• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Izaw matches (NEW MATCHES AGAINST A PRO DEDEDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Bouse, your right I should have asked a bit more politely my mistake.

I'll post a Video in a week of myself fighting against, another pro obviously.

I actually want Aurashade to reply.
I'll fight you, even if it's just WiFi. PM me for a time. Btw, it's best not to judge someone's true skill based on vids. It's all about how you react to your opponent. You don't play everyone the same way, and yes nobody's perfect. There's bound to be mistakes made or pointed out in watching vids. So bring it.

Finns7

Smash Ace
You guys wont even get to prove your status because I Finns7 will make Link broken and banned from tourneys.

First off lol at people writing in other languages. Translate Japanese to English(and off course English to Japanese) probably dont work well cause they are not the same language stock ---> there is many words that 1. dont exist in the language you are translating to 2. has many different meanings in the language in one of the languages and very few in the other 3. grammar is totally diffrent 4. all translatorprograms suck cause they are unintelligent and cant compete with the superior human mind. nu ska jag snacka lite svenska...

@Finns7: Nej tyvärr, det är jag, för jag gör inget annat än letar efter nya ATs. Jag känner mig lite som en av de som kan bäst om Links properties(pinsamt att man kan sitt andra språk bättre än modersmål ibland, jag skyller på att jag fortfarande är groggy efter smällen i huvet).

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
I can speak spanish very well, better than english actually but I don't see why we need to speak or write in spanish in a site where 0.1% will understand what the hell you're saying...

EDIT: uhhh wait, that could be convenient sometimes.

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
Izaw du äger ju hårt med Link, jag mainade han förut men övergav han för Olimar. Men jag har tänkt att göra han min secondarie nu.

4Serial

Smash Lord
I'm totally sigging this. :D

lol
you make me feel like the worst link player D:
play me on wifi and train me. it's been months since i've last played you!
plus, deva won't play with me, izaw is from europe, and legan doesn't even own a wii
oh **** arkive, train me on wifi too. i hear you're a pretty good link player

D

Deleted member

NO ONE IS DEVA STATUS!!!!!!
i've heard from a very reliable source (Me) that deva cheats on norfair

dair killing at -90%? wtf lol

btw deva did u get DQ'd at that tourney? i played one tourney match the entire 7+ hrs i was there so i bet i was DQ'd when we were playing friendlies lol....

Deva

Smash Lord
yeah, I heard them DQ you. I tried to look for you when they were calling you but you must've been in the back room. What happened to me was hella gey though. I was called up for a match, went up to the front, kept asking them what my match was for 4 straight hours, and when they finally found me in the bracket said they must've accidently double clicked my opponents name and advanced him while they were viewing my match to call me up. It had been like 4-5 more match sets since then though so it was impossible to put me back into the tournament. All I got was an apology, my money back, and a gift card to game stop for a random amount of money from $1-$100 where as the the trip cost me a total of 32 hours of driving and over $300 >_>. One good thing might come out of this though. The guy that was running the tournament felt really bad about what happened and gave me his number and said to let him know if there was anything else he could do to make it up to me. I'm pretty sure we'll be seing Norfair in the CP list at the next Axis =P.

D

Deleted member

yeah, I heard them DQ you. I tried to look for you when they were calling you but you must've been in the back room. What happened to me was hella gey though. I was called up for a match, went up to the front, kept asking them what my match was for 4 straight hours, and when they finally found me in the bracket said they must've accidently double clicked my opponents name and advanced him while they were viewing my match to call me up. It had been like 4-5 more match sets since then though so it was impossible to put me back into the tournament. All I got was an apology, my money back, and a gift card to game stop for a random amount of money from $1-$100 where as the the trip cost me a total of 32 hours of driving and over $300 >_>. One good thing might come out of this though. The guy that was running the tournament felt really bad about what happened and gave me his number and said to let him know if there was anything else he could do to make it up to me. I'm pretty sure we'll be seing Norfair in the CP list at the next Axis =P.
dude that sucks lol you should make him put RC and norfair up on the stage list, and take out FO. then you'll have no problems the entire time lol

but yea i think i was having too much fun watching either the germ play, or playing against T!mmy

T!mmy's kirby is toooooooooo good >_<
i've never played against a more efficient kirby in my entire freaking life. i guess my brother is too aggressive or something idk.

Deva

Smash Lord
And you doubted me in the Kirby matchup *tsk tsk*

lol

And Germ and I never finished our Wolf Link set >:O

I was about to convince him to switch back to Link XD

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I lol at the Germ vs Deva match. It's like colliding forces, Melee vs Brawl mains, who to main, strained emotions and stuff. XD Maybe not but it's still cool. One of best Link players vs one of the best Wolf players (who used to be one of best Link mains in the world in Melee), the whole concept is just epic.

DSP

Smash Apprentice
Whoa! Kudos to you, Izaw. It takes a lot of creativity to end something with a dtilt. Can't wait to apply it (or at least try to).

4Serial

Smash Lord
holy **** Izaw that was ****. I always knew jab cancel > d-tilt at the edge was good, because people try to DI inwards when they get hit off the edge lol

sasook

Smash Champion
So the spike hitboxes currently known are:

Over the head with the middle through tip of the sword

Inside his body

Hilt hitting the feet

Dang you Sakurai, think you could have made it just a LITTLE BIT more complicated?

4Serial

Smash Lord
It works on both sides of him.. It just has to be insanely close.
Jab canceling near the edge > d-tilt works because people generally DI into you because they're scared of going far off the edge when being defensive. Kind of like when Charizard or Bowser use their fire attack (neutral+B) and you're kind of trapped in it without realizing you can just DI away and get onto the edge.

D

Deleted member

dayumns son

i think that ****s on par with legan's combo lol @_@

sasook

Smash Champion
It works on both sides of him.. It just has to be insanely close.
Except that you can't hit the opponent's midsection, such as their stomach or something, I believe. It has to be their head or their feet (I've tested the feet, and....you just saw the head).

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
f***ing awesome combo...ima try that later lol
how the heck do u zair effectively???? I've seen your vids countless times and still cant zair as effectively as you..my zairs always end up hiiiiigh in the air lol

4Serial

Smash Lord
I'm sure it just matters where you hit them with the part of the hitbox. As long as they are very close to Link's actual body when you use the d-tilt, it will spike. It's just less common for the midsection to be hit because it potentially pushes Link away and the hitbox moves, or maybe the part of the hitbox that doesn't spike hits them too, and has more priority over the spiking hitbox. It doesn't really matter which part of the opponent is hit, as long as the proper hitbox hits.

@lilmister: shorthop?

sasook

Smash Champion
lol true true.

To be honest though, Arkive used it (the forward) in one of his matches against 8bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom