• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

bassem6

Smash Lord
They would credit camelot for golden sun music right? I don't want to get my hopes up and have them shattered. DONT PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THIS SAKURAI.

bassem6

Smash Lord
They would credit camelot for golden sun music right? I don't want to get my hopes up and have them shattered. DONT PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THIS SAKURAI.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
While the credit could theoretically be for music, considering there are only two songs per stage on the 3DS version, it would be very odd for GS music to be present unless there was a GS stage.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The worse case scenario would be him being a trophy though, do they credit trophies too in the credits from what we seen so far??
That's probably possible. However, I'm doubting it. I can't say it's impossible, but I absolutely can not see Golden Sun getting demoted in its representation this time. That wouldn't make sense considering Golden Sun had a new title in between Brawl and SSB4, and Isaac is popular. It just wouldn't make any sense.

Edit: BTW, sorry for all of the repeats in the above post, that's just how it came out in my head. xD

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
What would they credit Camelot for? With two songs per stage it's unlikely any of the Tennis/Golf music would make the cut. That leaves Golden Sun. Isaac could be a regular trophy...

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
What would they credit Camelot for? With two songs per stage it's unlikely any of the Tennis/Golf music would make the cut. That leaves Golden Sun. Isaac could be a regular trophy...
Cing wasn't credited for Kyle Hyle's trophy in Brawl.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That's probably possible. However, I'm doubting it. I can't say it's impossible, but I absolutely can not see Golden Sun getting demoted in its representation this time. That wouldn't make sense considering Golden Sun had a new title in between Brawl and SSB4, and Isaac is popular. It just wouldn't make any sense.

Edit: BTW, sorry for all of the repeats in the above post, that's just how it came out in my head. xD
I agree. That would be the most nonsensical thing Nintendo could come up with it regarding Smash representation.

You really see them putting music in the game for a regular trophy? Also as @ Bassoonist Bassoonist and I said, It would be the stupidest move to take Isaac, one of the most demanded characters from the age of Brawl, the strongest AT and the 2nd most demanded AT and demote him.

Sorry if I sound a bit weird, but I see it as a 0% case of demotion unless Camelot really pissed Nintendo off or clearly told them we don't want to do another game. And both of these cases are not plausible at all. Especially since Mario Golf on 3DS received mostly rave reviews. Or if Nintendo wants to abandon GS in favour of the upcoming Xenoblade series as its JRPG series. Again not possible due to the recent VC releases of the first 2 GS games.

Isaac is in guys, don't lose faith. The turn of events today are a good sign for "golden" days to come!

And sorry for the tons of edits, I just couldn't express myself in one go...

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
This situation is crazy and demoting Isaac would be madness. Right now it feels like anything is possible.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd have to agree that with only 2 pieces of music per stage it's very unlikely Golden Sun would get music on the 3ds version unless there was a Golden Sun stage.

Pcubed007

Smash Rookie
Someone just said in chat: "Isaac confirmed! Beat with all sword and magic characters to unlock"

Pretty sure it was a joke but it made me cringe a little.

Okay, a lot.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Wii Fit Trainer an Duck Hunt Dog don't have home stages on 3DS. If Golden Sun gets a stage, it will be on the Wii U.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Isaac has survived this long and hasn't been seen as a standard trophy or an AT yet. Can't help but be pretty excited.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd have to agree that with only 2 pieces of music per stage it's very unlikely Golden Sun would get music on the 3ds version unless there was a Golden Sun stage.
Just what I was thinking.

Unless they just copy+pasta'd the Wii U credits because regardless they all worked on the games?
still, that's even more unlikely. Even Sakurai considers 3DS and Wii U to be SSB4 and SSB5 respectively.

So, this HAS to be a possitive sign.
Golden Sun music in another franchise's stage just wouldn't make sense now.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Isaac is coming, and I HATE SPOILERS! So good luck Isaac thread I will either be really happy or pretty upset in 3 weeks. Bye guys, it's been fun! (Even though I only posted a couple times...)

ISAAC!!!!!!!!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd laugh a hearty laugh if the four remaining (to fill up the CSS) characters were Mewtwo, Ray MK, Isaac and Jill Dozer.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Wii Fit Trainer an Duck Hunt Dog don't have home stages on 3DS. If Golden Sun gets a stage, it will be on the Wii U.
Yea. Although seeing Golden Sun is an exclusive handheld franchise, it would be more appropriate on 3DS, if there is a stage on the Wii U, I would cry with joy!

An epic and huge Sol Sanctum or Venus Lighthouse with the legendary Golden Sun music would be just amazing!

I just realized that Camelot might be referring to just Waluigi. :(
We have discussed this before. Camelot was not credited for Waluigi in Mario Kart 8. Thus most likely it might be for Golden Sun. And as I said, demoting Isaac would be one the lamest moves Nintendo can make.

Edit: I got :4greninja:'d by @ Bassoonist Bassoonist

Anyway, I am so excited! I can see the "sunrise" guys, hang on!

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The gema streamer has unlocked Ganondorf. Just Bowser Jr. and R.O.B left from the Ninka leak.....

