• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
W00T! The thread is back folks! (Yea I know I am late to the party)

For me, Isaac is pretty much confirmed for DLC now! He is the only character who has not been seen in any capacity so far and he is one of the most demanded characters as well as pretty iconic!

Isaac for Smash 4 DLC!

Wouldn't it be cool if Isaac is strong on ground having Fire and Earth moves and using Djinn, he becomes weak on ground and strong in air having Water and Air moves. Although that would be a bit complicated.

Well anyway, glad to be here again, discussing Isaac's chances (a lot lot lot higher now) and how he might perform.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think it's interesting that Isaac isn't an assist trophy since there were a lot ported over, and Isaac is still popular, so it would make sense to at least keep the assist trophy.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I would like to believe so, yes :)

Just don't know how long down the line. Since even Mewtwo is joining in Spring 2015.
Which, as I've noted before, could be a good boon to Isaac as DLC. They might do Isaac later to promote a GS4 game that won't come out until 2016.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Smash 4 needs more Isaac. Smash in general needs more Golden Sun.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well I wouldn't call Isaac a lock yet. That said I think he's up there as one of the more likely dlc additions.

(Hurrah we made it to 200 pages in the end! :p)

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I think didn't got any trailer, because he was already a returning veteran, however, I would love to see him in a trailer also featuring Isaac.

Like I said before, I can an Isaac/Matthew, like Olimar/Alph. As for Felix, he can be an AT or he can be a clone (stronger, but slower), but that would be to much, so for now, I want Isaac/Matthew playability (besides the Miis I already have for them) and Felix as an AT.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
200 pages of Isaac is impressive, I bet other characters wish they were as popular as the golden boy. :smirk:

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Once the Wii U version is out and all exclusive AT's are shown, and if Isaac is still not there, I'm more than accepting him to be DLC :upsidedown:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't any Wii U exclusive ATs tbh. iirc Sakurai only said something along the lines of "there might be", and I think if there were they'd have been shown off in the stream.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still hope Isaac is in somehow. I still want to chuck rocks at people. But if not, it's not a huge deal.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Omg, the threads are back! On the topic of DLC: At first I was really pissed off, hearing about Mewtwo being ready in freaking spring next year. Six Months for ONE character? But then I remembered two things: First is that they talked about of a lot of things they are still working on and won't be available at launch. Most of their ressources are probably still working on those modes and then will move onto DLC. (As it should be, btw.) Second thing: Remember that Namco hired people for Smash 6. This CLEARLY means that they are working on DLC more now. So I really hope that the character DLC will be more frequent.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Omg, the threads are back! On the topic of DLC: At first I was really pissed off, hearing about Mewtwo being ready in freaking spring next year. Six Months for ONE character? But then I remembered two things: First is that they talked about of a lot of things they are still working on and won't be available at launch. Most of their ressources are probably still working on those modes and then will move onto DLC. (As it should be, btw.) Second thing: Remember that Namco hired people for Smash 6. This CLEARLY means that they are working on DLC more now. So I really hope that the character DLC will be more frequent.
I expect character DLC maybe once every 3-6 months. But yeah the Direct confirmed that a LOT of stuff won't be available on release, but will be slowly added. So even when the game releases, they aren't finished with the game barring DLC.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
This basically confirms that Nintendo was knocking at Sakurai's door to get the game done ASAP to help the Wii U out.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This basically confirms that Nintendo was knocking at Sakurai's door to get the game done ASAP to help the Wii U out.
I think more than anything Sakurai realized that he could plan a lot more, and if they couldn't get it all done in time, DLC and patches are a thing they can do now. They legitimately do not have to cut content anymore, they can just postpone content until later.

One thing some people keep bringing up is how they think Isaac won't be playable because Mewtwo had a trophy, and all GS content was cut. However, I think its precisely because GS is a new franchise that it makes more sense. Rhythm Heaven has trophies in the game, they'd have to alter how the trophies work to make them available later. Plus, for a new franchise, they'd likely want to add more trophies when the franchise releases.

I blatantly see good things for GS in the future, although I am open to the prospect of no new GS content. However, I don't think that will happen at all.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think more than anything Sakurai realized that he could plan a lot more, and if they couldn't get it all done in time, DLC and patches are a thing they can do now. They legitimately do not have to cut content anymore, they can just postpone content until later.

One thing some people keep bringing up is how they think Isaac won't be playable because Mewtwo had a trophy, and all GS content was cut. However, I think its precisely because GS is a new franchise that it makes more sense. Rhythm Heaven has trophies in the game, they'd have to alter how the trophies work to make them available later. Plus, for a new franchise, they'd likely want to add more trophies when the franchise releases.

I blatantly see good things for GS in the future, although I am open to the prospect of no new GS content. However, I don't think that will happen at all.
Yeah I agree adding a franchise and then having one single trophy from said franchise listed under "other" just because of it being added before DLC would be rather odd.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah I agree adding a franchise and then having one single trophy from said franchise listed under "other" just because of it being added before DLC would be rather odd.
It is interesting of note that Ice Climbers HAVE their own franchise listing. So even though they're not in the game by default, they can still be added later without having to change settings on trophies.

