• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isai isn't the GOAT

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I think it's time to accept that your precious Isai should not be considered the GOAT at smash64. Let's look at the facts:

1. He only plays low-tier characters like Link so he has excuses when he loses
  2. he got completely smashed by gerson when he played in Peru
  3. When the peruvians kicked his ass everyone just made excuses for him like "they only play pikachu" and "isai is more well rounded"
  4. But then Jousuke completely wrecked his **** in a 12 character iron battle
  5. everyone makes more excuses "oh who cares Isai would destroy him 1v1 with pikachu"
  6. he's only won ONE major smash 64 event in the past 5 years
  7. knowing his reputation is on the line, he REFUSES TO JOIN APEX 2015 (the BIGGEST smash 64 tournament ever!) because he's afraid he'll lose.
  8. He's not even the highest rated player according to any smash ladder or ranking system
  9. He's only famous because of his youtube channel, where he only posts matches that he wins and never posts any losses
  10. Because of this people think he never loses for some reason
  11. He always makes excuses and johns when he does lose, like he was tired or wasn't trying or "sandbagging"
  12. Again, he has only won ONE major smash tournament in the last 5 years.

because of these reasons I don't think it's right to call him GOAT just yet. He's top 5 for sure, but he won't be GOAT until he wins at least 2 more APEX rings.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
LOL at this guy. OK i guess i'll respond. Oh and isai isn't worshiped in the 64 boards like he is everywhere else

1.He never makes excuses, everyone else does that for him
2. He didn't get smashed, it was fairly even, although i believe isai won 6 out of the 10 recorded pika dittos
3. isai did well against the peruvians with all of his characters
4. Japanese version. But of course Jousuke is an incredible player we all know that
6. he's only gone to like 4 major events in five years and made either 1st or 2nd.
7. He doesn't care much for his reputation and is very busy with a new job
8. probably because he doesn't participate in any ladder or ranking system
9. He posts every match that he records, he has said this several times
10. people are dumb, there are many losses on his youtube channel
11. i've never once heard him make a john. Everyone else does that for him

isai plays for the love of the game and brings attention and hype to an underused character every year. This is more important than any "rings" lol

MailOnSunday

Smash Rookie
i'm not saying that he is, but it sure seems like you had to find a lot of excuses why he is NOT the goat..

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
your name and picture were enough to make me puke
i made this account in 2006 so excuse the ****ty name i thought it was cool when I was 14 or whatever.

Anyway ISAI is free to prove me wrong by joining APEX this year and winning. Feel free to prove me wrong isai, ball is in your court now

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
"Greensboro, NC"

lmao I only live a few hours away how about you come play me then bro.

meet me in real life and ill kick your ass at smash then you can say I suck bro

1v1 no hyrule no johns

Miketastic5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Miketastic5
Speaking of that 12 character battle, anyone know where you can find it? I've been searching for Isai vs. Jousuke 12 character battle but found squat. If it wasn't recorded, are the final tallies in stocks still known?

Also, Isai may not be the GOAT (unlikely, but more than 1 also have a decent claim for it), you sound like you're trying to make him sound outright bad, which is just false.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Obviously if it was recorded it would be on Isai's youtube channel since he posts everything he records... oh except his embarrassing losses which he happens to "forget" to record. (or "forget" to upload)

and if you're reading I never said Isai sucks, I said he was at least top 5, just not the best.

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
SubdoucheSmashBros, you seem a bit insecure about your abilities to play smash. You mad, bro?

Isai is the best smash 64 player on the planet, there is no denying it. The points you made are ridiculous.

He refuses to join APEX 2015 because he's afraid of losing? LOL! He lives in California while New Jersey is, quite literally, on the other side of the U.S. Maybe he doesn't have the money to make the trip this year, maybe he has work that weekend, maybe his couch caught on fire, either way, that is a huge trek for a weekend tourney. He doesn't post losses on youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4pZOfUNe8w <-- Here's Isai losing FOUR STOCKS to Gerson from Peru, posted on... wait, no, it couldn't be... Isai's youtube channel? Omg, but, like, you said he never does that. So that means, like, whoa, I guess he does post losses. Wait, what? You were... *gulp*... wrong?! Oh my I'm so sorry to hear that.

Oh and then there's also a list of videos where Isai beats Gerson's pika with fox and pika dittos... but that means he did beat some of the Peruvians? Wow, strike number two.

