• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
alright guys, thanx for the clear up. still hoping for isaac, but i'll hope for dlc as well for him.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
Still hoping Isaac makes it in (DLC the more likely introduction for him into this series at this point I believe). Was just doing college work and I caught myself just listening to the Golden Sun soundtracks. Made me want him more than ever to be present now, along with more music themes (Please, the non-adept music theme!).

Keep in mind that, if I'm not mistaken, the Wii U has digital variants of this series on the market. If this is true (I don't own a Wii U, so I can't confirm), then the possibility of him being a hidden newcomer (assuming that Nintendo isn't dumb at marketing), he'll be among a new cast of secret characters for the Wii U version, promoting sales for the series.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wow, over 7000 posts. I never suspected there'd be so much remaining demand and desire for a character like Isaac, who really hasn't had the spotlight to himself in thirteen years. And it's not like he's had anything past pure popularity and dedicated support to keep this thread alive like pretty much all the other major support threads.

I know I keep saying this, but it's quite a testament to the character.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Nintendo could use another brand that isn't Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon for a change.

Star Fox is getting its chance after 8 years, really hoping Golden Sun is somewhere in Nintendo's plans.
I really LOVE GS' battle system. Usually the old style JRPGs is a tired, overused formula. But Golden Sun managed to give it a spin, and make it unique.

Not only that, but I adore how back in the sprites era, they managed to make the battles pseudo-3D. It was an instant grab for me. Heck, it did it before POKEMON!

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
Wow, over 7000 posts. I never suspected there'd be so much remaining demand and desire for a character like Isaac, who really hasn't had the spotlight to himself in thirteen years. And it's not like he's had anything past pure popularity and dedicated support to keep this thread alive like pretty much all the other major support threads.

Indeed.

The few remaining contenders for possible entry are the very few characters that, in one way or another, either defined the series or played a new and impacting role on the game itself and it's audience (Isaac is THE poster child of the Golden Sun series). Golden Sun is an amazing series, the fact that it's available for purchase on the Wii U store is evidence of that truth.

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
EDIT: Project M related, I'm actually just going to copy-paste this on my computer for now. It's about Isaac so if you're curious as to what this said just PM me.

Last edited:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
New guy here! Just wanted to pop by and say hello to all you Golden Sun fans. I've wanted Isaac in Smash for a looong time, and while I've pretty much accepted he won't be on the roster at launch I definitely support him for DLC! I'm sure I don't need to say it but he really would be a perfect fit and it's a mystery to me why he still hasn't made it. Hopefully we'll see him in this game in some form. He definitely deserves recognition among Nintendo's greats!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
EDIT: Project M related, I'm actually just going to copy-paste this on my computer for now. It's about Isaac so if you're curious as to what this said just PM me.
It still would've been of interest to Isaac supporters, you should bring it back.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I imagine people like being in support lists to add their names as "votes" of sorts for character inclusions. The bigger the list, the stronger the support.

But yeah, if it's a hassle to keep, why have it?

Like NEON said, each of us know who we support, being in a list changes little.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I just figured the Support list was used to get a list of people who have good taste in games/characters, so we can play with them and avoid the unwashed masses who don't recognize the awesomeness of Golden Sun.

We're closing in on the end. Time to light the beacon, guys.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

That's cause Isaac's the boss. Literally. (Leader of the warriors of vale) :p

And one does not deny such a character an entry to the playable roster!

Plus the series deserves another chance after the disappointment that Dark Dawn created. I want my favourite JRPG series to come back!

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I saw this on the AMA thread regarding the SSB4 Japanese demo.
1. One thing that caught my attention was an Advance Wars assist trophy. The little 16 bit advance war sprites come out and march at your enemy with the tanks and stuff. It's funny.
The Advance Wars assist trophy is apparently no longer hidden. Hmm.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I saw this on the AMA thread regarding the SSB4 Japanese demo.

The Advance Wars assist trophy is apparently no longer hidden. Hmm.
And Isaac's trophy was not seen. Playable Isaac confirmed? :p

I just so want to see Isaac confirmed as playable now!!!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Staarih

Smash Master
The Advance Wars AT is the Infantry and Tanks one right? Which was one of the unlockable ones in Brawl, like Isaac, yet we still haven't seen him. Whew.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
There's every chance someone could spot an Isaac AT during the next week.

I have a hard enough time getting him to pop up in Brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, either coincidence is playing a cruel trick on us, or this might actually mean good things for Isaac one way or another.

But I don't want to get my hopes up too high... >.<

D

Deleted member

The Advance Wars AT is the Infantry and Tanks one right? Which was one of the unlockable ones in Brawl, like Isaac, yet we still haven't seen him. Whew.
That is correct. Infantry & Tanks were one of three pixelated ATs from Brawl (along wth Lakitu & Spinies and Excitebike), so if he mentions "16-bit sprites", he is referring to Famicon/Advance Wars sprites, so that most likely means Advance Wars isn't getting a playable character, so no Andy. And since they were unlockable in Brawl but available from the start in 4, this might mean that there won't be any unlockable ATs.

