• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ITT: The best thing since sliced bread (Update: Added video tutorial to the OP).

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
red, I think he's talking about how you jump up when you footstool somebody.

Can't you do a shorthop footstool though?

ARGH NEEDS VIDEO

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
I'm working this out in my mind, and I can really see this happening. I'm about to run off to work, and when I get back I'll test it out in training. Maybi even do a non-official video :3

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I'm working this out in my mind, and I can really see this happening. I'm about to run off to work, and when I get back I'll test it out in training. Maybi even do a non-official video :3
I just checked, it's the short hop version, but I only found that out because I messed up on the second one and was too high when I kneed. It seems like the version with two footstools will take awhile to do consistently. And a video would be great, TKONTK said he wouldn't be making one anyway.

Tenki

Smash Hero
What I meant was that even if you did a SH footstool, you can't rely on any followups if your opponent is TOO close to the ground.

Footstool moves are sensitive to damage and placement because you have to balance and maximize the time that your opponent is in:
- Falling stun (can only control float) <-- maximize this.
- Ground bounce animation <-- be able to do a followup before this is over.

and minimize the time you spend in the air before they bounce.

because after they finish bouncing, they can roll or do anything they can as if they didn't tech the floor, and, as limited as that is, it still gives them more options and less 'guaranteed moves' for you.

it was to explain why this wouldn't work
you can them immediately jump and footstool them before they hit the ground. After this it is possible to dair them on your way down before they recover
(minimal fall stun)
(too much air time for you, too much time on the floor for opponent)

>__>; I don't think that'd be possible even if Falcon had Fox fall speed.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
drum..covers?

And regarding the video for these combo's:
If you want to see one, you'll have to make it yourself, as I do not have the time to make it.

The explainations explain the combo's, so everyone who is able to record+upload should be able to get a video of this up.
yezzir, drum covers :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
What the heck? CPU keeps airdodging well before I can even land a normal knee, much less a dair..

I'm confused. *waits for vid*
Edits: It seems like you could always airdodge after getting daired. :|
But, on a further note, thats all you CAN do. At 53%, bowser airdodges before I can even get off the ground, being invincible till he touches down again, but instead of going for the footstool, I can just dair again <_<; He can't dodge since hes still lagging from landing.

Seems like the only action you can do during dair is airdodge, which leads to a weird illusion that dair > knee is a combo. I suppose it is, since you can always time the knee to hit after airdodge ends, and since you can knee them before they can aerial.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
What the heck? CPU keeps airdodging well before I can even land a normal knee, much less a dair..

But, on a further note, thats all you CAN do. At 53%, bowser airdodges before I can even get off the ground, being invincible till he touches down again, but instead of going for the footstool, I can just dair again <_<; He can't dodge since hes still lagging from landing.

Seems like the only action you can do during dair is airdodge, which leads to a weird illusion that dair > knee is a combo. I suppose it is, since you can always time the knee to hit after airdodge ends, and since you can knee them before they can aerial.
Same problem I'm having, my lvl9 CPU's keep on dodging, no matter how high/low I set the percentage, but according to the info here and the Dair>Knee thread, it's a combo, so I'm confused too. Is it a TRUE combo or not?

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Same problem I'm having, my lvl9 CPU's keep on dodging, no matter how high/low I set the percentage, but according to the info here and the Dair>Knee thread, it's a combo, so I'm confused too. Is it a TRUE combo or not?
Doesn't seem to be a true combo. *facepalms*

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly

Gawrdgh! I tested it properly, both manually and on Lvl 1, 3 and 9's. At 1x, 1/2 and 1/4 speed. Looks like someone's lvl 9 CPU's have learned the glory of 'haxdodgin'

But seriously, this thread will stop until a video is up. *ponders*

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I know that what I did isn't a true combo, I'm not a moron, but somehow I fail at pulling off the combo, so I come here and ask what I do wrong. But my my question hasn't been answered. Is it SUPPOSED to be a true combo or not?

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
I know that what I did isn't a true combo, I'm not a moron, but somehow I fail at pulling off the combo, so I come here and ask what I do wrong. But my my question hasn't been answered. Is it SUPPOSED to be a true combo or not?
It IS.
I've noticed one thing, if you try to airdodge too late, you can't act. WEIIIIIIIRD.

And yes, my CPU's are very intelligent, if you watch my videos you can see their masterful moves.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i highly doubt it actually works... as i dont see how you can hit someeone you FOOTSTOOL with a dair

since you cant fastfall till you reach the apex of your jump

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't work, after some pretty bland testing and this video that is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKfOA26R6Zo&fmt=18

Check it out at 2:27 Mr. R tries it on Rebaz though instead trying to charge an up smash and gets knee'd instead. He barely even got to charge the upsmash before he got knee'd. Granted he was at 97% damage but from what I understand on this combo he has to be at like what 65% or higher? Correct me if i'm wrong.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Footstool = momentum.
UAir = Regain Control.
UAir Footstool Momentum Cancel.

