• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivo vs Exalador, kirby has gotten good :D

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Thank God we have more Kirby Masters. :) Your pretty good with Kirby, you should do more meteor smashes to lessen the pain on Toon Link, but when he does his up B, it's kind of hard to.... oh well, your still made Kirby look worthy to master by all.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
I can't coment on mistakes seeing as I don't even have the game and don't know all of the mechanics. Can you fast fall during an aerial? Now if this was Melee then I could say something. :)

Dodger

Smash Ace
That's one of the best kirby video's I've seen. It beats the snot out of mine :-) One thing I will suggest though is to be a bit more discriminate in your use of the bair. Remember that its killing potential may infact be reduced every time you connect with it. I think this is quite apparent especially near the end of the match.

Melee players will have to learn that the days of spamming bair like a mad man are gone.

edit: Actually, you seem to kill him both times at the same percent. Maybe knock back isn't reduced that much afterall.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Man, that was good, were u using any advanced techs? I really need to start practicing with Melee using no techs if ur not. Is it me, or was Kirby moving a lot faster there?

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
Hey does anyone know if you can fastfall an aerial now or is it that you can only fastfall before and after?

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
Man, that was good, were u using any advanced techs? I really need to start practicing with Melee using no techs if ur not. Is it me, or was Kirby moving a lot faster there?
I think all the characters move faster now... not 100% sure, but I think the person that said they where slowing down brawl was crazy.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
No, there are several charachters that are a lot slower. (most noticable fox falco falcon)

Kirby has gotten faster now, better fsmash. Faster initial dash. More air control. I really like his new way.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
My only comment as far as play style is concerned, is just be aware of the other player and take advantage of it; you more often than not (whether you did it on accident or not) tricked him into using Down+A, and without L-Cancel, he was left wide open every time. If they've only got one mode of attacking, abuse it :) Otherwise, I like you general playstyle of Kirby.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Remember that its killing potential may infact be reduced every time you connect with it. I think this is quite apparent especially near the end of the match.

Melee players will have to learn that the days of spamming bair like a mad man are gone..
I was so sad when I found out about that. All my Bair Spam training, made completely worthless:cry:

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
um dodger, just fyi. The knockback of the bair only gets reduced when it connects, so spamming it until it hits will work wonders
Kirby players spam Bair ALL THE TIME. Its(my) main approach with Kirby and I usually hit with it. It was my main kill mover right behind Uair and now with Uair's nerf, Dairs low knockback and Bair reduction, Kirby is going to have to rely heavily on his mostly laggy ground attacks:(

Top Bottom