As for Ray I think he'll probably just be a Wii U exclusive trophy (along with other Custom Robo trophies), although I wouldn't mind Ray as a DLC option Custom Robo hasn't had a game since before Brawl. GS has had one, though.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It is interesting of note that Ice Climbers HAVE their own franchise listing. So even though they're not in the game by default, they can still be added later without having to change settings on trophies.

As for Ray I think he'll probably just be a Wii U exclusive trophy (along with other Custom Robo trophies), although I wouldn't mind Ray as a DLC option Custom Robo hasn't had a game since before Brawl. GS has had one, though.
Do they really? But on the Ray thing I might be the only one but I think he might have a pretty good shot at DLC.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Do they really? But on the Ray thing I might be the only one but I think he might have a pretty good shot at DLC.
Yeah, in Smash 3DS they have their own icon from what I have seen.

I think Ray has a decent shot, but I don't think he's THAT likely. However, Custom Robo has had trophies since Melee.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
With Ray it could have come down to personal preference. If Sakurai really liked the franchise it may have been enough to sway his decision.

You have to consider Sakurai knows things about games in development that we don't. There could be a Custom Robo game currently being developed. It would be the sixth Custom Robo game, which could be enough for Sakurai to feel comfortable with a Custom Robo rep.

Looking at the team who develops Custom Robo, they haven't gone anywhere. They're still making games. In fact the last game they worked on was released in 2013. So they're likely busy with a new project right now.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
With Ray it could have come down to personal preference. If Sakurai really liked the franchise it may have been enough to sway his decision.

You have to consider Sakurai knows things about games in development that we don't. There could be a Custom Robo game currently being developed. It would be the sixth Custom Robo game, which could be enough for Sakurai to feel comfortable with a Custom Robo rep.

Looking at the team who develops Custom Robo, they haven't gone anywhere. They're still making games. In fact the last game they worked on was released in 2013. So they're likely busy with a new project right now.
Oh yeah, if Custom Robo is getting a new game, I could EASILY see Ray as a DLC candidate. Its just that it has been so long since the last one, its very iffy. GS3 wasn't that long ago, is still quite popular, we have no idea what Camelot is working on, we know they wanted to continue GS, and Nintendo haven't forgotten GS at all. Based on what we know, it'd probably be more likely for an AW character than Custom Robo, but what we don't know is key.

I'm still expecting Custom Robo trophies on Wii U, but I wouldn't mind Custom Robo DLC.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I don't really know how far this DLC thing will go with characters, or if Isaac will be one if it does go beyond just Mewtwo... But I wish you all the best of luck. From what I've seen, Isaac seems to be one of the more likely contenders, and I think he would be a great addition to an already incredible Smash roster. Hopefully it's not too late for this dream to be realized. ;)

I should probably get Golden Sun sometime in the future...

Last edited:

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
I think didn't got any trailer, because he was already a returning veteran, however, I would love to see him in a trailer also featuring Isaac.
Who, Mewtwo? No, he likely didn't get a trailer because he is nowhere near ready to be presented in that fashion. That's likely why we have to wait until Spring.

A still model is much different than having full footage of him in action.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wow. I didn't realize that. Very interesting coincidence that it's been correct on its order there. If Isaac is the next one to be revealed after Mewtwo. I will be shocked! Here is hoping!
The deconfirmed ones are also in order........ that is weird and intriguing, because what would K. Rool be?

But yeah, something is suspiscious about that pic..... ISAAC (may be) CONFIRMED!!!!!!!

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
The deconfirmed ones are also in order........ that is weird and intriguing, because what would K. Rool be?

But yeah, something is suspiscious about that pic..... ISAAC (may be) CONFIRMED!!!!!!!
Looks like Sakurai doesn't like "All-Purple" characters that much. lol

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't any Wii U exclusive ATs tbh. iirc Sakurai only said something along the lines of "there might be", and I think if there were they'd have been shown off in the stream.
That's what the POTD post said: "The 3DS version will have roughly the same types of Assist Trophies and Pokémon. Just roughly..."
But yea, despite Sakurai's post, it does seem like there won't be any exclusive ATs. I just saw Wii U screenshots of Starman, and of Kat and Lyn. Also saw Sable Prince, and Infantry and Tanks in a Smash Wii U video. Those were the last ones I didn't see in the Wii U version. So it looks like there's absolutely no exclusive ATs, at least on the 3DS version.
If there are any extra exclusive ATs in the Wii U version, it might be like 1 or 2. And it really does not seem like Isaac is one of them.
We'll know for sure when the Wii U version comes out, but he's now pretty much confirmed as a future DLC character or at least a very strong contender.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Remember this old image? The line has so far been confirmed in order, and guess who is next.
View attachment 28206
Conspiracy Intensifies.
Return of the image :p What is this, the 5th time already?

I wonder how the creator of the image is reacting when s/he gets to know the prediction rate of it. So now we got Megaman, Little Mac, Pacman, and now Mewtwo (sans the mustache), it is time for the Earth adept! And a great bonus will be a reveal of GS 4!

And 200 pages! Yay!

On Norfair. Because that's clearly where all GS content belongs. :laugh:
Sorry I don't get the Norfair joke....

Top Bottom