• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

its it ok to say that melee is getting boring now?

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
me and my bro have been playing for a long time. we need a challenging player to play against. sure, we have friends that can play but not as good and they are new at smash bros. i tried to make it fun by using weak charathers and stuff. im not getting a wii, i have too many consoles as it is

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
is it ok to say it's boring?

Perfectly acceptable.

You dont have to cave in to what people are saying who say brawl is horrible, and you dont have to jump ship with the people who say brawl is amazing.

__

However, if you say "melee is boring simply because it's old", but you dont go to tourneys or anything, that's your own fault and not a good liability.

Half the games played in tourneys (i mean tourneys period, not just fighting game tourneys), are older than melee.

MvC2, CvS2, Starcraft, CS1.5 (1.6 whatever), SFII, etc etc.

So if you're complaining about melee being 7 years old; nuh uh, that one aint gunna fly.

Grunt

Smash Master
a lot of my friends have started to go back to melee, but one (he's really bad) says he prefers brawl only because melee's old. -___________________________________________-
I try to tell him it's only because he sucks, but he always says "Whatever BYE!"

Zodiac

Smash Master
tournament?! im not THAT good yet. but how much is it? 1.00?
Seriously, it dosnt matter if your that good, you WONT be THAT GOOD until you go to a tournament, dont expect to win the first time but expect to learn, My first tournament I got knocked out in the first round but, man, all the friendlies I had made Sooooooo much better at smash. and that was two days of smashing.

If you dont go get pwned by people better than you, or atleast play people better than you you will NEVER reach a high level, go to tournaments you will NEVER regret it.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Of course it's a personal preference not a collective ****ing emotion held by everyone playing the game.

Get off the board you extended troll!

(sorry if you're not a troll I didn't really read anything)

N355

Smash Apprentice
I like melee better but now I have nobody to smash with since my friend is sticking with brawl.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Dude, play Goldeneye for N64...........................................

You could get creative, try different things to have fun with the game, mess up the rules. But listen to these guys, go to a tourney. If I could, i would

Best101

Smash Ace
Brawl got boring in a month, but i haven't got bored in melee in 2.5 years.
And yeah, go to a tournament.
For me, Brawl got boring in a week, but I haven't got bored of Melee and I had it for 6 years.

@Teeman: You should really consider going to a tournament. It's probably going to be your only greatest experience with the you're going to have

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
I got it worse. My brother never played melee, and he still hates melee because of wavedash. I play brawl with him and we have fun but he says the game needs combos. Then i quickly go to youtube and put some random combo video of melee and he completly ignores it

I have nobody to play melee with and im really good.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Once you experience giving it your all to just keep up with someone better than you you'll find renewed interest in the game. Its true.

Rampage

vx
goldeneye,i remeber borrowing that game from my cousin. it was an OK game but i found "the worlds not enough" to be more fun, the graphics are way better too.

then it is. ill try going to a tourny some day, dont reallyknow when
You've been here for a year, yet you act as though this is your first time on the boards. Please visit the regional zones forum and find other around you.

Get *****. :p

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
brawl is horrible, and u gotta be in turney scene to talk if its boring or not.. if u dont wanna go to tourney but its boring pya another game, nobody is gonna punish u..

ThreeX

Smash Lord
tournament?! im not THAT good yet. but how much is it? 1.00?
. . . shut your mouth, I don't mean to be harsh... but your NOT going to get better by fighting your friends, you GET BETTER by going to tournaments, stop worrying about your skill, just go...

and no, in my opinion.. it isn't ok to say melee is getting boring, because if I could make this possible, you'd be arrested for even just having the words melee, and boring in the same sentence.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Rampage, it's called 'opinions.'

Personally, I think Family Guy, despite its popularity, sucks. Doesn't mean everyone thinks so. Nor does it mean I have to think like everyone. Gah.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
"im not getting a wii" - you

dude you know the wii can play gamecube games and wii games and yes i think melee has gotten very boring (no innovation)

Zodiac

Smash Master
"im not getting a wii" - you

dude you know the wii can play gamecube games and wii games and yes i think melee has gotten very boring (no innovation)
Brawl is a shallow shell of a fighting game, it has no depth, definetly no innovation in the fighting engine, in fact it goes backwards and if it wasnt for the graphics people would beleive you if you told them it came before melee, the reason? its a very dumbed down engine for fighting. The only innovative thing brawl has really done is SSE, and thats not even a factor for competitive players like us.

Not always an option for people who have jobs and families.

I agree tournaments are a lot of fun, but they aren't for everyone.

Then dont go to a tournament. Until we get melee wifi up and running thats the only way.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Brawl has the potential to be an O.K. fighter. It won't reach up to Melee's standards. It's really just a party game.

And Renth, that is your opinion. If he thinks Melee is boring leave him alone.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Same here...Brawl's got old for me now and I went back to melee but my friend is sticking to Brawl

Melee's great to play again but I have no one to play with and my friend's still zapped to brawl cuz "It has more characters" -_-

He sucks with pretty much all the characters he plays with, too...

Maybe a tourney isn't a bad idea...

Top Bottom