• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It seems the Project M team will have a new game to improve!

210stuna

Smash Lord
Yoshi gets left out of the trailer once again.
Replaced by Pit?

Either way, my heart was shattered that moment of realization when the trailer(s) was over and my body was nowhere to be found. I could take this the nonchalant way and say "Hey this is the demo Yoshi, no need to feel concerned" but then it hit me.

I am a Smash Bros. vet.

Pit is not.

Why have they decided to post-pone my debut? Am I not good enough for the Smash scene to tag along my good friend Mario?
Or have I already been thrown away from the series without my consent? I must have never been good enough for my master, he could have even searched high and low for my love, Birdo.

The very thought makes me cringe, and tremble at my knees.

Who else is with me?

Give me Yoshi, or give me death!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
"I would consider the changes that we're making this time around not as fixes, but that we're changing the direction," he said through a translator. "And so the vision for the overall balance of the game in Smash Bros Melee, it was sort of more focused towards more hardcore players. Then when it came around to making Brawl, this was a game that was targeting a Wii audience where there were a lot of beginner players, so it sort of leaned a little bit more in that direction.
"So now, for this time around, we're sort of aiming for something that is in between those as far as the speed of the game. Because I don't really think this time we're in a situation where we're trying to accommodate that many new players."
Sakurai is aiming for both sides of the fence again.

Brawl 2.0 deconfirmed.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Sakurai is aiming for both sides of the fence again.

Brawl 2.0 deconfirmed.
Didn't they say the WiiU was for "hardcore" gamers? I understand what/why Sakurai made Brawl, but this is either a median between Brawl/something play worthy....Or a complete 180 for the wrong reasons.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Seemed like he had a bit of distance to it, like a Mario-width lol.

Another good thing to point out is where he grabs the ledge compared to the magnetic edges from Brawl...

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Looks like an edge cancel to me. He also just came out of a Brawl air dodge so he literally couldn't have had any momentum to waveland in the first place. <_<

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I wish people would use the Project M boards to discuss Project M...

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Lol yeah I know right?

I can't wait to see what character will be the Project M Sonic of Smash Wii U.

And I can't wait to see like every character given a cancellable B move or something because fighting game cancels is totally what Smash is about!

I guess as long it's made more like Melee that is what counts! Not these terrible games like Smash Wii U/3DS that most people haven't played yet but it's going to be bad anyway because it looks like BAwrl!

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I hate to bump threads, but I gotta agree with Mithost's earlier posts about the game still being in development. Especially after I found this video.. I mean look how different that is from the actual game

Top Bottom