I don't see how it's a bad joke.
That's a fallacy. Uair doesn't help to regain control, it only lets you jump/do a B move earlier out of hitstun. Only momentum-changing specials and certain aerials (weird ones, trust me not Falcon's uair) can change momentum after a footstool, and those can be used to make footstool combos (in this video). The problem with your combo is that there is no way to cancel the momentum for the dair>footstool>dair version without doing a laggy B move. By saying uair will work is going back on your previous words, and... incorrect. You guys are going to need a video if you want anyone to believe you.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
It IS.
I've noticed one thing, if you try to airdodge too late, you can't act. WEIIIIIIIRD.

And yes, my CPU's are very intelligent, if you watch my videos you can see their masterful moves.
Allright, thanks for your elaboration :).

n00b, they know, but no one wants to take the responsability to do it it :p..
Not even me...

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Hmm ok. I'd do it, but I can't do the combo lol, so I guess if someone would send me a replay, I could record it or something. It sounds cool if it works, but it just seems like a lot of hype for nothing.

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
That's a fallacy. Uair doesn't help to regain control, it only lets you jump/do a B move earlier out of hitstun. Only momentum-changing specials and certain aerials (weird ones, trust me not Falcon's uair) can change momentum after a footstool, and those can be used to make footstool combos (in this video). The problem with your combo is that there is no way to cancel the momentum for the dair>footstool>dair version without doing a laggy B move. By saying uair will work is going back on your previous words, and... incorrect. You guys are going to need a video if you want anyone to believe you.
Jesus, dude. Fine. Regain Control EARLIER.

You'd think I wouldn't have to explain every detail.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Jesus, dude. Fine. Regain Control EARLIER.

You'd think I wouldn't have to explain every detail.
What? No. That makes no sense. I said hitstun in my last post, not footstool momentum or whatever. None of Falcon's aerials will halt his footstool momentum- he will keep going up. You can uair before he reaches his max height, but he will reach that max height at the same time regardless. You have control right after you footstool, the problem is that you are still moving upward. Pretty much the only things that can change this are stall-then-fall aerials, which Falcon does not have, or special moves, none of which are effective but Falcon Kick, which I've never questioned/disputed.

I watched that video that was linked in your post, n00b. We can't foot stool knee like that?
You're still moving up as you footstool, so most footstool followups aren't possible (I think Falcon Kick is the only one for Falcon, but if this combo works, then that would be cool). And when someone is on the ground, I'm pretty sure that the knee can't sweetspot them anyway.

red-blue, make a replay.

send to noob.

noob upload.

problem solved.
Yeah. We should make it happen.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Here is a video tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUpm7gDOQOM

And yes, I like the music I put under the vid.

Also, I like to point out that move damage/knockback deminishing actually helps this combo. (as the opponent flies upwards less high, so they are more easily footstool'd/sweet knee'd.).

Iwan

Smash Ace
Here is a video tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUpm7gDOQOM

And yes, I like the music I put under the vid.

Also, I like to point out that move damage/knockback deminishing actually helps this combo. (as the opponent flies upwards less high, so they are more easily footstool'd/sweet knee'd.).
Dude, the music in the vid is awesome :D....Kingdom Hearts ;)

Ahh....memories......

:p

And I'm glad the vids up so people can stop asking how it's done -_-
Yay.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Very cool, thanks for putting up the video. So once you reach the minimum damage this will work at, will it work indefinitely, or is there a ceiling too?

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Wait...So does this only work when the character is lying on the ground?
A SH dair autocancels, so at the right percents (around 65% for most characters I think it said in the video), the spike will provide sufficient knockback and hitstun to allow you to footstool the opponent while they're on the ground if the dair isn't teched (it almost never is). The combo starts with the SH dair, but yeah they need to be on the ground first if you want to footstool>dair>knee.

kamimari36

Smash Apprentice
Thank you n00b. It makes more sense.
"Now Falcons! Let us rejoice in the glory of the BEAST combo! Spread the word that Lord Falcon is back with a new, more manly combo than N-Air>jab! Watch them shake in their fear! Alba Gu bra!"

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I did, I couldn't really tell because of the quality but ok I believe you. So are you implying that this may not be a combo, or that you can start the combo with whatever kind of dair that was in that vid? Because one of those should be true, I guess.

Top Bottom