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The gematsu streamer has unlocked Ganondorf. Just Bowser Jr. and R.O.B left from the Ninka leak.....
And they're (apparently a girl, I apologize for my usage of male pronouns earlier, since everybody was using them I assumed so) just messing around right now. -_-

NVM, she's now going back to Classic Mode. =)

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
We have discussed this before. Camelot was not credited for Waluigi in Mario Kart 8. Thus most likely it might be for Golden Sun. And as I said, demoting Isaac would be one the lamest moves Nintendo can make.
Also, to further strenghten this, I asked a good friend of mine to go through the Mario Smash Football Credits to look for any glimpse of Camelot. Waluigi is as first party as they come and as long as Nintendo doesn't bring in a Shining Force character, this is awesome news for Isaac.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Also, to further strenghten this, I asked a good friend of mine to go through the Mario Smash Football Credits to look for any glimpse of Camelot. Waluigi is as first party as they come and as long as Nintendo doesn't bring in a Shining Force character, this is awesome news for Isaac.
And that strengthens our case. Shining Force was primarily on Sega systems and was 3rd party for Nintendo when it came as Resurrection of the Dark Dragon on the GBA.

Isaac is as first party as they come, just primarily developed by a 2nd party company. Plus he is the most demanded, one of the most awesome choices for newcomer, strongest AT, etc. ........

Just unlock playable Isaac someone!

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Lets hope, he doesn´t get an "you have unlocked all characters screen".
After unlocking all leak characters.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
First we need full confirmation that the CSS leak wasn't the final roster.

Does anybody know whether we've gotten that confirmation yet? And not the pre-early game owners speculative confirmation, real confirmation.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
First we need full confirmation that the CSS leak wasn't the final roster.

Does anybody know whether we've gotten that confirmation yet? And not the pre-early game owners speculative confirmation, real confirmation.
Well ROB has to be still unlocked by anyone. Once the person gets that as well as all the other characters, they shouldn't get the you unlocked all characters screen plus there should be a lock on All-Stars Mode. Plus there is always the possibility that more characters will become available after the Wii U version is launched....

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well ROB has to be still unlocked by anyone. Once the person gets that as well as all the other characters, they shouldn't get the you unlocked all characters screen plus there should be a lock on All-Stars Mode. Plus there is always the possibility that more characters will become available after the Wii U version is launched....
I see. I saw that Bowser Jr. had been confirmed by another streamer, so I was thinking that maybe we knew. And if we did, people would be exploding if the All-Star Mode lock went away. So I was wondering what was going on here, and if we existed in a bubble in this topic. lol

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm starting to think the known roster may be the current final roster, but I still think some characters will be added later via DLC. I mean, the setup for All-Star is perfect for DLC content.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
And that strengthens our case. Shining Force was primarily on Sega systems and was 3rd party for Nintendo when it came as Resurrection of the Dark Dragon on the GBA.

Isaac is as first party as they come, just primarily developed by a 2nd party company. Plus he is the most demanded, one of the most awesome choices for newcomer, strongest AT, etc. ........

Just unlock playable Isaac someone!
Not only was Shining Force primarily SEGA, it is a SEGA owned property. Camelot was the studio that worked on those brilliant little games (think Golden Sun crossed with Fire Emblem, for those who never played them, it's the closest idea you'll get), but SEGA owns the IP. Which is why the Shining Force fans are a little upset that SEGA has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with the main IP, and only released a couple vastly different and sub-par spinoffs.

ATLUS being bought by SEGA and the information that they're going to be allowed to work on some of the older, JRPG IPs that SEGA has was one of the happiest moments of the past couple years. Shining Force is one of my top five games (Golden Sun is number two, after Chrono Trigger), and for ATLUS to bring it back would be amazing.

I am so, so glad we made it through the night. I slept well after getting that last minute burst of hope with the "All ATs confirmed" thing. But to have the hope still going stronger? Awesome.

Which stream are we watching to see Isaac on?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm starting to think the known roster may be the current final roster, but I still think some characters will be added later via DLC. I mean, the setup for All-Star is perfect for DLC content.
However, if Isaac is playable and in the last four (a given, if he's in) but those four are DLC then would they cite Camelot now?

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Not only was Shining Force primarily SEGA, it is a SEGA owned property. Camelot was the studio that worked on those brilliant little games (think Golden Sun crossed with Fire Emblem, for those who never played them, it's the closest idea you'll get), but SEGA owns the IP. Which is why the Shining Force fans are a little upset that SEGA has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with the main IP, and only released a couple vastly different and sub-par spinoffs.

ATLUS being bought by SEGA and the information that they're going to be allowed to work on some of the older, JRPG IPs that SEGA has was one of the happiest moments of the past couple years. Shining Force is one of my top five games (Golden Sun is number two, after Chrono Trigger), and for ATLUS to bring it back would be amazing.

I am so, so glad we made it through the night. I slept well after getting that last minute burst of hope with the "All ATs confirmed" thing. But to have the hope still going stronger? Awesome.

Which stream are we watching to see Isaac on?
I loved playing Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon and it was amazing. Golden Sun is still my number one though.

Anyway it is not like that last minute of hope has ended. Isaac has still not been as AT and Camelot was credited and that can't be removed. Now just to get Isaac as playable or if some characters are not there for the Wii U reveal, wait for the Wii U version. If it is the latter, it will be a long wait...

But I still think that we will get playable Isaac, so keep hoping people and your spirits high!

Last edited:
Top Bottom