• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isai vs. Peru official HYPE thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlecow

Play to Win
OK so

As you know

in the wake of genesis, Isai is heading down to the lovely country of Peru, where the mighty ALANCITU, beloved of youtube commenters and often considered, rightly or wrongly, the main challenger to Isai's throne, awaits. He himself has been hesitant to make any bold claims of late, but those of us who follow these things remember his combo video "I will kill the king," and he recently stated that Isai's defeat, if it came, would come in Lima rather than in Tacna.

Which brings us to the subject of Tacna. The self-proclaimed "City of Smash 64" claims to have around 25 professional-caliber players, and if they are to be believed, "good players are like fish in the sea." They have, apparently, declared that they will defeat the community's long-time favorite, Isai. There is even talk of a 12-character battle- Isai's 12 against the Tacnian who's best with each character (repeats allowed). Their better-players claim may seem laughable at first, but Isai himself has now lent it at least a small layer of credence by saying that "Tacna looks better than anyone I have played in the USA."

Keep in mind that he's played SuPeRbOoMfAn in the USA. Perhaps he meant American players, but Johnny, ballin4life, s2j, Sensei and tigerbombz, to name a few, have held a controller against the undisputed (until now?) Lord of 64 as well.

This thread is for wild speculation, national pride, meatriding, macho predictions, and all of the other lovely things that should and will go on in anticipation of a massively exciting international test of skill in the game we call our own. Let me throw the first stone by saying that in my opinion, both the Tacnian players and Alancitu are affected by consolitis- that is, they know how to play against their friends, and they look flashy while doing it, but they have inbred playstyles, untempered by tricks, twists, and habits that a wider group of competitive players such as a Kaillera community might bring. Isai will crush them- as would many other North American and probably several European and Japanese players.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Oh, and just from YT comments that I google translated, it would appear that Alvin- one of Tacna's finest- is super duper butthurt about his loss to Gerson, and really really hates campers (which there are bound to be a lot of in hyrule-only tourneys.)

malva00

Smash Master
but Isai himself has now lent it at least a small layer of credence by saying that "Tacna looks better than anyone I have played in the USA."
yeah I meant Americans. Johnny and s2j prob don't really play anymore. and looks can always be deceiving XD

I'm going July 26 and coming back August 9. I thought that would be enough time when I bought my ticket, but once I get in Lima, I'm going to see how much it costs to change my return flight (changing now would require changing both flights [more expensive], so the guy I spoke to advised to wait until my first flight is over). I didn't expect that I would want to visit the city of Arequipa as well.

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah I meant Americans. Johnny and s2j prob don't really play anymore. and looks can always be deceiving XD
They can be. And it's easy to look really good against people who you've been playing with your whole career... but we'll see! Maybe they've got the goods after all.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Get em malva

[COLLAPSE="-"]USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA[/COLLAPSE]

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I might die from shock if isai is worse than them.
this, it's not about bragging rights but just to see this hidden potential actually defeat malva, i would probably be like ”damn, tacna must be a prodigy state for smash 64” and then wish i was born in tacna.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I think a lot of people judge a player's skill based on how well they combo. Which is dumb.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
How did Alancitu gain so much fame? Was it just from his youtube videos?
From what I remember, he uploaded videos, posted them here on Smashboards, we were all impressed, and then he just kept posting on the boards every once in a while. I think everyone just kinda kept up with his videos.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Do these guys not play on Kaillera?

I don't follow smash 64, I'm just curious as to how there could still be undiscovered talent that Isai hasn't already played.

malva00

Smash Master
Do these guys not play on Kaillera?

I don't follow smash 64, I'm just curious as to how there could still be undiscovered talent that Isai hasn't already played.
playing someone online does not = playing them

something tells me you're one of those people who thinks "oh isai has beaten everyone there is, that's why people say he's the best"

Zantetsu

Smash Master
No, they don't play online. I think they have a few times, but they didn't like it. Plus, online isn't anything like playing on console.

Edit: Basically what Isai said, he beat me to it.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
playing someone online does not = playing them

something tells me you're one of those people who thinks "oh isai has beaten everyone there is, that's why he's the best"
I fully understand playing online isn't the same as playing on console/lan. Smash 64 isn't unique in that respect.
I was just curious because it seems like you guys know nothing about these guys except their youtube vids, which struck me as odd.

And if you're not the best because you beat everyone, then what other criteria is there that makes you the best?

Teh Future

Smash Master
some of the best melee players are in Europe, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the players in South America are really good at ssb64. especially if they have 25 different people to play who are all competent.

*waits for videos*

Zantetsu

Smash Master
If they didn't play online, that means they've probably only played those 25 people for their whole SSB64 career. Isai has played people all across America and has even went to Japan. These South American players don't have nearly enough experience to play against someone who's played nearly every playstyle for this game. I'm not going to be surprised if Isai only lost a stock per match. These players are in for a surprise.

Also, Teh Future, I see you're from St. Louis. Have you ever traveled to Springfield before? You should come to MIST. We'll play some 64.

Battlecow

Play to Win
However it turns out, it's gonna be awesome for us. If they exceed or approach Isai's level (a contingency which I consider somewhat less likely than that of Isai's plane being crashed by Roberto Clemente's ghost en route) we have a new standard of awesome awesomeness to live up to and new styles to learn from and grow with. If Isai crushes them completely, then I get to have independence day a second time, pull out the ol' flag, and scream "USA" for about two hours.

In all seriousness though, who here speaks spanish? I really wanna talk loads of **** to those Tacna guys.

Also, Malva, you should definitely stream some fake smash matches vs Alpha. Unless you have some reason not to that I don't know about, it'd be fun to watch.

malva00

Smash Master
Isai must accept the challenge no xD??? Alpha is gonna destroy him
I don't know if I will play Alpha. I don't want to play someone who thinks 2-3 frames is enough for "serious" play XD

(9:13:00 AM) Alpha: 3 frames is gonna be enough for both to play seriously
(9:13:08 AM) Isai Alvarado: lol
(9:13:10 AM) Alpha: XD
(9:13:12 AM) Isai Alvarado: 3 frames is terrible
(9:13:27 AM) Alpha: 3 frames is better than 6

i don't blame him though, fake smashers say "X frames is good enough" because it's all they have, the only world they know.... XD

the wall called delay is separating them from paradise (console)

have a glimpse...

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'll bet cash on Malva, A$

=p

felipe, betting against A$ is not a good idea. Betting against Malva is a worse one.

Malva, he said a dumb thing about frames. Play him anyways, it doesn't matter to you. You know you can beat him in 3 frames or in none.

DMoogle

A$
I'll bet on Isai being the losing player if you can offer me good enough odds, but I doubt we'll be able to come to a reasonable agreement.

One feasible idea we might both be able to agree on: Isai loses one every X matches against player Y. However, the logistics of arranging this might be difficult. It would require him to keep detailed records, which I'm not sure if he's willing to do.

felipe, you seem pretty confident that Isai is an underdog. Obviously I think otherwise. Are you willing to put money on your beliefs?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I dont have a credit car or a way to deposit money on paypal, sorry, i cant bet.

I dont think isai is bad, isai is excelent. But i think Alpha is better, thats all :p

malva00

Smash Master
It would require him to keep detailed records, which I'm not sure if he's willing to do.
Red Mario tried to keep a detailed record when I was in Hokkaido. I noticed him writing down results in a paper, but he stopped after I asked him about it.

I dont think isai is bad, isai is excelent. But i think Alpha is better, thats all :p
Isai and Alpha don't even play the same game XD. Isai plays the superior game; Alpha plays its ******* child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom