• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IUBC: The GP Affairs Ep. 4 "We About To Get Squoze on Gravity!""

steep

Smash Lord
Steep don't ask me how I saw the post you tried to make that got 502'd but yeah, we can definitely play this time around!
LOL Good stuff. Who is bringing setups again? I might be able to convince my parents to let me haul a tv and our wii to this if I don't think there will be very many setups. I'd have a better argument that way.

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
I had planned on bringing a full smash an marvel set up. If I don't brin a marvel set up, then we should have room for crashes tv too, and since I have a ps3 and nit an xbox, that may be better for crash to bring his

:phone:

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
Just a note for those people arriving on Friday night/going to be housed by us, dunno if Jake went over this with ya'll or not:

There's guest parking in our complex, it's pretty easy to find, its just in the middle of the road that goes through the complex, and not up against any of the apartments. The guest parking is almost always empty, and there should be room for all your cars.

Also don't leave anything valuable in your cars, we can make room for your setups and stuff. The neighborhood kids are *******s. They're not above lighting you and your possessions on fire.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
SAGO YOU GET HERE.

YOU GET HERE NOW.

Also I'm slowly writing up the housing announcement, but the guy who was supposed to open today came in 3 hours late so I'm swamped in bull**** to do.
Avenger is kinda exaggerating though.

D

Deleted member

Fino, just drive east until you hit Medina, Ohio. ;)

Okay, I'm done now. xD

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Hades are you going to this?

:phone:
I'm like 99% sure I'm going. Plans changed since sov isn't driving out here before the tourney starts, but now I just need him to confirm that he can give me a ride back home if my dad drives me out there.

Also my phone screen broke so I can't see text messages ;(.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I'm like 99% sure I'm going. Plans changed since sov isn't driving out here before the tourney starts, but now I just need him to confirm that he can give me a ride back home if my dad drives me out there.

Also my phone screen broke so I can't see text messages ;(.
That, I can try to arrange. If not, I'll ask Ren if he can, since he's the only other person in IN that drives. (COUNT, come back to us!!!)

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
The only other person.

Alright guys, technically I'm still busy but I don't wanna put this off anymore.

HOUSING ANNOUNCEMENTS

The basics, obviously--respect our ****, dont **** anything up, etc.
There's a lot of room here but not a lot of furniture, so bring something to sleep on!. Don't rely on us for blankets/pillows because you'll be cold and lonely in the deep dark night, while the people who did bring their own sleeping stuff will likely be able to see paradise by the dashboard light.

Avenger was exaggerating about the neighborhood kids, but don't get confused... they are little punks. We can make room for all your stuff somewhere in the house, but it's safe to leave it in your cars as long as you lock the doors. It's not like they're thieves, they're just brats and are bored enough to **** with your stuff if available.

What he said about parking is true though. Make sure you park in the middle spots. There will be plenty of room since no one apparently ever has guests but you have to park there or we'll catch crap.

As for housing arrangements thus far:
Staying Friday Night
Illinoise 3-4 (Count, Kyle, Kain, Sago?)
Cstate 2-4 (Sai, Daycia, two others?)
Fino's Car (Fino, Legan, Nicole)
Terre Haute 3 (LoZ, Squid, JF)

Staying Saturday Night
Illinoise 3-4 (Count, Kyle, Kain, Sago?)
Louisville 4 (Hilt, Crash, Oreo, Spin)
*Knees 3 (Lumi, Slim, Sora)
Fino's Car (Fino, Legan, Nicole)
Terre Haute 3 (LoZ, Squid, JF)

*-May not make it

If anyone else is interested in housing Friday, let me know. Possible emergency housing Saturday based on the Knees' attendance.

Now, on Saturday night, the possibility of drinking is highly possible. If anyone interested in Saturday housing has a problem with that, well... I dunno.
People are welcome to hang out some saturday after the tournament even if they aren't staying(assuming tournament and clean-up don't run too late) but those people are not allowed to drink. There is no debate.

Also the address is 507 Graham Place, Bloomington IN 47401. That way you can, yanno... get there.

As for tournament-related announcements, I'm considering going with the spirit of the last GP and just seeding straight into bracket without pools. If this is the case, I'll make sure to do my best to separate by region/location so that you won't play someone you rode up with until at least 3rd round winners. And I wouldn't finalize the bracket without getting it looked over by at least one other T.O.
Thoughts?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
People are welcome to hang out some saturday after the tournament even if they aren't staying(assuming tournament and clean-up don't run too late) but those people are not allowed to drink. There is no debate.
Damn right, kill them with dehydration. You'll go up one spot on the only tier list that matters for each one that keels over.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Sago's going (yay) but we'll have to leave Saturday night now (boo) but we will need housing on Friday :)
Count! Come visit me, and play friendlies! I'll house you guys! How many? The only thing is, I have to leave early Saturday morning at 6:30am.

steep

Smash Lord
I'm considering going with the spirit of the last GP and just seeding straight into bracket without pools. If this is the case, I'll make sure to do my best to separate by region/location so that you won't play someone you rode up with until at least 3rd round winners. And I wouldn't finalize the bracket without getting it looked over by at least one other T.O.
Thoughts?
I think this sounds like an excellent plan. :D

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Well I had a group of 7 people and they all have dropped out one by one...guess I can't make it now. :/

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
dude... 88 crown victoria. GET AT ME 6 people comfortably ;] gotta love them America cars

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
yo. looks like I'll be leaving at like 5:30 in the morning because I work until 10:30 tonight. what a bummer. looks like I'm just going to stay up all night and practice or something. here's my number in case I'm late or something because I don't want to die from lack of sleep on the road.

217-622-3131

Count

Smash Champion
Illinois is johning out :( So sorry Jake. We thought the trip was 3.5 hrs rather than 4.5, and we didn't want to spend the weekend on a tiny tournament.

Please don't hate me :'(

Top Bottom