• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's The End of August and I Believe in the Big Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Is this just...a blind faith thing? Conversely for me it is the end of August and I think all three are out of luck bar some DLC addition.

Ridley's going to be a stage hazard boss. He won't be DLC because he's already got a role in Stage Hazard boss. Sakurai's not going to budge on him.

Mewtwo is going to be a trophy. Maybe DLC if he's really lucky. The only one I can see happening.

King K. Rool is not only not going to be playable in Smash 4, he's most likely going to be missing from the next DKC game yet again.
*charges Giga Staffo Laser*
If Ridley's a stage hazard boss, why stall?
Mewtwo's more relevant than anyone except Pikchu.
K. Rool is more supported that Waddle Dee. He's the most supported on YouTube.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Is this just...a blind faith thing? Conversely for me it is the end of August and I think all three are out of luck bar some DLC addition.

Ridley's going to be a stage hazard boss. He won't be DLC because he's already got a role in Stage Hazard boss. Sakurai's not going to budge on him.

Mewtwo is going to be a trophy. Maybe DLC if he's really lucky. The only one I can see happening.

King K. Rool is not only not going to be playable in Smash 4, he's most likely going to be missing from the next DKC game yet again.
Sure "guy that has Bandana Dee and Captain Toad in his sig.", sure.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
  1. Why not stall? Maybe he wants to troll. I mean he said Peach's moveset would change yet she's still the same down to the Final Smash.

2. Charizard, who is the most popular Pokemon on the planet, and also got two mega forms trumps him...just. Arguably Lucario as the first canon Mega and face of the new Pokken game is around Mewtwo's level too. Jigglypuff however I completely agree with. Mewtwo is far more important than Puff to his series.

3. Support doesn't always mean ****. Geno was once hugely supported. The question is; does Nintendo support these characters? I don't think Waddle Dee will get in at all either, I just like the guy enough to show support.
Are you guys dumb or just struggle to tell the difference between want and chance?

There's a difference between supporting a character because you like them and their chances. Captain Toad, Bandana Dee, Vaati and Impa are all stupidly unlikely...as unlikely as K. Rool and Ridley.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
  1. Why not stall? Maybe he wants to troll. I mean he said Peach's moveset would change yet she's still the same down to the Final Smash.

2. Charizard, who is the most popular Pokemon on the planet, and also got two mega forms trumps him...just. Arguably Lucario as the first canon Mega and face of the new Pokken game is around Mewtwo's level too. Jigglypuff however I completely agree with. Mewtwo is far more important than Puff to his series.

3. Support doesn't always mean ****. Geno was once hugely supported. The question is; does Nintendo support these characters? I don't think Waddle Dee will get in at all either, I just like the guy enough to show support.

Are you guys dumb or just struggle to tell the difference between want and chance?

There's a difference between supporting a character because you like them and their chances. Captain Toad, Bandana Dee, Vaati and Impa are all stupidly unlikely...as unlikely as K. Rool and Ridley.
Sure man, sure.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Sure man, sure.
Less than a month to see which is right anyway. See you at the finish line, friend.
Put your Lasers, Pickaxes and doom fires away and
CALM THE HALE DOWN.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I want Jumpman, he doesn't have much of a chance.
I wanted Shulk and he got in.
I support Ridley, he's arguably in (in some form)
I support Mewtwo, and his importance is far beyond Greninja and Puffball
I want Stork, look at his chance.

I know the difference.
Put your Lasers, Pickaxes and doom fires away and
CALM THE HALE DOWN.
Fine.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

There's no need to heat up, guys.

But I must say, comparing Ridley and K. Rool's chances with Captain Toad and Bandana Dee's is just... nonsense.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I believe in the Ice Climbers more than I believe in those 3 to be honest.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
My big three would be Isaac, K Rool and Ridley. They each have a huge presence with their franchises that are clearly not being represented within the smash series. Shulk was a blessing towards Xenoblade, although I wouldn't have included him before these 3 either. Golden Sun deserves a more proper addition than just an AT, as well as many other franchises but that's when you start getting for retro.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Why not stall? Maybe he wants to troll. I mean he said Peach's moveset would change yet she's still the same down to the Final Smash.
Right, let's see.

