• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So here's another Random Chapter Serf Question(TM) for everyone:

Taking other/your favorite Video Game Characters that aren't Golden Sun, what element Adept do you think they'd be?

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Yeah, I know. That's why I said his specials are variations of Fox's and nothing else.
Except Lucas has more moves with actual similarities to Ness' than Wolf's to Fox's. Even the properties of Wolf's specials are extremely different from Fox's. (Fire Wolf, no fire effect)

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Wolf has special moves with different applications and all his attacks are different compared to Fox's.

Least cloney by far. Could call him his own character.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Looking at this thread's inactivity:

We didn't get as many new posters as I hoped -_- (from the buzz around Smashified I mean)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Taking other/your favorite Video Game Characters that aren't Golden Sun, what element Adept do you think they'd be?
Roy from FE would be a Mars Adept in my eyes. (i mean, he has TEH PHIR3 after all)

Aaaaand that's all i can think off.....

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well Crono IS a light adept :p

The FIRST Light adept before light adepts even came to be in Golden Sun xD

Edit: Although he does also possess lightning which falls into Jupiter territory as well as a series of revives in a similar vein to Isaac's base Slayer series.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The fact that this thread has the activity it does for a character that hasn't been playable since 2002 and hasn't been the main protagonist in his series since before the GameCube even came out is testament enough to the character and the fanbase imo. ;)

It's far better than any character in a similar situation can claim...

alguidrag

Smash Ace

I think Robin would be a Jupiter adept with djinns that make him do other elemental psy-energy since Robin is often relacted to thunder magic(in both premonition and as amiibo in fates his/her have thoron and his/her default magic in start of awakening is thunder magic)

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The fact that this thread has the activity it does for a character that hasn't been playable since 2002 and hasn't been the main protagonist in his series since before the GameCube even came out is testament enough to the character and the fanbase imo. ;)

True that.

Just saying that our activity has winded down quite a bit, since there is nothing much to say anymore except wait.

Although we did have DD in 2010 and a lot of Matthew fans are also pitching in for supporting Isaac.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace

Lloyd, Pikachu and Claus could be Jupiter Adepts and Zero and Flareon could be Mars Adepts. Ike could be a Venus Adept.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Lloyd, Pikachu and Claus could be Jupiter Adepts and Zero and Flareon could be Mars Adepts. Ike could be a Venus Adept.
Well Ike is a short form for Isaac so why not? :p

I have already posted this before but have it again:

Ike vs. Isaac!

In our fanon, could-be-Venus adept vs. our Venus adept!

(I really really want this matchup)

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Or a mii costume
Well we got a mii costume for the flying bird guy from Earthbound, who appears on the 3ds stage. (and he's basically like a stage exclusive assist)

So it's not like they would have needed to keep Isaac from being an assist (or some other in-battle appearance) just so they could add him as a mii costume later on.

Honestly I'm a bit surprised we haven't gotten a Takamaru mii costume yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This thread (and all character threads in general) would have MUCH more activity if we had something to talk about. Like Sm4sh news or something like that.

But instead we have to wait until God knows when to hear more about the Ballot and such.

And i can post the remaining comics only on Saturdays since they are so few left (there are like.......5 comics left).

Last edited by a moderator:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
And I'll admit, I'm running out of random Golden Sun-esque questions to ask as well...

Sadly, these Support Threads aren't like the Social Threads where we can talk about whatever, whenever. We're kind of under restrictions to keep it to Isaac/Golden Sun related.

It's kinda hard to talk about a series that has been dormant for 5 years, and was dormant for 7 before that... At least, discuss stuff that hasn't been hashed and rehashed 10,000 times already...

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
And I'll admit, I'm running out of random Golden Sun-esque questions to ask as well...
If you could add a Utility Psynergy to the game, what would it do, and how would it be used?

Also, need more Golden Sun music. There's three OSTs to go through, and we haven't had even most of them in the thread!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Anyone have any idea on when Super Smash Flash 2 will have its next release? I want to play as Isaac already!

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Anyone have any idea on when Super Smash Flash 2 will have its next release? I want to play as Isaac already!
I know about these 2 cool games where Isaac is playable. Should check em out.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880

I must admit that I really don't know which element would Sonic have. :laugh:
His main thing being speed, the first thing that comes to mind is Jupiter.
The same goes for Toon Link, being the Hero of Winds...
Then (one of) my favorite Pokémon being Totodile :158:, this one is easy: Mercury. :smirk:

New Smashified "hint" or comment:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's funny, last time they received a lot of comments on Isaac's hair, and now they talk about the hair looking good. :surprised:

Last edited:

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
even though I just moved to a new place I revoted again for Isaac :) I really want him to be playable.

El Syd

Banned via Warnings

That's one way of looking at it.

Another way is the simple fact that people have nothing better to do with their time.

Also, you forgot to add me to the list.

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
I must admit that I really don't know which element would Sonic have. :laugh:
His main thing being speed, the first thing that comes to mind is Jupiter.
The same goes for Toon Link, being the Hero of Winds...
I never understood why Camelot decided Jupiter = Air. You'd think Uranius would be a better fit consider he was the Titan that embodied the Sky.

Jupiter = Zeus, if he's known for anything, it's lightning.

Even Venus would be a better fit, but Venus is Earth for some reason... shouldn't it be Gaia instead?

I know they were going for the alchemical planets, not the Greek gods, but they really screwed up the alchemy in GS, as the planets represent metals in alchemy, not elements.

I mean, where are Sol and Luna and Saturn in the equation?

If you wanna tie down the four badic elements to greek symbolism, then why not use the Titans who corresponded to that already?

It should be:
Uranius = Air
Gaia = Earth
Okeanus = Water
Helios = Fire

There, much better!

/rant

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
New Isaac video

Certainly an interesting way to go about incorporating the four elements into Isaac's moveset, and playing with such a character would be fun. But, I have some major issues with it.

First of all, there's not enough Psynergy, let alone Venus Psynergy. Second, it's "shulkifying" Isaac. Finally, it overemphasizes Isaac's sword (a weapon type he need not even wield).

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999

Mario-Mars
Luigi-Jupiter (due to his Green Thunder phase)
Sonic-Jupiter
Ganondork-Venus/Dark (due to undead commands)

Can't think of others at the moment.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I found this in a post for the Barbara the Bat thread. I'm a bit tired to go into details, but it looks like Japan truly does want Issac as a playable character in Smash, along with the other cut ATs. Specifically Barbara, Jill and Drill Dozer, and Ray MK III. Starfy was on that list as well, but he came back as an AT. Also, Snake and the Ice Climbers were on that list as well.

Top Bottom