• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I only wondered because Warluigi could be used to prove a point that Sakurai was not afraid of asking Camelot for Warluigi's rights to be an Assist Trophy if he was owned by Camelot... But.

Though Isaac is owned by Nintendo, does that mean the areas in Golden Sun are too? Do they need to get permission to use stages...?

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
I'm not sure if this idea has been presented before, I don't really have time to read all 94 pages of posts, but I have an idea for a special attack. Most likely a > or v b, what if Isaac swung his sword. Most of the times, it would just be a normal sword swing, but around 1 in every 4 or 5 swings it would become a better attack, like how in Golden Sun you can randomly do more powerful attacks with magic weapons.

knuckles_18

Smash Cadet
i think issac would be really really cool and i can see it happening but more importantly i hope it dose come on sakari!

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I'm not sure if this idea has been presented before, I don't really have time to read all 94 pages of posts, but I have an idea for a special attack. Most likely a > or v b, what if Isaac swung his sword. Most of the times, it would just be a normal sword swing, but around 1 in every 4 or 5 swings it would become a better attack, like how in Golden Sun you can randomly do more powerful attacks with magic weapons.
That doesn't sound very special. Maybe as a Smash attack or something, kinda like Peach's, in that it'll do varying amounts of damage.

If every single B move isn't Psynergy/Djinn related, it will be a waste, because that's the main thing he brings to this game.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Nice work RandomGuy, can you post a link to where you found the comments?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I only wondered because Warluigi could be used to prove a point that Sakurai was not afraid of asking Camelot for Warluigi's rights to be an Assist Trophy if he was owned by Camelot... But.

Though Isaac is owned by Nintendo, does that mean the areas in Golden Sun are too? Do they need to get permission to use stages...?
The whole Golden Sun franchise is owned by Nintendo.

JPW

Smash Ace
I was thinking about an Isaac FS the other day.

And what if he just uses Judgment. 4 earth djinns element.

Also Isaac doesn't have to be sword fighter. The sword can be like his secondary weapon. Isaac could use his alchemy/magic mostly.

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about an Isaac FS the other day.

And what if he just uses Judgment. 4 earth djinns element.

Also Isaac doesn't have to be sword fighter. The sword can be like his secondary weapon. Isaac could use his alchemy/magic mostly.
Did you even read the first post? :ohwell:
And it's psynergy.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Biggest typo I've ever made...

My God, not once, but twice?! How can I misspell the same word twice?

Should Judgment's cannon thing's explosion deal damage to the entire screen? Or only a large portion?

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't sound very special. Maybe as a Smash attack or something, kinda like Peach's, in that it'll do varying amounts of damage.

If every single B move isn't Psynergy/Djinn related, it will be a waste, because that's the main thing he brings to this game.
I'm not sure if you've played Golden Sun, or if I just didn't explain my idea well enough. But in Golden Sun there are certain weapons that are pretty much enchanted, I'm sorry I forget the proper terminology. Most of the times the attack with that weapon are just ordinary run and slash attacks. But every now and then something really cool will happen. It's been a while since I've played Golden Sun or it's sequel, but one special attack I remember well Is called Purgatory, where the character just raised his sword and the enemy was covered in an explosion of orange light. The most powerful sword in the game, which only Isaac and Felix can equip (sounds like a Final Smash to me) makes you jump really high into the air. I mean really, really, REALLY high, and you turn into a golden sun. You come plomitting down onto the enemy. Something like these attacks would be my idea, not just a stronger sword attack.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
The most powerful sword in the game, which only Isaac and Felix can equip (sounds like a Final Smash to me) makes you jump really high into the air. I mean really, really, REALLY high, and you turn into a golden sun. You come plomitting down onto the enemy. Something like these attacks would be my idea, not just a stronger sword attack.
Is there a video for it??

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
Is there a video for it??
Sorry, I don't know. It's been a while since I've played, and I don't know where my cartridge is. Look it up on YouTube. Look up Golden Sun 2 final boss battle. You're bound to see it. It IS the most powerful weapon in the game, the player would be stupid not to have it equipped. You'll also probably see other special attacks.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if you've played Golden Sun, or if I just didn't explain my idea well enough. But in Golden Sun there are certain weapons that are pretty much enchanted, I'm sorry I forget the proper terminology. Most of the times the attack with that weapon are just ordinary run and slash attacks. But every now and then something really cool will happen. It's been a while since I've played Golden Sun or it's sequel, but one special attack I remember well Is called Purgatory, where the character just raised his sword and the enemy was covered in an explosion of orange light. The most powerful sword in the game, which only Isaac and Felix can equip (sounds like a Final Smash to me) makes you jump really high into the air. I mean really, really, REALLY high, and you turn into a golden sun. You come plomitting down onto the enemy. Something like these attacks would be my idea, not just a stronger sword attack.
Oh, you're referring to the weapons that have Releases. That's what they're called. It'll say like "Felix's X sword unleashes a Howl: Dreamtide", right?