First of all, Sakurai has been fairly consistent in explicitly deconfirming characters. Waluigi? PotD text said he is an assist trophy. Ashley? PotD text said she is an assist trophy. Ghirahim, Isabelle, Dark Samus, Midna, the list goes on and on. Recall Chrom? Some people were still convinced he was playable, despite being clearly shown in a final smash and having no banner on the website. What happened? An official statement that he is not, in fact, playable. Remember Prince Sablé? He was one the few not to be explicitly deconfirmed in th PotD, and people were getting their hopes up. What happened? A tweet confirming that yes, Sablé is an AT, not a PC.
Sakurai probably does this because he doesn't want to create fake hype. He doesn't like it when tweets and the like (this includes PotDs) cause people to get hyped up when there really is no reason to do so because whatever they might be thinking is true isn't true in reality.
See what I am getting at?

Secondly, Ridley is part of the Big Three. He is one of the most requested characters in the west, having a very strong fanbase. Not only that, he also is flat out the most controversial character yet, bar none. It is known that the Sm4sh team is more involved with fans now, and also aware of what the fans want. They are also very well aware of Ridley's situation. Bill Trinen cracked a joke about Ridley after being asked about him, and one of the Smashboard moderators even met an employee who, after said mod said something about Ridley being too big, responded with "Samus is too big". They know what we want. No, it isn't proof that we are getting it, but it might increase our chances ever so slightly.

Third, by first teasing Ridley's existence, a few months later show his shadow while leaving his role vague enough to be considered ambiguous, and then even months later not reveal anything about his true role, only for him to be a boss anyway, would be alienating a large part of the fanbase who put their trust into Sakurai finally delivering after 13 years of waiting. At that point it stops being trolling, and starts being bad business practice.

I talk too much.

EDIT: Also, of all the bosses to tease, why Ridley? Why the big purple space dragon with a gigantic fanbase, why not some other boss?

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Triple Post
Ridley is more requested then King K. Rool. ^^;

Japan does not want Ridley...The U.S. AND Japan want THE KING!!!!

HAIL TO THE KING!!!!

To be completely honest I have started to see people support Dixie ever since a leak surfaced with her on it. That leak ended up being fake, but everyone started supporting her back then. K. Rool, however, has had support for a long long long time now.

Also he's ranked high on the worldwide popularity polls, while Dixie isn't even there. And K. Rool is far more important for the DK series than Dixie.
True story. Here is the MAIN leaked picture of Brawls roster before it was released and everyone thought it was real. I am not saying the Bowser Jr, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit picture is fake, because obviously its not,

BUT this was such a convincing CSS at the time and LOOK AT WHO IS ON IT!!!

http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/e/e0/Ssbb-roster-2.png

This, to me, just proves how long ago ALL 3 of these guys were wanted. They always seem to be in the cards of new characters that could be added. ALWAYS!!! King K., Mewtwo, and Ridley. They always seem to be there nowadays. Hell even Black Shadow is wanted by lots of people, but not as much as THESE 3!!!

GO MEWTWO!!! < Main excitement of Smash Melee!!
GO RIDLEY!!! < Been denied for too long as a Metroid Newcomer!!!
GO King K. Rool. < Damn would you make this roster so much more interesting and diverse, SINGLE-HANDEDLY!!!

I'm pretty sure we'll get at least one of these three as part of the remaining roster the leak didn't have.

I... don't know if it'd be Mewtwo. I'm not anti-Mewtwo at all and Lucario is not a clone of him but they're similar enough that I think Sakurai shows Lucario as a suitable replacement because Lucario as a Pokemon is popular (For some reason).

I would be pessimistic about K. Rool but honestly... The facts that a) We haven't seen any DK stages yet (Possibly meaning we're getting some Gangplank Galleon yo. Leak had no DK stages either so it'd make sense for it to unlock w/ K. Rool) and b) the Kremlings in Smash run are telling... in one way or another. It's not necessarily the case that an enemy in Smash Run means a character representing that faction (To be honest I still don't believe we'll be seeing Rhythm Heaven representation but if I'm wrong, whatever) but it shows that Sakurai doesn't feel like the Kremlings aren't relevant to the DK series and thus may have included K Rool as a playable fighter. OR this is Sakurai throwing the K Rool fans a bone by saying "Hey we haven't forgotten about you. I didn't add him this time but there's always a possibility next time." I don't know what to think, really. My gut says he'll show up in SSB5. But I'd like to see him this time. EDIT: BUT I'd rather have Dixie Kong, so long as she's not a clone.