Now it's down to Isaac and Ray Mk III. I'm sure that if he sees a miniature mecha flaying around after somebody used an Assist Trophy, we know who got the promotion.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Infantry & Tanks showing up does more to make me nervous than give me hope. Isaac really could be seen as an assist trophy any day now....

If we do get through this without seeing Isaac.....and Barbara, Ray and other brawl assists get spotted I'm going to feel good going into the final week.

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Infantry & Tanks popping up still means that Sami or Andy could become playable down the road. If Isaac pops up, we have a problem...

Pcubed007

Smash Rookie
With the hype Sakurai has given other assist trophies, especially returning popular ones (Waluigi for example) I would actually be surprised if Isaac is an assist trophy. I think he's popular enough where he would have been revealed by now as an AT. If anything it might be a new GS character.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Infantry & Tanks popping up still means that Sami or Andy could become playable down the road. If Isaac pops up, we have a problem...
Yeah, that assist doesn't really affect Advance Wars getting a rep.

We're going to have to hope we don't see Isaac or Golden Sun representation at all or Felix/Matthew appear filling his role.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Can people play Smash Run in the demo as well? I would explode with hype if a Venus Djinni would show up. :-P

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
With the hype Sakurai has given other assist trophies, especially returning popular ones (Waluigi for example) I would actually be surprised if Isaac is an assist trophy. I think he's popular enough where he would have been revealed by now as an AT. If anything it might be a new GS character.
Exactly. Isaac has been one of the most popular trophies who was also demanded by many including us to be upgraded to a full character. Many characters who were asked to become playable like Waluigi, Skull Kid, etc. have already been disconfirmed and revealed as AT. Now this Advance Wars trophy was seen which was unlockable last time. Isaac is still missing (which is actually good if you talk about ATs).

If Isaac was AT, we would have seen him by now. What I think is that Isaac is a secret character or yet to be revealed character. Yet to be revealed in the sense that as I said before, Nintendo might not be including all characters on the 3DS version from the get-go to hype up the Wii U version and then release those characters by spot pass later. Because I don't see how they would hype up the Wii U version without some hidden characters as the main hype is about that, speculation!

I believe that Isaac has been made playable and that another character is being made AT. Either Matthew or Felix will appear with Move this time around while Isaac will be a full fledged character. This will be enough and I doubt that Djinn will be items or trophy, they will probably be integrated in Isaac's moveset itself.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'm going to wait on Ray or Barbara sightings before I am in anyway optimistic for Isaac's chances.

Even then, he could be the perennial hidden assist trophy.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Yeah, that assist doesn't really affect Advance Wars getting a rep.
How can you say that? One of the main things going for advanced wars was the ability for a CO to have a summoner moveset; if his (or her, but let's be honest here) summons are now used as an AT that massively effects his chance...

They could still go the Inky/Blinky/Pinky/Clyde and Riki route where they appear as both ATs and in a move set of course, but to say it has no effect is plain wrong.

Either way, good news that Isaac's still kicking!

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I'm thinking that Isaac's AT won't be seen at all, because he won't be in the game. But when the DLC hype train comes around, it's Isaac time!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Barbara's trophy was shown in the ESRB leak.
It's hard to say from the ESRB leak if she's still an AT or not, although I wouldn't be too surprised if she got demoted.

If we see that all of the other previously hidden ATs are available at the start (Advance Wars, Ray, Barbara), then there's cause to believe something's up with Isaac.

Regarding Advance Wars, the mark against a playable character in that case is seeing the AT available at the start. It'd make more sense if the AT and the character unlocked at the same time, like Snake and Gray Fox or Sonic and Shadow in Brawl. That doesn't rule a playable character out, but it's a bad sign.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It's hard to say from the ESRB leak if she's still an AT or not, although I wouldn't be too surprised if she got demoted.

If we see that all of the other previously hidden ATs are available at the start (Advance Wars, Ray, Barbara), then there's cause to believe something's up with Isaac.

Regarding Advance Wars, the mark against a playable character in that case is seeing the AT available at the start. It'd make more sense if the AT and the character unlocked at the same time, like Snake and Gray Fox or Sonic and Shadow in Brawl. That doesn't rule a playable character out, but it's a bad sign.
Well it is implied that she is not a playable character atleast and the character is shown when the AT or simple trophy is unlocked right?

With this Advance Wars assist trophy, it does not completely rule out an Advance Wars rep but I wonder what they would make the moveset if they added such a character because I was thinking Andy or Sami would be relying on the thing that the AT does that is summoning a tank, bomber, fighter, infantry, etc.

Isaac's constant "Missing" status is starting to show. It has been quite a long time since the game was announced and still no sign of him. He has survived so far and is still to be seen. I still think that now he has been delegated to a secret spot. A secret PLAYABLE character that is :) But I still want an awesome HD video of him showing us his "move(s)"

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So our Venus Adept is still holding his ground.

I'm getting a bit excited here. Cautiously, of course.
If there's still no trace of
by the end of this week... Then it's probably happening!
Trailer-less, maybe even not on release day, but it could happen after all!

Top Bottom