Low tier players like Link? Shall we rewind to APEX 2012 with Isai's Link vs Boom in grand finals? Let's see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxmW1KkMDj8 <-- 2:47 to 2:57 is a pretty insane combo

or 8:53 to 9:07 is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAcDoC2loqQ <-- or Isai's shield break against Kefit, which is also one of the best pikachu players in the country at 5:18 to 5:24.

Everyone does make excuses for Isai, you're right. That is the damn truth. But I don't hear Isai complaining. He smiles and shakes hands if he loses, wins, or is just playing fun matches with guys who want to play him. He's such a relaxed dude that he doesn't care what happens, he just enjoys the ride. You don't even need to know him to see that. Watch his calmness as Dext3r almost beats him at APEX 2014, or when he finally loses to Kikoushi in the grand finals of APEX 2013 while he was using MARIO. And listen to JimmyJoe's commentary, he said Isai played Kikoushi with Pikachu for a match just to mess around at the tournament and he beat him.

Hell, the guy only played Dreamland because that's all that Kikoushi plays in Japan. How much more respect can you have for another player? I mean honestly. Only winning ONE smash tourney in the past 5 years? Yeah, you're right. With JiggyPuff. I mean JIGGLYPUFF for crying out loud.

Lastly, Isai will never see or acknowledge this post because, quite frankly, there are scores of people ready to fry him because of how good he is and what he does. The small-mindedness of your thread really makes me question how intelligent you are when it comes to making compelling arguments with legitimate points of interest and clear cut facts.

The fact that you said "1v1 me I'll kick your a**" is laughable. Your insecurity is so blatantly obvious that I truly feel bad for your current mindset towards smash and probably life in general.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
this is an elaborate attempt for isai to come to apex

its not working

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8

But seriously, I never would have thought I'd see smack talk from someone sounding so insecure.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I don't even care, Isai seems like a chill ass dude. I don't play 64, but watching him play is still amazing. I wish more people played in my area, I'd get into it.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I don't even care, Isai seems like a chill *** dude. I don't play 64, but watching him play is still amazing. I wish more people played in my area, I'd get into it.
I don't know anyone in Mobile that plays 64. If I ever go back down there to see my grandfather, I'll be happy to play you.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I don't know anyone in Mobile that plays 64. If I ever go back down there to see my grandfather, I'll be happy to play you.
That'd be chill. I think a few people in Pensacola play, I'm more active in the community there than the Mobile one.

BananaBolts

That'd be chill. I think a few people in Pensacola play, I'm more active in the community there than the Mobile one.
Yeah, I would suspect as much. I think a few of our players live in the Miami area if you're willing to make the trip.

Edit: On second thought... that's a pretty long trip...
Edit 2: I'm actually closer to you than they are... man I'm off today

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Yeah, I would suspect as much. I think a few of our players live in the Miami area if you're willing to make the trip.

Yeah, thats a pretty long trip to play some 64 with my amateur Yoshi. Hoping there'll be a small scene for 64 here one day.

BananaBolts

If you have a setup, then just bring it and people will play. All you need is the game, the console, a CRT, and controllers. It sounds like a lot but it isn't too difficult to get together. The controllers are probably the biggest issue with most players.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord

most 64 players live in Orlando. It's a long trip but if you're ever in the area hit me up

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I think it's time to accept that your precious Isai should not be considered the GOAT at smash64. Let's look at the facts:

1. He only plays low-tier characters like Link so he has excuses when he loses
  2. he got completely smashed by gerson when he played in Peru
  3. When the peruvians kicked his *** everyone just made excuses for him like "they only play pikachu" and "isai is more well rounded"
  4. But then Jousuke completely wrecked his **** in a 12 character iron battle
  5. everyone makes more excuses "oh who cares Isai would destroy him 1v1 with pikachu"
  6. he's only won ONE major smash 64 event in the past 5 years
  7. knowing his reputation is on the line, he REFUSES TO JOIN APEX 2015 (the BIGGEST smash 64 tournament ever!) because he's afraid he'll lose.
  8. He's not even the highest rated player according to any smash ladder or ranking system
  9. He's only famous because of his youtube channel, where he only posts matches that he wins and never posts any losses
  10. Because of this people think he never loses for some reason
  11. He always makes excuses and johns when he does lose, like he was tired or wasn't trying or "sandbagging"
  12. Again, he has only won ONE major smash tournament in the last 5 years.

because of these reasons I don't think it's right to call him GOAT just yet. He's top 5 for sure, but he won't be GOAT until he wins at least 2 more APEX rings.
baits

Last edited:
Top Bottom