Ridley though. Ridley is a character that I personally don't care a whole hell of a lot for as himself- Looking at the Ridley debate though, I'm definitely pro-inclusion. Metroid is a series that is GLORIOUS in many ways but in terms of fighters, it's just represented by Samus. Twice. And Metroid as a franchise has sold quite a bit more than Star Fox has as a franchise. But SF gets three characters... Sure they're all very similar-playing characters but they're still in Smash. And anyone using the too-big argument non-facetiously needs to get their brain examined at this point. Two words: Bowser's Bathtub. I feel like Sakurai's been teasing Ridley for too long and consistently to then later be like "nope he's just a boss." I think that if he were to disconfirm him then it would have been in the Smash Direct. That would have been enough time ahead to let them down and get used to the idea and then rebuild hype in other areas (Just like me with Ivysaur). As it is... If it just leaks from Japan that Ridley's not in, the Ridley fans are going to be bitter and possibly not buy the game, at least for a while. And there are a LOT of Ridley fans. There's honestly no reason for Sakurai not to include him.
You could be more right than you know about ANY of these 3 being in Smash 5. There is another thread on SmashBoards that brings up an interesting point. Sakurai has stated that he is treating the 3DS as Smash 4 and the Wii U as Smash 5...so if these characters are NOT in the 3DS version there is ALWAYS the possibility that they will be uniquely revealed for Wii U and then available as DLC for the 3DS later. SO THEN the rosters will still be the same as Sakurai also stated. Very thought provoking, but that sounds exactly like something Nintendo AND Sakurai would do. What else is going to make people buy the Wii U version? Best bet is new characters!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
True story. Here is the MAIN leaked picture of Brawls roster before it was released and everyone thought it was real. I am not saying the Bowser Jr, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit picture is fake, because obviously its not,

BUT this was such a convincing CSS at the time and LOOK AT WHO IS ON IT!!!

http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/e/e0/Ssbb-roster-2.png

This, to me, just proves how long ago ALL 3 of these guys were wanted. They always seem to be in the cards of new characters that could be added. ALWAYS!!! King K., Mewtwo, and Ridley. They always seem to be there nowadays. Hell even Black Shadow is wanted by lots of people, but not as much as THESE 3!!!

GO MEWTWO!!! < Main excitement of Smash Melee!!
GO RIDLEY!!! < Been denied for too long as a Metroid Newcomer!!!
GO King K. Rool. < Damn would you make this roster so much more interesting and diverse, SINGLE-HANDEDLY!!!
Gosh, the community must've been really dull in the Brawl Days.
The community as it is now could call it fake in less then a Minute and call it a day.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea if ridley and mewtwo and others not shown this week nor the next in the potds

Those 3 are going to get after release reveal/reveal trailer.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Gosh, the community must've been really dull in the Brawl Days.
The community as it is now could call it fake in less then a Minute and call it a day.
That seems to be just how it was. The community has really stepped up their game in terms of support for these characters. There have been many more leaks about Smash 3DS/Wii U, so after awhile you begin to see the majority as fake. Brawl didnt have too much leakage going for it COMPARED to this game.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
You could be more right than you know about ANY of these 3 being in Smash 5. There is another thread on SmashBoards that brings up an interesting point. Sakurai has stated that he is treating the 3DS as Smash 4 and the Wii U as Smash 5...so if these characters are NOT in the 3DS version there is ALWAYS the possibility that they will be uniquely revealed for Wii U and then available as DLC for the 3DS later. SO THEN the rosters will still be the same as Sakurai also stated. Very thought provoking, but that sounds exactly like something Nintendo AND Sakurai would do. What else is going to make people buy the Wii U version? Best bet is new characters!!!
Hmm, that's an idea. They've made a big deal about both games having the same roster, but to the letter of that, DLC would fit. Maybe there will end up being no cuts at all when it comes to the Wii U version because they had more time and later release for 3DS DLC.

SD cards gonna get filled real quick though if there's hella DLC

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Hmm, that's an idea. They've made a big deal about both games having the same roster, but to the letter of that, DLC would fit. Maybe there will end up being no cuts at all when it comes to the Wii U version because they had more time and later release for 3DS DLC.

SD cards gonna get filled real quick though if there's hella DLC
I wouldn't really want to have it happen this way, at least not without a confirmation at launch that yes, they are not in the game and yes, they will be in the near future when Wii U happens.
You know how it is with Ridley.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
There's no need to heat up, guys.

But I must say, comparing Ridley and K. Rool's chances with Captain Toad and Bandana Dee's is just... nonsense.
Chances according to whom exactly? Duck Hunt and Dr Mario got in for crying out loud. Moveset and gameplay trumps popularity most of the time.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I too am in support of the Big Three!
I believe in Mewtwo!
I believe in Ridley!
I believe in King K. Rool! (though I'd rather have Dixie, but the King is cool with me)
I believe in Harvey Dent!

