• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Its like myth somehow saw into the future when he preached shield DI

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRZeUndPaX4

I'm so upset this works.

but at the same time not really because now our grab might not be AS bad.

discussies our grab range is meh so this could really help.

theres also an easy method in there for shield DI -> Upsmash even though for our character it might not be practical at all whatsoever [ITS GOING TO MAKE FOX OMG GAY THOUGH].

Btw myth when you read this:

don't even a say a word about you know what,

I'm going to kill you if you do ):<

iLink

Smash Champion
Wait so the C-stick input gives you a grab or do you still have to input a grab the normal way?

This seems pretty cool and I'll probably try it, not looking forward to playing D3 again tho if people pick up on this.

culexus・wau

imput =

hit forward a **** load of times

+

C-stick Up

=

Grab + Shield DI

gaaaaaaaaaaay

for upsmash

SDI to buffer Upsmash OOS - Must have tap jump on. Press up on the control stick and forward on the c-stick during shield hitlag.

culexus・wau

2/10

this helps with the fundamental of punishing

and or

not getting ***** for blocking a move

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I.
So.
****ing.
Told.
You.

KPrime should've been paying attention to the luc boards in 09 :>

OKAY! I have a job for you Luc mains.

Practice grabbing MK out of the front hit of his DSmash using Shield SDI (not perfect shield SDI). Then I want you guys to work on grabbing things out of higher knockback moves aka MK's back DSmash, MK's FSmash and so forth.

There is no reason you shouldn't be grabbing Marth out of a shielded Dancing Blade now.

Also, this helps you to not get your shield ***** by Nado so much.

culexus・wau

hurrdurr theres a difference between this and that silly stint you have with Shield DI + Grabbing before it was discovered you could grab with forward + up-c-stick.

it used to be pretty godamn risky if you didn't have the reaction or prediction skills for non-multihit moves.

you'd need to time the grab perfect after the shield DI, if you messed up... hurrdurr grab.

with this the grab is buffered, and thus this is more practical [and you're allowed to mash 1-3 imputs or so before the grab.]

So don't act high and mighty please.

:>

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Its all math!

Look at the shield hitstun generated by a move, okay you then have that many frames to react to it. Be careful to not buffer the roll and then GRAB! (Or in Lucario's case... Jab/DTilt/Force Palm/Grab/Reverse UTilt.) Remember the 10 frame buffering rule and yeahhhhh.

HEY GUYS I JUST REALIZED DTILT KILLS ARE MORE PRACTICAL NOW!

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Its all math!

Look at the shield hitstun generated by a move, okay you then have that many frames to react to it. Be careful to not buffer the roll and then GRAB! (Or in Lucario's case... Jab/DTilt/Force Palm/Grab/Reverse UTilt.) Remember the 10 frame buffering rule and yeahhhhh.

HEY GUYS I JUST REALIZED DTILT KILLS ARE MORE PRACTICAL NOW!
Lucario High Aura for top tier?

Now even safer on block?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This def. could help, but imo strong fundamentals always take priority (something I need to work on :p)
^This. I hate seeing people trying to do fancy stuff when they lack the fundamentals, such as spacing and prediction. Just like in Melee...

Anyways, this might have some uses, but don't start thinking it will drastically change matchups.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
2/10

this helps with the fundamental of punishing

and or

not getting ***** for blocking a move
Fundamentals as in how good are your "playing smarts"/basic skill core.

Also wtf @ OP's hate. Maybe one needs to be more careful in the degree of how they object to another's ideas, right? lol

personally until I see what Lucario can personally do w/ this, I'm admittedly a little skeptical as to how useful this will be. For example, one has to look into shield hitlag of a move before one can say "is this plausible to do, and is it worth the risk v. reward?" I'm sure it might be proven in the future, but until then, Imma stick to developing my game.

btw sorry to rag on another thing, but my gratuitous spell-check is kicking in:

"Its like myth somehow saw into the future when he preeched shield DI"

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Grabbing Snake out of FTilt 1 and 2 not perfect shielded is not enough for one to warrant that this is something to look into?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Well, we gotta say Myth was right, just not for Lucario. This will mainly bolster characters with already extensive grab ranges/punishing usmashes, not the shorter ones.

We're not doing this to Snake's Ftilt. Instead, try thinking something more reasonable like DK's fsmash that's been horribly misspaced or something.

Also, Shield SDI has been around since 64, but nobody cares about that game and in Melee only Ice Climbers and Luigi mains really felt a need to do such things iirc.

It's somewhat annoying to see it finally being put to use and hailed as a new discovery by characters who'll definitely not get any use out of it, though.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
yeah snake's ftilt might be doable once or twice, but that thing is really effective in making you do guesswork if used correctly.

It would be nice to reliably punish medium risk, high reward moves oos more often though.

Top Bottom