• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I believe what was said is there are customizable elements on the 3DS version that can be transferred to the Wii U version. Nothing about exclusive characters or anything.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think we're getting version exclusives anymore.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the roster is going to comprised largely of new series (which would bode well for Isaac), the roster size will go past what Sakurai's previous statements indicated, or there will be version exclusives. I just can't see getting six new series revealed (plus the retro - which makes seven) yet no character from an existing series without there being some sort of contradiction to what we've been told or element to the roster we're unaware of as of yet (past the characters themselves).

D

Deleted member

That's very nice.

Since the stages that have been alluded to on the 3DS version share two things in common (they are from portable games, and most were released after Brawl), Golden Sun's stage would most likely be from Dark Dawn.

*crosses fingers for Endless Wall with Grave Eclipse in background*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's very nice.

Since the stages that have been alluded to on the 3DS version share two things in common (they are from portable games, and most were released after Brawl), Golden Sun's stage would most likely be from Dark Dawn.

*crosses fingers for Endless Wall with Grave Eclipse in background*
To be fair, we've only seen a few 3DS stages, they probably won't all be from recent games. Including GS1 or 2 stages would still represent portable games, but you're right, Sakurai might go with a DD stage. Yours is a cool stage idea, personally I'm hoping for Belinsk, with Crystallux coming out of the Opera House. I guess the Grave Eclipse could still be in the background. If we had to get a DD stage ofc.

My preference would be a lighthouse though, obviously. And if we can transfer stages, it would be amazing to see any GS location in HD. :awesome::love:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Here's what I expect with regard to stages.

Gimmicky characters will only get a stage in one version of the game. I expect Wii Fit Trainer's training room to be on Wii U only. If G&W is back, he will only get a stage on the 3DS. Non-playable franchises like Nintendogs will get a stage on the most appropriate system. Both games will get SSB staples Final Destination and Battlefield.

I fully expect "normal" franchises to get stages in both versions, console-specific where appropriate. Zelda games have appeared on both home consoles and handhelds, so they get a Spirit Tracks (3DS) stage on the 3DS and a Skyward Sword (Wii) stage on the Wii. Franchises such as Golden Sun (handheld-only) and Pikmin (home console only) will get a stage on both versions, and possibly the same stage between both versions.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, we've only seen a few 3DS stages, they probably won't all be from recent games. Including GS1 or 2 stages would still represent portable games, but you're right, Sakurai might go with a DD stage. Yours is a cool stage idea, personally I'm hoping for Belinsk, with Crystallux coming out of the Opera House. I guess the Grave Eclipse could still be in the background. If we had to get a DD stage ofc.

My preference would be a lighthouse though, obviously. And if we can transfer stages, it would be amazing to see any GS location in HD. :awesome::love:
True, but I am following basic logic and what I probably know. I don't wanna be a broken record, but here are the confirmed stages.

*Gerudo Valley (Ocarina of Time 3D, Nintendo 3DS 2011)
*Spirit Train (Spirit Tracks, Nintendo DS 2010)
*Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Nintendo DS late 2008 in Japan)
*Nintendogs Playroom (Nintendogs + Nintencats, Nintendo 3DS 2011)

I'd actually prefer a stage from the first two Golden Sun titles (my idea would be the flying Lemurian ship, but it may invoke either Rainbow Ride or the wandering stages Isle Delfino/Skyloft), which was why I alluded to the Colosso idea before I found out it was Arena Ferox. But... if it has to be Dark Dawn, there are a few good ideas from that game, as well. It could work because it would be a "grounded" stage with the boundry lines being the edges of the arena.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
True, but I am following basic logic and what I probably know. I don't wanna be a broken record, but here are the confirmed stages.