Either by just not being leaked yet or through DLC, I'm positive these 3 will join the battle.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Also, am I the only one who thinks that Cranky Kong would make for a better DK rep than Dixie? If the only reason people are promoting Dixie over K.Rool is Tropical Freeze, and Cranky Kong was playable in that game too, Cranky Kong should have just as much of a chance as Dixie, no? And you have unique moveset potential with the Cane Hop and Squakers the parrot, while Dixie is literally just replace Diddy Kong's tail whip with her hair and the JETPACKS with hair helicopter. K.Rool is my priority for the 3rd DK rep, but if we get a fourth I think it should be the original kong.
Oh man, if we have to get a monkey, I want Cranky over Dixie any day of the week. Hopefully with all his dialogue being horribly patronizing and awesome.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I wish I could be as optimistic, but I do believe what we've seen is the final roster, I see little reason to believe otherwise outside of the All-Star lock, which could easily be a leftover either from the video demonstration or debugging skipping the All-Star trigger. Why would they not show the entire roster to the ESRB? Why would recent Japanese promotions say over 40 characters if there are over 50? What are the chances these are exactly the newcomers Ninka's leak listed, no more no less? 14 newcomers is already way higher than I expected from this roster.

I'm not going to put my faith in Sakurai's hints on Ridley and Mewtwo honestly, it's not the first time he's handled something poorly, and it could also go down to fan interpretations. When Sakurai said he was thinking about Mewtwo maybe he really was just thinking about him. When he teased Ridley as a stage boss maybe he really just is a stage boss. Yes, for the latter character he really should have told us by now his actual role, but I guess he wanted to take advantage of the Ridley hype as much as he could without actually including him. Either that or maybe he wants him to spearhead some stupid Wii U exclusive mode like playable bosses that he's only going to reveal post-3DS release, which would be even worse honestly.

I don't know with you guys, but ignoring what I actually want myself I see all arrows pointing towards what we saw as being the final roster. I'd love to be wrong though, I'd really love to be wrong. I'm sure Mewtwo is going to be DLC though, and K. Rool is just kind of up in the air, but Ridley is going to be out of luck unless a miracle happens.

EDIT: I guess I should mention I'm not as sad about it as I sound, I'm actually perfectly fine with the Brawl roster in itself, so getting a beefed up version of it is only a plus, even if it's missing Wolf and Snake.

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, if we have to get a monkey, I want Cranky over Dixie any day of the week. Hopefully with all his dialogue being horribly patronizing and awesome.
Just think of the taunts!

"Back in my day we used to throw barrels at our competition rather then this slang-jang hip hop of a fight! I'll show you whippersnappers how the real brawlers fight!"

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Why would recent Japanese promotions say over 40 characters if there are over 50?
Because as of now there are, what, 38 characters revealed? Almost 40? Why say 50 when you can say 40? If you say 50 then you are revealing too much about the roster size, plus if it's just a little over 50 there is no point in even saying it's over 50, it'd feel like false advertising.
Also, don't forget, Ridley has been shrunk this time around to a manageable size. Don't give up hope, space pirate. Thing. Person.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm worried that the roster that was leaked will be in fact our final roster. If there is some DLC adding back characters like Wolf, Lucas, and Mewtwo, sure!

But if Sakurai doesn't include Mewtwo again (which is a distinct possibility) I'm really going to question his character choices.

Morbi

Scavenger
I expect Ridley and Mewtwo; however, there is nothing indicative of King K. Rool's playable inclusion aside from the Kremlings. At least with Ridley we have the counter-intuitive reveal and with Mewtwo we have Sakurai's interjection and the odd Greninja presentation, the cherries on top of the merit sundaes.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It's really disheartening to see so much pessimism towards the inclusion of the hype three, and that's coming from someone who is usually quite pessimistic. Now are all three a bit way too idealistic, probably, but I mean you might as well believe in something like Smash just for the sake of believing.

I understand the pessimism for them, but Ridley and Mewtwo just make so much sense to be in the game after everything that has happened. King K. Rool is the one that's really up in the air since he hasn't been hinted at or teased in any capacity other than the odd Kritter trophy that shows up in PoTDs all too often and the Kremlings in Smash Run. But if they were going to include Mewtwo and Ridley, why not include the final part of that hype trio and highly requested character is my question?

