• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's out in Europe now, so... Any gameplay differences?

mister_subarashi

Smash Cadet
Like smoother loading times or better online?
Any differences in the characters and their balance?

I already know that different languages are a given, so don't even go there :laugh:

:034:

Smash Hero
No. There are no differences gameplay-wise. Except that I find the load times a bit longer (played both versions). Haven't tested online yet.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody know if we can use our American saves for our Uk games?
I don't think you can. You couldn't even use the Japanese for the American, although both are NTSC. With the NTSC - PAL difference the gap widens more.

:034:

Smash Hero
There are some minor changes, though: the stage names aren't in caps, but are typed normally. There is no language option and the Pokémon names are given in caps (ex: PIKACHU rather than Pikachu).

scotty_s7

Smash Rookie
yeh load times are deffinantly longer, the Loading..... appearing more than it did in the NTSC copy. I think that the trophies that appear at the beggining are a different variety than the NTSC ones.... and maybe some of the trophies in the challenges are different.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Does Jigglypuff have her other names in the French and German versions? Which are Rondoudou and Pumeluff.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I just saw the game in a store nearby. The front cover looks very washed out.:ohwell: I'm still struggling if I should buy it... (I have the US Version already).

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
Does Jigglypuff have her other names in the French and German versions? Which are Rondoudou and Pumeluff.
I didn't unlock Jiggly aka Pummeluff in Germany yet but since they even changed the narrator's voice I'm almost 100% certain they also changed that.

Edit: The gift of tripping hasn't been taken from us. /sarcasm

dooky

Smash Cadet
Just got the PAL version, and as far as I could tell, the load times were actually a lot shorter than the ones I've seen on videos of the US/Japanese version. I'm playing it on a Wii that's only a few weeks old though, so maybe that could account for the difference?

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
nvm. comment was dumb, i read post wrong and i cant delete comments it seems

Kros

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo was suppose to make online have less lag. That was suppose to be a reason for the delay. And the languages.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I tried 'With Anyone' for one match. Wasn't too bad at all.

Gelsamel

Smash Cadet
When playing online with Someone, somewhere while in Oceania 90% of the games you get are a total lagfest. It's possible it's my router (doubtful) but my guess is we're just playing with people outside Oceania and if it goes outside Oceania then we have to route through Singapore for the internet connection, which means huge MS latency.

Gelsamel

Smash Cadet
I don't think I'm good enough at the game to know.

I never played Melee competitively (well, noone could beat me, but my sample size was like 4 [wtb more players] and I wasn't anywhere near as good as the crazy guys on youtube), plus I am using the Nunchuck+Wiimote (it's SO HORRIBLE).

Some of the glitches on Youtube where you would teleport around on custom made maps don't seem to be happening (at least in the few games that I played on my custom made maps).

Banana Boy

Smash Rookie
didn´t you have to throw that "make enemy a trophy" item at taboo to finally defeat him in the us/japanese version ?

I think i just did not O.o

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Lol. There is tripping in the PAL version don't worry we're suffering like you lot as well
Haven't got a clue about any AT's being removed. I doubt they could make any changes because of online Brawling (For example, Glide Tossing with Peach works in the Pal version). Speaking of Online Brawling, I'm not sure about your online but atm from my experience the online is rather poor indeed. The lag can be awful at times. I thought my Wii had crashed at one point but it turned out it was just the lag :embarrass

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just got the PAL version, and as far as I could tell, the load times were actually a lot shorter than the ones I've seen on videos of the US/Japanese version. I'm playing it on a Wii that's only a few weeks old though, so maybe that could account for the difference?
Maybe the vids you're watching are of burnt copies, which are known to have longer loading times. Loading times also shift depending on what you last did, if you last played a game as P1 Zelda vs. P2 Jigglypuff on Final Destination and then load up an identical game, the loading time will be almost non-existent compared to if you were to switch characters and stage.

Also, Sakurai has proven himself to be at least moderately insane. I'm not surprised half of what he claimed would be in the PAL version isn't.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Also, Sakurai has proven himself to be at least moderately insane. I'm not surprised half of what he claimed would be in the PAL version isn't.
What did he claim would be in the PAL version?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I played it tonight, I noticed no differences. All that crap about load times being longer is rubbish.

Oh, and there's no tripping!!
You having not tripped yet =/= There is no tripping... especially if other people have tripped. Also, apparently it was a joke. Don't joke about stuff like that. It breaks less logical people's hearts.
What did he claim would be in the PAL version?
Improved loading times (yeah, right), less online lag (not any visible such from what people can tell), possible improved character balance and bug fixes (none found insofar, but then again, I'm stuck in Vietnam so I can't personally check it out myself).

But this is Sakurai, the man who thinks Tripping is good, making a game easier to play constitutes balance, Snake's hitboxes not being illogical and making Ganondorf lag more than in Melee (but not noticably stronger) were all good ideas.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Also, apparently it was a joke. Don't joke about stuff like that. It breaks less logical people's hearts.
I apologize.

Also, I tried out that glitch with Kirby in Pictochat, it still works. If they never removed that glitch, then I doubt they've made any changes to the characters or gameplay. Plus, I don't think they could make any changes, it would just make it even more broken online.

Crosshash

Smash Rookie
there definately is tripping in the game.

From what I've played online, the lag has been really bad.

i played several games with a bunch of friends who live near me and sometimes the delay almost reached 2 seconds. Hopefully the European servers are having teething problems because I was expecting a lot more from the online brawl experience.

Robiin

Smash Cadet
Okay.. From what I can tell, having played NTSC for about 3-4 months, and now switching to PAL:

•Chain Grab with Dedede and Falco is in!
•Lucas Wavebounce and SUPER-jump with PKFire+jump is still IN!
•Please confirm: Falco Laser Lock is in!
•Glide Toss is still in!
•Stop momentum when holding and letting go of Down on ctrl-stick with moving platforms is still here!
•Marth sh dbl fair is still in!
•Loading in menus are alot slower!
•Still online lag
•Falcos frame skipping lasers is still in, and therefor also SHDL

Top Bottom