All right, now I see what you're talking about. But still, that sounds more like a Smash attack kind of idea, rather than a special move. I want my special moves to work 100% of the time.

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
Oh, you're referring to the weapons that have Releases. That's what they're called. It'll say like "Felix's X sword unleashes a Howl: Dreamtide", right?

All right, now I see what you're talking about. But still, that sounds more like a Smash attack kind of idea, rather than a special move. I want my special moves to work 100% of the time.
Releases. Thank you. I can understand wanting a special attack to work without a doubt, but how cool would be if you're in a tight spot, and suddenly you do this amazing attack that only works a certain % of the time and you take the win?

Another idea is that the attacks could be like Mr. Game & Watch's > b, and you'll always do a release, but it's random and you won't know which one will come out.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I have to agree, I've always saw Judgement as the best Final Smash. It'd look so awesome in 3D as well. (although just Isaac, himself, in 3D would be very awesome!)

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
Another idea is that the attacks could be like Mr. Game & Watch's > b, and you'll always do a release, but it's random and you won't know which one will come out.
I think that would work a whole lot better, and assuming it has each animation(as opposed to just a number like G&W) it would be a great way to plug in even more attacks from Golden Sun.

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
I think that would work a whole lot better, and assuming it has each animation(as opposed to just a number like G&W) it would be a great way to plug in even more attacks from Golden Sun.
It would definitely have the animations, not stupid little numbers. That would be really lame, just having the numbers.

By the way, next time I'll multiquote. Didn't think of that until too late.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Yeah, but Judgment is the move most people see when they think of Golden Sun and Final Smashes, because Dijnn are a big part of the game, Iris is too over powered, so what's Isaac's element? Earth. What's the final summon for earth? Judgment. Both moves will probably cause big explosions, but which one is more iconic of Golden Sun and Isaac?

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but Judgment is the move most people see when they think of Golden Sun and Final Smashes, because Dijnn are a big part of the game, Iris is too over powered, so what's Isaac's element? Earth. What's the final summon for earth? Judgment. Both moves will probably cause big explosions, but which one is more iconic of Golden Sun and Isaac?
The thing with Megiddo is that, well, you literally transform into a golden sun. What's more iconic of a game than it's name?

Dgro

Smash Cadet
The thing with Megiddo is that, well, you literally transform into a golden sun. What's more iconic of a game than it's name?
Are you sure he actually turns into a sun? As I remember it, he jumps up really high, conjures one out of nowhere, and spikes it into oblivion

but it's been a little while <_<

either way, something I haven't seen mentioned much is Isaac's spires. I wish they'd be incorporated somehow.

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure he actually turns into a sun? As I remember it, he jumps up really high, conjures one out of nowhere, and spikes it into oblivion

but it's been a little while <_<

either way, something I haven't seen mentioned much is Isaac's spires. I wish they'd be incorporated somehow.
I think he physically turns into a golden sun or either summons one in front of him that covers his entire body. I don't remember him actually spiking it, but I haven't played in a few years either.

Also, either spires or quakes would make a cool neutral b attack.

D

Deleted member

He causes a meteorite to smash down with him.

Felix can do this too.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
I've looked through this thread some, but I'm just wondering something. Is Isaac just a character you'd LIKE to see in or is he a character you think actually has a chance? I'm actually quite neutral to him, but I'm just curious what you guys think his chances honestly are. There really aren't any wrong opinions since none of us know for sure, I'm just curious what you all are thinking.

D

Deleted member

I've looked through this thread some, but I'm just wondering something. Is Isaac just a character you'd LIKE to see in or is he a character you think actually has a chance? I'm actually quite neutral to him, but I'm just curious what you guys think his chances honestly are. There really aren't any wrong opinions since none of us know for sure, I'm just curious what you all are thinking.
I think a Golden Sun character has huge chances, whoever they are. Felix or Isaac are most likely, but anyone would really do for me. Golden Sun is one of Nintendo's finest RPGs. They'll give the series Assist Trophies at least.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He does have a chance. Not the best chance in the world, but a good chance.

Top Bottom