*Gerudo Valley (Ocarina of Time 3D, Nintendo 3DS 2011)
*Spirit Train (Spirit Tracks, Nintendo DS 2010)
*Arena Forza (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Nintendo DS late 2008 in Japan)
*Nintendogs Playroom (Nintendogs + Nintencats, Nintendo 3DS 2011)

I'd actually prefer a stage from the first two Golden Sun titles (my idea would be the flying Lemurian ship, but it may invoke either Rainbow Ride or the wandering stages Isle Delfino/Skyloft), which was why I alluded to the Colosso idea before I found out it was Arena Forza. But... if it has to be Dark Dawn, there are a few good ideas from that game, as well. It could work because it would be a "grounded" stage with the boundry lines being the edges of the arena.
Yeah, I'm just saying we don't have enough information yet to make a truly conclusive statement, just speculation.

And the FE stage is Arena Ferox, from Awakening.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm just saying we don't have enough information yet to make a truly conclusive statement, just speculation.

Indeed.

Thanks. Fixed it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

That's in the game? Where can I find it in the trailers/pictures?

For some reason that makes me wonder about Chrom...hmmm.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
OH that one. Yes, makes enough sense.

I'd bring up what I think of Chrom's chances now, but this is Isaac's thread, so I won't.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Oh no, no more Dojo! I was curious what Isaac's entry said about him. Luckily I had the page cached.

<Isaac>

Isaac is an adept from the Golden Sun series who commands earth-based Psynergy. He carries a sword on his back but you won’t see him use it here.
Isaac has the ability Move, which has the ability to move objects. This time, that ability has been represented as a massive hand that pushes away anything in it’s path.

This is Move! Depending on the situation, its effect can be devastating.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
I recently played Golden Sun and it was a really fun game. I liked how they designed Isaac for the assist trophy in Brawl, I think it's time he got in :)

Is he considered 3rd party though because of Camelot? I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any definite answers.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Is he considered 3rd party though because of Camelot? I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any definite answers.
No, Camelot is a 2nd party developer, meaning they are either in a contract for Nintendo-exclusive/Nintendo-published games, or Nintendo owns part of them outright. Golden Sun is a series owned by both Camelot and Nintendo, equivalent to Pokemon and Game Freak, so he would count as a Nintendo character. Hope that clears things up. ;)

Also glad you like Golden Sun. ^_^

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Sweet! That makes him a lot more likely to get in :)

Since I liked Golden Sun so much I bought the sequel for the GBA. I was a little disappointed with how Golden Sun ended, but I heard the sequel is good too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sweet! That makes him a lot more likely to get in :)

Since I liked Golden Sun so much I bought the sequel for the GBA. I was a little disappointed with how Golden Sun ended, but I heard the sequel is good too.
Well GS1 really is only the first half of the story, so yeah, it's like ending mid-way. GS2 finishes the arc rather well, I'd say, but I won't spoil anything for you. ;)

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Well GS1 really is only the first half of the story, so yeah, it's like ending mid-way. GS2 finishes the arc rather well, I'd say, but I won't spoil anything for you. ;)
Thanks. I can't wait to play it!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Hey, Nintendo!
1) Reveal Isaac for SSB4.
2) Announce Golden Sun 1&2 for Virtual Console
3) $$$

Think about it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hey, Nintendo!
3) $$$

Think about it.
Yeah, that's what Capcom did wif Mega Man after his unveil. As much as I don't like their usual business tactics, this would work well.

D

Deleted member

Thanks. I can't wait to play it!
Trust me, you'll love it even more.

I know this is another inane theory, but Isaac has a good chance because he already has appeared in a Smash Bros. game. Think about it... it took three games for Wario to make it (a palette for Mario and a trophy in Melee), three games for King Dedede (a background character, and then a trophy in Melee), and the Villager was a background character in Brawl. And if a background character can make the jump to being playable, it'll be even bigger news when an Assist Trophy makes it. Though, the list of credible AT units that would be good contenders, in my view, is rather limited (Isaac, Little Mac, Saki, and Lyndis. Sakurai said there wouldn't be any more F-Zero or EarthBound characters, which would eliminate Jeff Andonuts and Samurai Goroh).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Trust me, you'll love it even more.

