• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Item Standard Play' Game Trade 2v2 Tourney HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Due To An Unfortunate Error By Our Venue, We Will Not Be Able To Hold Our Tournament Today. My Staff And I Apologize For This And Any Inconvenience This Caused.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Hanenbow and Norfair are on. While I cannot attend this tournament, I fully support it.

Jumpman__

Smash Cadet
I'll be there but please put something in the rules about wall infinites, I don't want to be knocked out of the tourney this time because of something like that.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Don't worry; I'm pretty sure none of the allowed stages have permanent walls on them, so wall infinites shouldn't be a problem.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Yep. The pitfall of 2v2, unfortunately. I need some test data for the 'ISP' 2v2 list, though, so it is a necessary evil. :chuckle: After this, I know I'm gonna do a few more 1v1's, Brawl and Melee, hopefully. We'll see.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
um, I sorry but could you please tell me what is a venue cost is exactly?
This is new to me.
'Venue Cost' is a separate charge that goes straight onto the cost of (in this case) the TV and space rental for the day. All other cash taken in (assuming venue cost gets covered) goes towards the pot to be awarded to the top 3 places.

Grayfox43

Smash Cadet
Gah, turns out I may be without a partener... but I may still show up, we'll see XP

Edit: What the? For some reason I thought this was starting at 12, oops! I have to work at 6:30... I guess I'll go and just leave if I have to if it's not finished, and I probably have a partener now... hmm

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
As it stands, a logistical error by our venue, Game Trade, has caused us to be unable to hold our tournament today. (They rented out all of the TV's we were scheduled to use) Under normal circumstances, I would have just moved the tournament to my home, which would have been more than large enough, but for the next 2 weeks it will be undergoing renovations, so that's a no go, as well.

I'm really, really sorry about this. I was seriously looking forward to the tournament, and it pains me to have to cancel it day of like this. Again, I apologize profusely.

Top Bottom