brainwashed lol

And you mean by winning a tournament that has people that Ohio regulars lose to?

...wait what?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Aw man tournament was fun.

Tired as **** though so I'm definetly going to sleep now. Shoutouts when results are up o:

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Had fun at the tourney! The ride was "T___T" but other than that awesome tourney, loved playing with you guys.. so freaking tired when I got there D: no sleep! <--excuses.

Seriously though awesome fun, first time competing with other states (new to competitive scene) - shout outs in results

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
One part of me wants to say "I wish I woulda been there so I coulda... (mid tiers)." but then I say **** that because I had more fun doing shenanigans.

Top Bottom