I know this is another inane theory, but Isaac has a good chance because he already has appeared in a Smash Bros. game. Think about it... it took three games for Wario to make it (a palette for Mario and a trophy in Melee), three games for King Dedede (a background character, and then a trophy in Melee), and the Villager was a background character in Brawl. And if a background character can make the jump to being playable, it'll be even bigger news when an Assist Trophy makes it. Though, the list of credible AT units that would be good contenders, in my view, is rather limited (Isaac, Little Mac, Saki, and Lyndis. Sakurai said there wouldn't be any more F-Zero or EarthBound characters, which would eliminate Jeff Andonuts and Samurai Goroh).
Well, it's an interesting theory... but there have been so many characters that have appeared in some form in Smash before, and Isaac didn't really get any special status, so I wouldn't bank on it helping his chances, though at least Sakurai has acknowledged Isaac as a character before. And he is one of the more likely ATs to become playable, I agree.

It's part of the Universe document rumor which is still of questionable legitimacy I believe. True or not though, I doubt we'll get any more F-Zero or EarthBound characters this time around as well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think the Universe rumour is debunked with the revelation of the game titles. So, I'd rather not believe it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the Universe rumour is debunked with the revelation of the game titles. So, I'd rather not believe it.
It is possible the game name has changed from a proposed title nearly two years ago. We'll probably have to see more of the actual game to know if it was true or not. Even then we won't know for sure, considering that was even before it went into development, a lot could've changed since then.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Am i the only one that would prefer Isaac as he appears in Dark Dawn included and not his younger self? I just think he looks badass when hes older

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's part of the Universe document rumor which is still of questionable legitimacy I believe. True or not though, I doubt we'll get any more F-Zero or EarthBound characters this time around as well.
That's not a source. I can't believe people are actually considering it so, and even going on to say "Sakurai said" in terms of a rumor from a long time ago. The "Universe" rumor was never believable.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's not a source. I can't believe people are actually considering it so, and even going on to say "Sakurai said" in terms of a rumor from a long time ago. The "Universe" rumor was never believable.
It's the source JDogindy was likely talking about, whether it's true or not. And IIRC the document was traced to an official source, but only as a way to gather ideas, not necessarily reflecting the actual game. Ofc I can't find proof of any of this right now, and it's such a long time things have likely changed, so it doesn't really matter at this point. I agree it's best to just forget it.

And the accompanying roster that surfaced a little while afterwards was definitely fake, but they weren't from the same source.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Why isn't this guy in the game yet it's been a billion years what the piss

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Isaac is still pretty awesome in my book. Now I dunno about you guys, but I want to throw giant hands at people.

D

Deleted member

It's the source JDogindy was likely talking about, whether it's true or not. And IIRC the document was traced to an official source, but only as a way to gather ideas, not necessarily reflecting the actual game. Ofc I can't find proof of any of this right now, and it's such a long time things have likely changed, so it doesn't really matter at this point. I agree it's best to just forget it.

And the accompanying roster that surfaced a little while afterwards was definitely fake, but they weren't from the same source.
Well, I'll admit I wasn't entirely sure about it, especially since Sakurai said he wouldn't want the innocence of the Villager be ruined. It really wasn't authentic, but I had assumed something like it. I wouldn't mind using either one of those, especially since Samurai Goroh was established in F-Zero canon as Captain Falcon's chief rival, and I always found two of the guys who had no PSI power in the Mother trilogy (Jeff Andonuts and Duster) to be very fascinating.

I can't find it myself, so let's just forget about it and focus on other matters.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Hey, Nintendo!
3) $$$

Think about it.
Yeah, that is what I am hoping they will do.

Come to think of it, if Golden Sun 4 does get made, I really hope there will be no voice acting. I hope they will stick to the textual sound effects that were in the previous games; I liked those for some reason. I do not know about others, but I for the most part prefer text over voice acting. If nothing else, it leaves more to the imagination.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
Wow, didn't know people were waiting for the character before the existence of life.
HAHAHAHAHA I GET IT. BECAUSE HE SAID BILLION AND YOURE PRETENDING TO TAKE IT LITERALLY.

Fact. Earth began 2013 years ago when jesus rode into america on a velociraptor and planted his flag.

Also, Isaac.

Top Bottom