There's just so much that can easily point towards the inclusion of the hype three, the fact we don't have any new DK content and none was revealed on the logical day when Tropical Freeze released, Ridley's shadow and Sakurai's determination to not tell us what capacity that Ridley exists in the game, the Greninja Mewtwo fake out and his comment from last year. If you match all of that up with Sakurai's comments about wanting to make the new Smash the best character game ever, not wanting to intentionally create fake hype, and his general adherence to fan expectations this time around and I think you get a very compelling case in support of the hype three being in the game.

Now realistically at the end of the day, I will be delighted to even see one get in despite the fact that I'm one of the few that still believes we'll see all three of them in the game (Either by release or via DLC). I'm not going to lie, I love the leaked roster honestly, I really do. It's a ton of veterans that I love and some very interesting newcomers that I can't wait to try out, so even if the hype three don't make it in, I'll still love the game, just be disappointed after everything that has already happened and having hoped to see their inclusion for some long. But if they are in, or even just one, I'll be over the moon in hype and excitement for the new game and it'll be an even more amazing game that I'm never going to stop playing!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
We've just gotten the most requested from the East and every other high level requested character except the most wanted from the West, the most wanted worldwide, and most wanted cut veteran. And each of those three has gotten varying levels of teasing, be it minor or face rubbingly obvious. I can't see how this is a coincidence.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Toad, Paper Mario, Chorus Men, and Ice Climbers are all great candidates for paid DLC that people would really want. So, I believe in DLC.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I expect Ridley and Mewtwo; however, there is nothing indicative of King K. Rool's playable inclusion aside from the Kremlings. At least with Ridley we have the counter-intuitive reveal and with Mewtwo we have Sakurai's interjection and the odd Greninja presentation, the cherries on top of the merit sundaes.
Can I just say that I love your posts? They always make me happy to read them. <3

We've just gotten the most requested from the East and every other high level requested character except the most wanted from the West, the most wanted worldwide, and most wanted cut veteran. And each of those three has gotten varying levels of teasing, be it minor or face rubbingly obvious. I can't see how this is a coincidence.
What was it, Shulk, Palutena, Mega Man, Ridley, K. Rool and Mewtwo?

Mega Man was one of the first announced and introduced major hype for the upcoming game; Palutena was an obvious choice from the get-go and E3 was the ideal time to reveal her; Shulk is a relatively new IP and a character that would benefit from a much, much later reveal as a sort of "wow factor" fighter, not to me tion the fact that the leaks meant now's as good a time as any to reveal him; Ridley's a huge fan favourite, K. Rool likewise and Mewtwo could do with a second chance to entice the fanbase. I think leaving them until the end would fit nicely into Sakurai's classy sense of casual light-hearted troll tactics, alright.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Wish I could be optimistic. But I'm pretty sure what we've seen is the final roster. Always hope for DLC, but I don't see that on the horizon either.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
I think the fact that Dr. Mario "is" in is proof that Mewtwo is in.

There's no way Sakurai looked back at Melee-Brawl cuts, looked at the fans, and concluded "Doctor Mario."

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I think the fact that Dr. Mario "is" in is proof that Mewtwo is in.

There's no way Sakurai looked back at Melee-Brawl cuts, looked at the fans, and concluded "Doctor Mario."
Dr. Mario was easy Mewtwo would require effort. Its as simple as that, at the moment I have no faith in sakurai, im pretty sure he will fail everyone except for the newfags...

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Dr. Mario was easy Mewtwo would require effort. Its as simple as that, at the moment I have no faith in sakurai, im pretty sure he will fail everyone except for the new****...
The essential fighting style is inherent in Lucario, not to mention the general animations and moves can easily be replicated from Melee. Not particularly difficult. ;3

You also seem to be disregarding the fact that Sakurai has previously revealed some of the most outstanding and hotly-desired characters in Smash history not even a few months ago. Just because he isn't suddenly magicking up brilliant newcomers at the last lap does not mean those accomplishments suddenly aren't playable. I find it a wee bit callous to say he's only appealing to a certain demographic when previous considerations suggest he's trying to appeal to as wide a vareity of fans as possible:

Mega Man is clearly a nod to the masses of fans who requested him in the game, not to mention it's the classic Mega Man a lot of older players grew up with and hold in the highest of regards

Villager is an eagerly anticipated character from a series that has had games as far back as the N64 in Japan, and even the Gamecube elsewhere

Wii Fit Trainer is an unexpected reference to a more recent Nintendo game that a lot of newer or less experienced fans may recognise

Rosalina and Luma are emblematic of the newer Mario games that are popular particularly with younger or more recently interested fans of the series

Little Mac is a hugely popular character amongst Western gamers and is a classic gaming icon

Greninja gives some love to the newest Pokémon generation and is designed with newer fans of the series in mind as well as those who grew up watching Pokémon (literally) evolve

Mii Fighters are appealing to the "casual" (a term I used advisedly for the sake of clarity) audiences who may not be familiar with other characters just yet and who may just want to have fun and play for a laugh with their friends and family

Pac-Man is a true blue, dyed-in-the-wool shout-out to classic gamers and fans of childhood nostalgia

Palutena is symbolic of Sakurai's reinvention of a classic series that was once, and is now once again, highly popular

Robin and Lucina represent the newest generation of Fire Emblem and the fans whom have been introduced to the series by that very game, not to mention the fact that it's a nice tribute to the game that single-handedly saved the series

Shulk is a new Nintendo IP that promises to excite and enthrall new gamers, as well as those that have previously played Xenoblade and wish to see others get involved in it alongside their newfound favourite characters

I understand that you're upset, but please don't lash out at Sakurai and others because of it. We can only do the best with what we have, and if we really want something more so, than we just have to trust and have faith in the series' creator and director. Calling him out for not appealing to what you want him to appeal to solves nothing and only causes further strife and antagonism.

Apologise if I sound condescending: I assure you that I have the best intentions and heart and would only like to see everybody well and truly content. ^_^

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
The essential fighting style is inherent in Lucario, not to mention the general animations and moves can easily be replicated from Melee. Not particularly difficult. ;3

You also seem to be disregarding the fact that Sakurai has previously revealed some of the most outstanding and hotly-desired characters in Smash history not even a few months ago. Just because he isn't suddenly magicking up brilliant newcomers at the last lap does not mean those accomplishments suddenly aren't playable. I find it a wee bit callous to say he's only appealing to a certain demographic when previous considerations suggest he's trying to appeal to as wide a vareity of fans as possible:

Mega Man is clearly a nod to the masses of fans who requested him in the game, not to mention it's the classic Mega Man a lot of older players grew up with and hold in the highest of regards

Villager is an eagerly anticipated character from a series that has had games as far back as the N64 in Japan, and even the Gamecube elsewhere

Wii Fit Trainer is an unexpected reference to a more recent Nintendo game that a lot of newer or less experienced fans may recognise

Rosalina and Luma are emblematic of the newer Mario games that are popular particularly with younger or more recently interested fans of the series

Little Mac is a hugely popular character amongst Western gamers and is a classic gaming icon

Greninja gives some love to the newest Pokémon generation and is designed with newer fans of the series in mind as well as those who grew up watching Pokémon (literally) evolve

Mii Fighters are appealing to the "casual" (a term I used advisedly for the sake of clarity) audiences who may not be familiar with other characters just yet and who may just want to have fun and play for a laugh with their friends and family

Pac-Man is a true blue, dyed-in-the-wool shout-out to classic gamers and fans of childhood nostalgia

Palutena is symbolic of Sakurai's reinvention of a classic series that was once, and is now once again, highly popular

Robin and Lucina represent the newest generation of Fire Emblem and the fans whom have been introduced to the series by that very game, not to mention the fact that it's a nice tribute to the game that single-handedly saved the series

Shulk is a new Nintendo IP that promises to excite and enthrall new gamers, as well as those that have previously played Xenoblade and wish to see others get involved in it alongside their newfound favourite characters

I understand that you're upset, but please don't lash out at Sakurai and others because of it. We can only do the best with what we have, and if we really want something more so, than we just have to trust and have faith in the series' creator and director. Calling him out for not appealing to what you want him to appeal to solves nothing and only causes further strife and antagonism.

Apologise if I sound condescending: I assure you that I have the best intentions and heart and would only like to see everybody well and truly content. ^_^
I can only be content if I get wolf back, and mewtwo back. Ridley would make me very happy also. Concerning popularity I'd say he's given Megaman who is Capcom not Nintendo so I care nothing for him and little Mac who is popular but not as much as the big 3 and I have no personal attachment to.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Less than a month to see which is right anyway. See you at the finish line, friend.
Not in the slightest. We have until 'Holiday 2014.'

What about wolf :(
Dude every thread is not the Wolf thread, every time another character is mentioned is not the time to mention Wolf.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
What if they are just waiting as long as possible to reveal all 3 of them at once right before the game comes out? This would definitely add tons of hype. I know this most likely won't happen, but you never know. Wishful thinking!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom